Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer

The grand total of 6 points won everyone over? Cool. Dolphin fans have such a low bar for success, it’s disturbing.
Perhaps if they had receivers who could catch and an OL that could block, they would have had more than 6 points today. When you have no running game and receivers dropping catchable balls left and right, it’s rather difficult for any QB to lead his team to many points.

Show me where a dropped TD pass helps win a game and I’ll concede your point.
Your argument was not "winning the game". You need defense for that as well.
You were trying to piss on people who liked Rosen's performance today by saying "6 points is 6 points". And I say: he also had two dropped TD passes which you cannot use as a negative for Rosen.

Perhaps if they had receivers who could catch and an OL that could block, they would have had more than 6 points today. When you have no running game and receivers dropping catchable balls left and right, it’s rather difficult for any QB to lead his team to many points.

This sounds eerily similar. It’s almost like I’ve heard it for the past 6 years with another Dolphins QB who was just traded.

Your argument was not "winning the game". You need defense for that as well.
You were trying to piss on people who liked Rosen's performance today by saying "6 points is 6 points". And I say: he also had two dropped TD passes which you cannot use as a negative for Rosen.

The point is this team put up 6 points, period. Rosen led this team to 6 points in 60 minutes of play. How anyone can come away feeling good about that is beyond baffling.

This sounds eerily similar. It’s almost like I’ve heard it for the past 6 years with another Dolphins QB who was just traded.
No it doesn't. Ryan had many more problems. I don't recall any game under Ryan where receivers had 5 drops (two of which would have been TDs) and a running back fumbling at the goal line all inside 30 minutes.

The reason Rosen is not seen as a quality NFL QB is because he has been forced to play with inept offensive teams in Arizona and Miami. To me he is the best QB selected in the 2018 draft and the Dolphins brass would be idiots if they don’t build this team around him.

They need to upgrade the OL, WR’s and RB,s as well as the defense with all the draft picks they have the next two years. IMO, they don’t need to select their QB of the future in the draft because he is already on the Dolphins roster.
Agreed.. some fans only see what they want to believe. They think one player, a QB, is the answer to it all. If that was the case Marino would have at least 6 SB's.

A good backup is his floor. He is better than that in my opinion, but it is too early to tell. I saw good plays by Rosen, and plenty of opportunities for him to improve.
In my view if a team doesn’t have an elite QB they are in need of an upgrade. Pretty much all of the playoff teams that are repeat offenders and make championship runs have that in common. Most of those QBs show the signs right away and elevate the level of play of the team. Of course there are the occasional exceptions for teams that might have a great defense and their QB doesn’t kill them.

I agree Rosen makes some nice plays like the 40 yard completion to Parker to start the game and pass stripped from PW in the end zone.

I also see that he surrenders to sacks and starts to sit to soften the hit, from a human perspective I get it, throws the ball up for grabs when pressured and only 6 points (not all his doing) while going 3 for 15 on 3rd down against a team that doesn’t bring much pressure (2 sacks combined vs. Giants and Skins) who were missing a couple of starters on the DL doesn’t lead me to think he is going to play at an elite level, along with play in previous games. Seems a lot like the QB Miami just moved on from.

Rosen has now thrown for 1 TD in his last 8 games, 6 of them starts.

That’s why I see a long term possibility as a good backup at this point. Perhaps, fans wearing Rosen colored shades think I’m insulting him. I’m not, that’s an important position on the team.

Personally I think there are more skilled QBs coming out in the draft and at this point Rosen could be a really good backup and maybe even a decent starter for a team that makes the playoffs every once in a while when the schedule is favorable assuming there is enough talent around him.

The point is this team put up 6 points, period. Rosen led this team to 6 points in 60 minutes of play. How anyone can come away feeling good about that is beyond baffling.
Like I said in the GFY thread: useless talking talking to you about that. Plus this says it all:

There’s nothing that Rosen can show me that changes my mind on Tua. And if we pass on Tua for Rosen, this team is too far gone for redemption.

Back
Top Bottom