Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer

It's going to be difficult to overcome the stigma that comes along with leading 2 teams to the 1st pick in the draft in back to back years. With that being said he looked great today. He made some elite plays and is the answer at Qb in my opinion. Tua and anyone else available in the draft won't do what Rosen will next year.

It’s really not fair to Rosen. I think that he will get better during the season. But the players around him are practice squad at best.
I agree with you regarding the players around him being PS players. In fact I doubt there are 10 players on this roster who would even make the roster of most of the NFL teams.

I may be higher on Rosen than many others on this forum but I don’t care who the QB was today. With the dropped TD catches, the fumble near the goal line, the calls for three running plays inside the 5 yard line and the putrid OL, the best QB in history would have had trouble putting more than 6 points on the scoreboard today.

Unless they severely upgrade the talent on this roster, it won’t matter who the QB is going forward. Because whether it is Rosen , Tua, or someone else, this team will continue to struggle as long as they continue to have a terrible OL, a bottom of the barrel defense and WR’s and running backs which just aren’t good enough.

I agree with you regarding the players around him being PS players. In fact I doubt there are 10 players on this roster who would even make the roster of most of the NFL teams.

I may be higher on Rosen than many others on this forum but I don’t care who the QB was today. With the dropped TD catches, the fumble near the goal line, the calls for three running plays inside the 5 yard line and the putrid OL, the best QB in history would have had trouble putting more than 6 points on the scoreboard today.

Unless they severely upgrade the talent on this roster, it won’t matter who the QB is going forward. Because whether it is Rosen , Tua, or someone else, this team will continue to struggle as long as they continue to have a terrible OL, a bottom of the barrel defense and WR’s and running backs which just aren’t good enough.

And that's why its such a shame that despite the feeling that we've got great draft capitol, this season is almost a complete wash. You can't develop or evaluate anyone with the train wreck around them. Those ten players that are better than practice squad worthy are getting very little except older, more banged up, less confident, and less invested in this organization.

The grand total of 6 points won everyone over? Cool. Dolphin fans have such a low bar for success, it’s disturbing.
While it shouldn't have, the fact is that Williams dropped a touchdown in the end zone, Drake fumbled on the six yard line and given 3 shots inside the ten on another drive, Rosen wasn't given a chance to throw it. Can't talk about the six points in a vacuum.

The QB gets the glory and the blame. It’s the way of the NFL.

You are wrong. Only those individuals who have no idea about the game of football place all the blame on the QB and give the QB all the glory. There are 53 men on the roster and coaches making the game plan.

Obviously QB’s get too much credit and too much blame but fans who actually played the game understand that without the players around him doing their jobs effectively, even the greatest QB will fail.

Miami is still taking a QB next year no matter what. You don’t strip your roster down to bare bones and tank like this just to pass on a top QB prospect, that was the whole point of this. Rosen is either going to be a cheap back up for a few years or he’s going to get traded to a QB needy team.
The whole point was to clean the cap, or they never would have made the trade for Rosen to begin with. The Tunsil and Minkah trades were the result of "perfect storm" situations.

Can't agree with the OP. If we're in position to take one of the Top Qbs I think we have to pull the trigger. Even if Rosen does well with our track record at Qb I can't take that chance. We have to make sure we get this right .Worst case scenario we have a valuable bargaining chip.

And that's why its such a shame that despite the feeling that we've got great draft capitol, this season is almost a complete wash. You can't develop or evaluate anyone with the train wreck around them. Those ten players that are better than practice squad worthy are getting very little except older, more banged up, less confident, and less invested in this organization.
Unfortunately you are correct. The play of Howard today showed a player who is regressing under this coaching staff.Today he played like he just didn’t care anymore. It makes you wonder if the few quality players left on this team continue to regress, how in the world can they bring this coaching staff back next year.

Unfortunately at this point, it might be best for the team and for Howard to trade him before he regresses anymore. He seems to have gone from one of the best CB’s in the NFL to just another mediocre player on this roster.

There's nothing about Rosen game and in today's game in Dallas that should make anyone think you shouldn't draft the best QB available to you.
While I understand where you are coming from. The reality is that with all the holes on this team and Grier selecting the talent, there is nothing he has done as the GM to make me think that he is the right person to be rebuilding this team.

You can draft a QB every year in the first round but if you don’t have a clue how to draft quality players throughout the roster, it isn’t going to make any difference who the QB is.

My biggest concern is with Grier being responsible for for this rebuilding job. I just have no confidence in him as the teams GM. If Tua is smart, he will stay at Alabama for his senior year and avoid having to deal with what will likely be a long rebuilding process in Miami.

While I understand where you are coming from. The reality is that with all the holes on this team and Grier selecting the talent, there is nothing he has done as the GM to make me think that he is the right person to be rebuilding this team.

You can draft a QB every year in the first round but if you don’t have a clue how to draft quality players throughout the roster, it isn’t going to make any difference who the QB is.

My biggest concern is with Grier being responsible for for this rebuilding job. I just have no confidence in him as the teams GM. If Tua is smart, he will stay at Alabama for his senior year and avoid having to deal with what will likely be a long rebuilding process in Miami.

Maybe..But he's the GM...So????

If Tua is smart he'll stay away from the team with 1000x picks and more FA money than anyone?

Wow...yeah! Sure

Back
Top Bottom