Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer

I'm sorry but this literally made me laugh. I guess this kind of reaction is to be expected when your fan base is beyond desperate for something positive. For the record, I do think Rosen looked good today.

This sounds eerily similar. It’s almost like I’ve heard it for the past 6 years with another Dolphins QB who was just traded.
The difference is that Rosen actually has QB skills, while Tannehill never really had the overall skills to be anything more than what he was. Which was a below average QB who never should have been selected in the first round of the NFL draft. He was never anything more than a decent backup type QB and that is why no other NFL team wanted to trade for him and make him their starter.

Obviously every other team in the NFL understood that Tannehill was not a quality starting QB and that is why he is now a backup for the Titans and the Titans will likely be looking to draft a QB to replace Mariota in the 2020 draft.

I'm sorry but this literally made me laugh. I guess this kind of reaction is to be expected when your fan base is beyond desperate for something positive. For the record, I do think Rosen looked good today.
To be fair....I have not read anybody who declares Rosen as a long term answer yet except the OP. Most are:
- good game
- let's see more

I think the only excitement you can read is that if he would be the long term answer we don't necessarily have to draft a QB in the 1st round.

Agreed. I liked alot of things Rosen showed us today, but I'm not making a decision until the season is over.

Like I said in the GFY thread: useless talking talking to you about that. Plus this says it all:

Seems like you’re in the same boat with Rosen. You’re ride or die with him. I guess we’ll have another 13 games to see if he can manage more than 6 points.

This sounds eerily similar. It’s almost like I’ve heard it for the past 6 years with another Dolphins QB who was just traded.

Some of those teams Tannehill QB's had some weaknesses as big the running lanes the Cowboys had today. OL, the time we decided to draft and sign like 11 d-lineman while starting UDFA's at LB most of the season, etc. But still, most of the NFL thinks we're tanking. Most of the posters here think we're tanking. There is not a position grouping on this team that couldn't be considered below average after jettisoning a ton of talent and then making several more high profile trades AFTER preseason had concluded and so it's entirely justified to say the QB will be affected.

And heck, I don't feel its unjustified to say after all the time Tannehill wasn't dealt a bad rap with the team around him as a whole. But the thing with Tannehill was that he never possessed a feel for the game at the QB position and that was clearly evident in his career. Tannehill's arm has gotten so talented at this point that I don't foresee it being impossible for him to have success on a team that can minimize his weaknesses somehow, but Rosen possesses a feel for the game and for moving in the pocket that Tannehill never will.

Prior to this game, I felt that we should spend the 2020 offseason on building a competent team around Rosen, and if he fails next season, then take a QB in 2021. This game confirmed that feeling
I believe we take a QB this draft.,... I just don't think it's going to be the guy most people seem to want, with the#1 pick. I think Rosen gets two seasons... gotta build the o line anyway.

The reason Rosen is not seen as a quality NFL QB is because he has been forced to play with inept offensive teams in Arizona and Miami. To me he is the best QB selected in the 2018 draft and the Dolphins brass would be idiots if they don’t build this team around him.

They need to upgrade the OL, WR’s and RB,s as well as the defense with all the draft picks they have the next two years. IMO, they don’t need to select their QB of the future in the draft because he is already on the Dolphins roster.

It’s really not fair to Rosen. I think that he will get better during the season. But the players around him are practice squad at best.

You're going to put the 6 points on Rosen? What about the rest of the offensive players?
Seems like you’re in the same boat with Rosen. You’re ride or die with him. I guess we’ll have another 13 games to see if he can manage more than 6 points.

Are you actually reading my posts? I am in nobody's boat. I wanted for him to have a chance. He gets that chance. He did well in his starting debut. Now he has to improve.

My boat is the Miami Dolphins. If Rosen shows enough to be the long term answer he'll get a chance next year. If he is successful next year he is our franchise QB.
If he is not successful next year we draft a QB in 2021.
If he craps out this year we draft a QB next offseason.

It is not that hard to understand. You (and others) don't even give the guy a chance. Based on your posts and what others say there is nothing Rosen could do to change your minds. That is a pitiful and despicable attitude to have.
Like I said in the other thread: you (and others) are like nyjunc with Sanchez. You guys have a very unhealthy infatuation with Tua.

If you can’t look at Rosen and see the arm, accuracy, footwork, pocket awareness etc that he has then football is too big for you. Is he the answer? Maybe not. But thinking that a rookie QB could do any better than what he has, with what he has to work with is a mistake. Rosen will be a star in this league. I didn’t think that before but after today I fully believe it. Give him average lineman and average receivers/rbs he would shine.

Watch Rosen leave and NE picks him up. We would be ****ed for 17 years!

Watch Rosen leave and NE picks him up. We would be ****ed for 17 years!

The feel he has for the game I think Rosen could have success with a lot of teams. But the QB position and the opportunities a guy gets are so based on perception. Teams are always fixed on drafting the next young QB, regardless of if that guy is EJ Manuel. And teams get so obsessed with the idea of franchise QB or bust that they don't even invest in backup QB's all that often since they just assume they won't complete if their guy isn't in there anyway. If Rosen doesn't prove he's a starting QB here he may not get another chance, and that's why I hate the whole situation we placed him in.

Are you actually reading my posts? I am in nobody's boat. I wanted for him to have a chance. He gets that chance. He did well in his starting debut. Now he has to improve.

My boat is the Miami Dolphins. If Rosen shows enough to be the long term answer he'll get a chance next year. If he is successful next year he is our franchise QB.
If he is not successful next year we draft a QB in 2021.
If he craps out this year we draft a QB next offseason.

It is not that hard to understand. You (and others) don't even give the guy a chance. Based on your posts and what others say there is nothing Rosen could do to change your minds. That is a pitiful and despicable attitude to have.
Like I said in the other thread: you (and others) are like nyjunc with Sanchez. You guys have a very unhealthy infatuation with Tua.

It’s not Tua. It’s elite QB play. If Jordan Love was the premier QB in the class, he’s who I’d be clamoring for. You and I are in the same boat. We want the Dolphins to return to their former glory. The difference is you seem to think Rosen can play at an elite level and I do not. That may or may not be his fault, but it doesn’t matter. 6 points speaks for itself. Let’s see if he improves throughout the season. However, he’ll have to improve exponentially, at a rate never seen in the NFL before, to justify passing on Tua.

Back
Top Bottom