Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer

I watched the game with a Cowboys buddy of mine, he was very impressed with Rosen and impressed with Williams despite the drops. He was also impressed with the Dolphins effort, particularly in the first half.

Another top 10 team next week when we play the Chargers, after the bye I expect the team to be far more competitive despite the clear lack of talent.

The grand total of 6 points won everyone over? Cool. Dolphin fans have such a low bar for success, it’s disturbing.

Terrible post. Rosen can’t block for himself OR catch his own passes

Maybe..But he's the GM...So????

If Tua is smart he'll stay away from the team with 1000x picks and more FA money than anyone?

Wow...yeah! Sure

NFL players are far more impressed by actually having a good team than draft picks or FA.

I watched the game with a Cowboys buddy of mine, he was very impressed with Rosen and impressed with Williams despite the drops. He was also impressed with the Dolphins effort, particularly in the first half.

Another top 10 team next week when we play the Chargers, after the bye I expect the team to be far more competitive despite the clear lack of talent.
If the game had ended in the first half it would have been a plus but we play two halves.

I believe we take a QB this draft.,... I just don't think it's going to be the guy most people seem to want, with the#1 pick. I think Rosen gets two seasons... gotta build the o line anyway.

I think they'll draft a QB as well, but not in the first round unless maybe with the Texans pick.

If the game had ended in the half in would have been a plus but we play two halves.
I agree, but had we gone in with the lead the team might have looked different in the 2nd half. I get that they're pros, but they're young pros and it must be disheartening to leave 6-10 points on the field.

went over the game for a bit. He looked good and did a lot of things you expect a franchise QB to do. The drops by drake, Williams and Parker were effing brutal. The second half was tough as I feel the cowboys came out much more focused and aggressive and overcame our lack of talent. My big thing is seeing Rosen sustain this type of performance, the results and plays will start to be made he just needs to make those throws. I was also happy to see him communicating with the players, seems like he is embracing the leadership position.

Overall I give it a B. Hope he can keep it up

I agree, but had we gone in with the lead the team might have looked different in the 2nd half. I get that they're pros, but they're young pros and it must be disheartening to leave 6-10 points on the field.

It would have been a vastly different game. The offense ended the half with Drake fumbling inside the five. They didn't get the ball back until it was 17-6 and one drive later it was 24-6. Once the defense knew the offense was gonna have to pass nearly every play behind this awful line we had no chance. Most plays were done before they started.

Can't agree with the OP. If we're in position to take one of the Top Qbs I think we have to pull the trigger. Even if Rosen does well with our track record at Qb I can't take that chance. We have to make sure we get this right .Worst case scenario we have a valuable bargaining chip.

I am certainly not offended that you disagree with me. I certainly understand your reason for wanting to draft a top QB. In fact I felt that way in every draft since Marino retired. I happen to think Rosen could be a quality starter if he had decent talent around him.

I just think that they have so many issues on this team and so many below average players, it is going to take 4-5 years and a better GM before this team is looking at being anything more than mediocre. Personally I would rather see them upgrade the OL, the defense and sign or draft receivers who can catch the ball with all the draft picks and cap money they have.

If Rosen doesn’t show in 2020 he is the long term answer when hopefully he has better talent around him, they can always draft a QB in 2021.

Terrible post. Rosen can’t block for himself OR catch his own passes

Neither could Tannehill, but it didn’t stop you all from running him out of town. Stick with Rosen and it’ll be the same story in a few seasons, except we’d have missed our chance at an elite QB in the process.

Luckily, it doesn’t matter what we all want. Grier seems pretty set on Tua.

Neither could Tannehill, but it didn’t stop you all from running him out of town. Stick with Rosen and it’ll be the same story in a few seasons, except we’d have missed our chance at an elite QB in the process.

Luckily, it doesn’t matter what we all want. Grier seems pretty set on Tua.

Dumb post, Thill had ZERO pocket presence and he had seven years here and I didn’t run him out of town

Maybe..But he's the GM...So????

If Tua is smart he'll stay away from the team with 1000x picks and more FA money than anyone?

Wow...yeah! Sure
If the Dolphins had a GM with a record of selecting quality talent and spending cap money wisely, perhaps Tua shouldn’t mind coming to Miami. Unfortunately Grier just doesn’t have a record which shows he knows a lot about selecting quality talent.

It doesn’t matter how many picks they have or how much money. It all comes down to the people picking the players and spending the money and Grier’s track record in these areas is poor. After 20 years with the organization he shares in the blame for the mess the Dolphins are today.

The fact Tua’s parents were heavily involved in the decisions he and his brother have made in football, it might come down to his parents deciding if he will
decide to enter the draft in 2020 instead of 2021.

Back
Top Bottom