Rosenhaus says Fins will go for Rivers in Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosenhaus says Fins will go for Rivers in Draft

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just said it on Channel 7. That Marino would probably pick Rivers b/c he likes the production of Rivers even though Losman looks like the better prospect and looked better in practice

Rosenhaus says a lot of things. Last year he said the Phins wanted Taylor Jacobs real bad. He was never even on our radar screen.

This sucks.. Hopefully Miami sees someone else they really like and are using Phillip Rivers as a smoke screen.. If not, now other teams that love Phillip know who they need to jump to get him..

I have a feeling Philllip Rivers won't be a Dolphin

Losman is more gifted physically, but i hear he has trouble reading D's, and still needs to adjust to an NFL offense (Tulane has a shotgun offense). Rivers has all the intangibles, but is less gifted physically then Losman.

what gave it away drew? the 50 interviews miami gave Rivers? come on...

Rosenhaus didn't even say it like that, you took that the wrong way.

Drew said Losman is more of a prospect, with Rivers more productive. IF MIAMI EVEN TAKES A QB, and it were up to Marino, he thinks he'd go with a more productive Rivers.

Don't put much stock into what Rosenhause says though.

"Expect to see Ike Hilliard signed by Tuesday. Washington is Miami's only competition and that won't change."

Hilliard re-signed with the Giants that week. :down:

Last edited by a moderator:
From the way he said it, it didnt sound like he was giving an inside scoop - just a personal opinion of what he thinks from talking to people. If this were an inside scoop, i would be worried and would think the Fins intentionally leaked it to deter other teams. Remember guys, the word around is that the Fins interviwed this guy a few times - you are not going to pick a guy to interview if you arent interested.

I'm hoping, since I now like Rivers more than Losman, that the Phins will use the combine to spend a bunch of time with JP Losman. If you're gonna invest the #20 pick in the draft in a guy no doubt you wanna get to know him and that means interviewing him for a long time at the Senior Bowl when there's no time limits on the interview. But if we start lavishing Losman at the combine, thats gonna be the fresher one in everyone's mind. Miami could just subtly giving out a few clues that the attention we paid to Rivers at the Senior Bowl was smoke screen so that we can get Losman.

Miami will go for a RB in rd 1. ;)

The worst thing any team can do is "show their hand". I wonder if Rivers is one of his clients.

We have to look at what the Fins do before the draft to get a better indication of what they will do in the draft. If they sign Brunell, their is a chance that they might hold off drafting a QB till the 3rd round. If the Fins havent signed a QB by the draft, it will be almost a sure thing they will draft a QB with the 1st pick and if they pick someone it would be Rivers since he would be the most ready QB available.

What else did Drew say??

Mandich said last week that he's been on other sets. And even on those sets (at other stations), they're tuning into Drew's Views.

Just passing that along.

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
Just said it on Channel 7. That Marino would probably pick Rivers b/c he likes the production of Rivers even though Losman looks like the better prospect and looked better in practice

Marino is not in charge of things like that.

Oliver...

I think some of you are off base with the worry that peopel will "steal" Rivers from us. Teams have their own needs to address and will not forfeit a high #1 draft pick just to block Miami. They have their own needs and they are critical. When you evaluate who drafts ahead of us and who needs QB, it is very likely that both Rivers and Lossman will be there at #20. Take a team like Buffalo. They need so many things, do you think they would give up on one of those great WRs to just block Miami when they have Bledsoe? I think not.

When you really look at it, not many teams from 1-20 need QB. Look for Miami to take Rivers.

Relax and have a beer.

Back
Top Bottom