Rosen’s Slow Start | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen’s Slow Start

Alright dude, let's shut down the forum. We can't criticize any player because it's possible for the player to improve. We can't criticize any coach because they can all learn and get better, because if we do we're just doing so to crush everybody's optimism for said player or coach...

Are you going to ever contribute to the discussions at hand or is it just going to be a bunch of one-liners out of you that are equivalent to a toddler asking "Why?" over and over again?
You can. You can criticize players, coaches, whomever you wish but you have to accept that other people might have different opinions.

Alright dude, let's shut down the forum. We can't criticize any player because it's possible for the player to improve. We can't criticize any coach because they can all learn and get better, because if we do we're just doing so to crush everybody's optimism for said player or coach...

Are you going to ever contribute to the discussions at hand or is it just going to be a bunch of one-liners out of you that are equivalent to a toddler asking "Why?" over and over again?

:shrug:

Maybe one day I can be as cool as you.

You can. You can criticize players, coaches, whomever you wish but you have to accept that other people might have different opinions.

Again I think you're missing the point. Kamelion was specifically accused of trying to stamp out anyone else's optimism and trying to force his opinion on people.

From what I saw, he disagreed about Rosen and explained why. I think you've got the wrong person when it comes to accepting that other people might have a different opinion.

NFL Draft:2018 / Round: 1 / Pick: 10 = potential to be elite

I'm willing to take a long look

2021 NFL draft - lose for Lawrence bandwagon driver

Again I think you're missing the point. Kamelion was specifically accused of trying to stamp out anyone else's optimism and trying to force his opinion on people.

From what I saw, he disagreed about Rosen and explained why. I think you've got the wrong person when it comes to accepting that other people might have a different opinion.

He certainly likes to argue against points no one is making

I think you've got the wrong person when it comes to accepting that other people might have a different opinion.
I wasn’t trying to “get” somebody, I was merely replying to his post that you can’t criticize players on this board.

Also, he did say this and if that’s not dismissing anyone’s opinion I don’t know what is.
You're discussing Rosen. I talk about what Rosen has been up to this point. You come back with "omg players can get better!" Thanks, I didn't know that, but to use it in your argument for Rosen is you sitting there sipping on your glass half full drink with rose colored glasses on.

I wasn’t trying to “get” somebody, I was merely replying to his post that you can’t criticize players on this board.

Also, he did say this and if that’s not dismissing anyone’s opinion I don’t know what is.
I guess we can ignore context.

He said this, "Literally no one has said that. There's no point in discussion with you if you're going to tell others what they're saying instead of listening (reading)."

I was summarizing, not destroying his opinion.

But I guess we can keep attacking the poster instead of the topic because you know... that's always super fun and productive.

Rosen has been coming on and is very close to passing Fitz and we haven't even played a pre season game yet. I've been telling people that imo we're giving up on Rosen too fast. Tomorrow will be an interesting game. Can't wait to see our rookie guards on the oline. If they can't pass block maybe Fitz should start. We don't need to get the kid beat up.

Rosen has been coming on and is very close to passing Fitz and we haven't even played a pre season game yet. I've been telling people that imo we're giving up on Rosen too fast. Tomorrow will be an interesting game. Can't wait to see our rookie guards on the oline. If they can't pass block maybe Fitz should start. We don't need to get the kid beat up.
I'm not sure Fitz would appreciate your lack of concern for and old man (by NFL standards).......lol

Reactions: BSQ
My positions on this competition are, and have been, that:

1) I'm pretty sure the coaches have made up their minds because while people on the outside may see the first week of training camp as being "early" they look at it as more like the halfway point within the context of an entire off-season of learning, classroom work, workouts, OTAs, Mini Camp, etc. The body language coming out of them on this thing was strong.

2) Conversely, Ryan Fitzpatrick is NOT some herculean figure that Josh Rosen should not be expected to beat in camp. He's old, doesn't have fresh legs or a fresh arm, isn't all that talented to begin with, and his 14 years in the NFL would be appropriately characterized as sub-mediocre for a starter. You'd never have ranked this guy in the Top 15 at his position even in his prime.

Now, it could very well be I've misread the body language coming out of the coaching staff and Rosen is very much in this thing, maybe even about to overtake Fitzpatrick. If that's the case I'll gladly admit it. But I'm pretty solid on the second point, and we've seen that play out. For every practice Fitzpatrick has had where he drew raves, he's had some stinkers in there as well. I believe a true elite franchise level QB, even in only his second year, should be able to crush him.

I believe a true elite franchise level QB, even in only his second year, should be able to crush him.

Ofcourse that makes pristine sense.

But it is 14 years of experience we're talking about here, 8 different systems/teams. That does not not count for something. After 14 years and 8 teams, I'd lay money down that Fitz could probably run practices better than most coaches on our team.

But it is 14 years of experience we're talking about here, 8 different systems/teams (Theres an echo in here). What more do you need to see out of the old man? If our coaches are sitting around in meetings going, "Yah know, with a lot of elbow grease and a little luck, Fitz could really take us to the next level", needless to say, we're in a world of hurt.

What does it matter what Fitz can do in practice or preseason or even in the regular season? He has no future here.

And what does it matter what Rosen can't do in practice or preseason. He's the only one with a possible future here.

Did you ever have a teacher in school that started you off with an A and then told you it was up to you to keep it an A? That is how I believe this situation should've been handled. "Psst. Rosen. Keep it on the DL but all you have to do is not look like a complete f@cking @$$hole in practice/preseason and the job is yours."

We had an offseason of moves that all neon signs point to HEY, WE'RE WORKIN MAINLY ON THE FUTURE OVA HERE so much so that we've been accused of tanking.

Think about that for a sec. We operated so thoroughly on setting up for 2020, did it so proficiently that tanking became part of the vernacular .

But in true Miami form, we are going to act for the betterment of tomorrow in contracts, cap space, draft picks, front office, coaching staff everywhere and anywhere EXCEPT.... the most important position in football. Thats Dolphins classic right there, baby.

Question: Say Fitz actually keeps us competitive enough to stay in contention late for a playoff berth and we never get to see Rosen, CK. If there are takers, are you still moving up in 2020 for one of the top QB prospects?

These days, most starting QB's are into their 30's. It often takes that long to become good/elite. So don't be so quick to give up on Rosen if he isn't clearly a "franchise" QB this season.

If the rest of the roster and/or the coaches stink a "franchise" QB isn't going to get you where you want to go. Look at Green Bay as an example.

Me? I just as soon we have a poor record, trade down to teams looking for a QB, continue to draft skill players and then rebuild the OL trenches in FA......and draft Trevor Lawrence the following year. Maybe by then all the teams that suck, and are drafting high, will have already picked a QB and it won't cost us so much to trade up if necessary.

This forum is literally teeming with people pretending like Rosen has a chance to be elite, not that he is elite right now.

HI THERE!

ON PLANETS ASIDE FROM YOUR HOMEWORLD OF AWFULNESS, WE’RE REALLY JUST TEEMING WITH HOPE.

IF YOU CAN HEAR ME THROUGH YOUR IMAGINARY BARRIER OF “PEOPLE PRETENDING THINGS,” PLEASE SIGNAL FOR HELP. THE REST OF OUR PLANET ISN’T AS STUPID AS YOU SEEM TO THINK IT IS.

Oh. Hi.

Sarcasm aside? It isn’t that you criticize the players.

It’s that you criticize the posters for having opinions contrary to yours. Maybe try civility.

HI THERE!

ON PLANETS ASIDE FROM YOUR HOMEWORLD OF AWFULNESS, WE’RE REALLY JUST TEEMING WITH HOPE.

IF YOU CAN HEAR ME THROUGH YOUR IMAGINARY BARRIER OF “PEOPLE PRETENDING THINGS,” PLEASE SIGNAL FOR HELP. THE REST OF OUR PLANET ISN’T AS STUPID AS YOU SEEM TO THINK IT IS.
"Imaginary barrier of people pretending things"...

We have literally had a thread created in the last couple weeks titled "We have the best quarterback situation in the league" and it was not satire, but thanks for letting me know people aren't saying the things they actually are.

If you're going to be this make-believe forum lifeguard sitting in your shaded high-chair blowing your whistle and calling foul when people make proclamations that you believe aren't true, at least have the common courtesy to be right.

Back
Top Bottom