Ross: Build From Scratch, Don’t Try To Remodel A Pile Of… | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross: Build From Scratch, Don’t Try To Remodel A Pile Of…

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
ross.jpg

Steven Ross made the mistake of trying to retool instead of rebuilding when he hired Gase

The Dolphins 2018 Season has effectively ended with the heartbreaking loss to the Colts. And when Playoffs hopes are officially laid to rest in a few weeks, the whole Adam Gase and Mike Tannenbaum regime must cease as well.

From soup to nuts, Steven Ross needs to clean house, hire a GM who knows football and then stay away from all football-related decisions. I repeat, STAY AWAY.

https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-ross-build-from-scratch-dont-try-to-remodel-a-pile-of/

ross.jpg

Steven Ross made the mistake of trying to retool instead of rebuilding when he hired Gase

The Dolphins 2018 Season has effectively ended with the heartbreaking loss to the Colts. And when Playoffs hopes are officially laid to rest in a few weeks, the whole Adam Gase and Mike Tannenbaum regime must cease as well.

From soup to nuts, Steven Ross needs to clean house, hire a GM who knows football and then stay away from all football-related decisions. I repeat, STAY AWAY.

https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-ross-build-from-scratch-dont-try-to-remodel-a-pile-of/
[/QUOTE]

One more guy meeting a deadline. Everyone on earth knows that's fictional. Might as well build a case to ban electricity. One's as likely as the other

I agree but Ross won't clean house and by clean house I mean t-baum, Grier and Gase all need to go. If he gets rid of one but leaves the other two then nothing will change

Tannenbaum, Grier, Gase, the coaching staff (except Rizzi), strength & conditioning coach, trainers, and Tannehill all should lose their jobs. From there, we need to identify a qb in one of the next two drafts and move up and get him no matter the cost. Once you have a good QB on a rookie deal, you have a short super bowl window IF you can build up the defense.

Rizzi needs to be given a serious interview. He must have some interesting opinions about the team’s culture over the years. At the very least, it would be a chance for Ross to learn something.

I actually disagree. Yes, changes are definitely needed. Yes, Gase has made mistakes. But, this isn't a playoff team based on talent either. Changes should be made, but not wholesale changes. Not yet anyway.

I'd give Gase one more year with the ultimatum that he needs to find a new defensive coordinator, someone who has experience and has been successful. Grier's track record is actually pretty good. Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Godchaux, Taylor, Fitzpatrick and Baker were all brought in during his regime.

Give Gase one more year and if he can't get it done, then it's time to go. I honestly don't understand why Grier would be on the hot seat.

I actually disagree. Yes, changes are definitely needed. Yes, Gase has made mistakes. But, this isn't a playoff team based on talent either. Changes should be made, but not wholesale changes. Not yet anyway.

I'd give Gase one more year with the ultimatum that he needs to find a new defensive coordinator, someone who has experience and has been successful. Grier's track record is actually pretty good. Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Godchaux, Taylor, Fitzpatrick and Baker were all brought in during his regime.

Give Gase one more year and if he can't get it done, then it's time to go. I honestly don't understand why Grier would be on the hot seat.
That’s kind of the problem. We don’t know with absolute certainty who is in charge of what. There is no point in giving this regime another year because they have already failed. We need to draft another qb. Next year may not be great either. If we draft a qb and keep Gase, we might as well extend him. I’m not comfortable with that.

Tannenbaum, Grier, Gase, the coaching staff (except Rizzi), strength & conditioning coach, trainers, and Tannehill all should lose their jobs. From there, we need to identify a qb in one of the next two drafts and move up and get him no matter the cost. Once you have a good QB on a rookie deal, you have a short super bowl window IF you can build up the defense.

This!

Yup its clearly been the model since Russell Wilson, but to be honest he's the only guy that has won the damn thing and he had so much help its not even funny.

I guess you can say Philly was successful with this model (they still had 12 million dedicated to their QBs) as you can never predict injuries and credit to them for having a quality back up in place.

Good luck with that. It’s pretty difficult to land a great coordinator hire when your head coach’s seat is red hot. You look at year 4 for Sparano and Philbin, Sparano hired Brian Daboll in 2011 to replace Henning, in 2 years running the Browns offense they were 32nd in yards and 29th in points Year 1 and then 29th in yards and 31st in points. We needed a new OC and that’s the best we could do lmao. Didn’t we try to hire Rex Ryan going into Philbin’s 4th year? Kevin Coyle was on the hot seat but there was no one out there better that was willing to come here.

Back
Top Bottom