Ross" "I Have No QB Plans. It Will Be Up To The New Coach." | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross" "I Have No QB Plans. It Will Be Up To The New Coach."

I doubt the new coach replaces Tua on arrival, its basically a free year for the coach... A fail in the first season becomes "Ok I tried with your guy, now let me use those 2 1st round picks to go get mine." Fresh start. You might see some type of flyer go give Tua competition though, a bit like the Rosen move.
This is exactly how I feel. Tua will get one year to prove to the new HC he is the long term answer at QB or the HC will be given the freedom to bring in his own QB If he wants to move on from Tua.

Ross does a nice job of being diplomatic and keeping his nose out of things within the public eye, but he knows exactly what direction he wants to go in.

No, Grier is a good guy who just does what his coach wants. He gets no credit nor blame. He is not in charge. The coach is in charge, he will decide everything.
But wait.
Grier was kept because he also did a good job improving the roster over the last three years. according to Ross.

Higher ups. They only get the credit and are blameless.
Being a good guy, sign me up for that job. Grier needs to step his game up and not worry about being liked. He needs to make good player personnel decisions in the draft and free agency. It looks like Grier did well in this year's draft but taking the clock back the previous years, ummm not so well.

If we want Tua to be the QB, we only need to look at what our previous QB is doing and copy that.

Keep the defense where it is and get a power running game and allow Tua to make high percentage throws.

People forget Tom Brady used this for his first 5 years or so, he didn't become a surgeon at QB for a few years. His early teams were very run heavy and defensive minded. That's what Tua needs, hes so accurate with a power running game he could get the job done.

And an incredibly weak year to try and replace a QB. Even as a huge Tua critic, he'd be my #1 QB in this draft by miles.
Tua is only replaced by Rodgers, Wilson of Watson. No one else moves the needle.

If I had to put a guess on it Tua 90% chance to come back, 5% Russel Wilson, 4% Watson, 1% Rodgers.

Back
Top Bottom