Ross Is At It Again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross Is At It Again

Agua

Fighting the media, one lie at a time
Reaction score
We keep hearing that owner Stephen Ross really, really likes Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa and that getting a high 2020 draft pick is the priority. There is also Dolphins admiration for Oregon’s Justin Herbert, another option high in the 2020 draft. If Miami doesn’t emerge from the 2020 draft with either of those quarterbacks, it will be considered a disappointment.

That’s why Miami is thoroughly prepared to field a product that is below the mediocre quality the Dolphins have served up in recent years.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article224977825.html#storylink=cpy

He's already identified who we should draft. Now Ross is a college talent evaluator.

The QB play has not been good enough and even Steven Ross knows that.

He just watched Mahomes, Mayfield, Watson, Goff and other turn around the fortunes of their franchise.

The fact that he has his eye on what looks to be the next good QB class is encouraging.

And if it sneakily means he wants to throw the dogs off the 2019 class and take a Kyler Murray . . . . That will work as well.

Ross is tired of being medicore. Only team to go 6-10 through 10-6 over the last decade . . . . His team is in NFL purgatory.

I like Tua, Herbert and Fromm, but they are far from can't miss QB's. Will they be considered top QB prospects? Sure, but that doesn't mean they mean guaranteed success. I'm all for building the lines, and a legit back 7, but I'm not a fan of the FO purposely trying to tank by not signing players that fit what this team needs.

If Trey Flowers, Frank Clark, Dee Ford etc show signs of wanting to play here and don't want stupid money, then I don't see why we would pass on them in order to lose for a 2020 pick. Especially if Flores wants to sign one of them, but is told no cause the owner wants the team to suck next year.
Signing an edge rusher that's 25-27 years old can provide short and long term(4-5 years) of good play.

I get not wanting to blow a lot of money on a player that will plug 1 hole, out of 10 in the ship, but there are some free agents that could be long term solutions as well.

If I'm Ross I tell them take a QB first round every year until one hits. It's basically what the Browns did and it finally panned out.

Herbert needs to show he's got it between the ears in 2019 there's definitely some flags there

that tua steve young comp floating I think is a very good one. although I think steve young thought run a little more. might be that tua just hasn't had the need to use his legs all that much yet. he gets the ball out well and timely. consistency of ball placement down the field is unreal

Sooner or later every team will have its franchise qb or what they believe will be their franchise qb .ill bet 4 go this year in the first round. Then we strike next year when most teams are good in that position.

I'll believe we're not in the mix to possibly draft a QB this year (high) when the draft is over. All this tank talk, wait til 2020 for QB could all be smokescreen. If I'm not mistaken, last year all the "insiders" and "sources" and media were all reporting the Dolphins would take a QB in the draft only to see the opposite actually happen. Why would the Dolphins be leaking their plans now? What do they have to gain by announcing they are tanking other than piss off an already pissed off fan base and negatively impact ticket sales? I absolutely believe they plan to cut ties to high priced older vets and bad contracts and will try to rebuild with young talent and the draft but this reported tank job with only eyes on the 2020 draft for a QB, I just don't buy.

Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom