Ross Is Finally Doing The Right Thing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross Is Finally Doing The Right Thing

NJ Dolphan

Rookie
Reaction score
I don’t mean it as a hot take, but eventually tanking is the best option, especially when there appears to be a bumper crop of QBs coming out in the next few years. The worst thing you can have is a zombie franchise that is consistently mediocre. Flores seems like the perfectly disposable head coach when someone like Harbaugh becomes available. The only thing we have to hope for is that the infrastructure is in place that the team can hit the ground running when we get our QB. Whatever the case, no more Tannehills, Hennes or Becks.

Oh, we are going to tank for sure. I just hope they know when to bring it to a stop and fire Flores.

The right thing would be to sell the ****ing team. I don't have an issue with him personally. He's a more than willing owner, and has proven that. But football is NOT for everyone.

He hasn’t been Leon Hess hiring Rich Kotite. Much of what the team has done since he got here was logical at the time, and despite the terrible optics, he was obviously right in trying to get Harbaugh to come here.

People talk about what makes a good owner, but especially in football where there’s a hard salary cap, the owners who are perceived to be good are really more lucky than anything else.

I’ve been as frustrated with the team as anyone else. But I’ll give Ross credit for doing what needed to be done, which is not an easy thing to come to grips with if you have as much invested in a team (literally) as a typical NFL owner does.

The only thing I guess I don’t get is why take a chance with a coach who is a bit of an unknown quantity that might manage to pull off more wins than expected. Maybe you just can’t make it too obvious and hire someone who’s really out of his depth like Loggains.

If this is to tank shame on him. There is enough to build on now. You can take this roster and dump 100M in cap space right away plus June 1 exemptions so there is no reason with the right hire we can’t improve 3 games because those raking in the 100M are garbage, done or NOT worth their contract.

Sitton 6 mil
Amendola 6 mil
Stills 8 mil
Branch 9 Mill
Wake 9 mil
James 9 mil
Alonzo 10 mil
Quinn 12 mil
Jones 14 mil
TANNEHILL 23 mil

Greir was part of the 3 headed monster who got us to this point now he is hiring his buddy?

Flores, just google interviews or lectures with this guy, not a good communicator, doesn’t look you in the eye, definition of leadership is to be quit and stay in the back and he can’t complete a sentence without saying umm.

Rishard at least has 4 years in a DC capacity with top 6 defense (with 2 different teams) for 3 of those years and one year with quality players injured or FA losses was 13th.

Ross is a baffoon and handed the keys to the Mercedes to his 16 year old kid. It just keeps getting worse. Hey every dog has its day but there has to be some potential and I don’t see any upside to this guy at all. I hope the speculation is wrong and we get the right guy. But we won’t. This image shift Ross is undertaking (that’s exactly what it is) is robing the fans of hope.

If this is to tank shame on him. There is enough to build on now. You can take this roster and dump 100M in cap space right away plus June 1 exemptions so there is no reason with the right hire we can’t improve 3 games because those raking in the 100M are garbage, done or NOT worth their contract.

Sitton 6 mil
Amendola 6 mil
Stills 8 mil
Branch 9 Mill
Wake 9 mil
James 9 mil
Alonzo 10 mil
Quinn 12 mil
Jones 14 mil
TANNEHILL 23 mil

Greir was part of the 3 headed monster who got us to this point now he is hiring his buddy?

Flores, just google interviews or lectures with this guy, not a good communicator, doesn’t look you in the eye, definition of leadership is to be quit and stay in the back and he can’t complete a sentence without saying umm.

Rishard at least has 4 years in a DC capacity with top 6 defense (with 2 different teams) for 3 of those years and one year with quality players injured or FA losses was 13th.

Ross is a baffoon and handed the keys to the Mercedes to his 16 year old kid. It just keeps getting worse. Hey every dog has its day but there has to be some potential and I don’t see any upside to this guy at all. I hope the speculation is wrong and we get the right guy. But we won’t. This image shift Ross is undertaking (that’s exactly what it is) is robing the fans of hope.

My friend, you are absolutely delusional if you think any combination of moves that can plausibly be made this offseason puts this team in the playoffs next year, which is what 3 extra wins would result in. It’s exactly that kind of thinking that has kept the team in neutral.

My friend, you are absolutely delusional if you think any combination of moves that can plausibly be made this offseason puts this team in the playoffs next year, which is what 3 extra wins would result in. It’s exactly that kind of thinking that has kept the team in neutral.
Oh I’m sorry you’re right, I acquiesce.

I don’t mean it as a hot take, but eventually tanking is the best option, especially when there appears to be a bumper crop of QBs coming out in the next few years. The worst thing you can have is a zombie franchise that is consistently mediocre. Flores seems like the perfectly disposable head coach when someone like Harbaugh becomes available. The only thing we have to hope for is that the infrastructure is in place that the team can hit the ground running when we get our QB. Whatever the case, no more Tannehills, Hennes or Becks.
What makes you think that Ross wants to tank?

What makes you think that Ross wants to tank?

We won’t know until we know, but everything is pointing in that direction. Ross saying the team needs a new approach (what else could that possibly be). Not committing to Tannehill when there is no one nearly as good as him waiting in the wings, which is probably the reason Gase pulled a George Constanta in getting himself fired. And now, hiring a head coach with very little actual coaching experience at any level who appears to be the type that can be easily controlled and replaced when necessary. A team that’s interested in winning now, at least attempts to talk to guys like McCarthy, Arians or really goes for the shiny toy like Kingsbury. That they even interviewed Gase’s waterboy, also known as his offensive coordinator tells you what you need to know about how much they are not planning on competing next hear.

We won’t know until we know, but everything is pointing in that direction. Ross saying the team needs a new approach (what else could that possibly be). Not committing to Tannehill when there is no one nearly as good as him waiting in the wings, which is probably the reason Gase pulled a George Constanta in getting himself fired. And now, hiring a head coach with very little actual coaching experience at any level who appears to be the type that can be easily controlled and replaced when necessary. A team that’s interested in winning now, at least attempts to talk to guys like McCarthy, Arians or really goes for the shiny toy like Kingsbury. That they even interviewed Gase’s waterboy, also known as his offensive coordinator tells you what you need to know about how much they are not planning on competing next hear.
The new approach could mean that Ross wants to stop plugging holes with older, veteran players here and there, and build the team through the draft. The Packers used to do it regularly. From his own statements at the presser, this is how I understood it.
You do need good coaches to bring young players in and teach them up to NFL play. This is why it'll take some time. Like he said, maybe a few years. Ross wants consistent year after year winning seasons. Getting the Kilgore's, Sittons and Gore's, is not the long term approach.

So far, some of you are getting mad over "speculations" about hiring Flores. Did you hear anything from Ross? Grier?

And also, why the hate for Flores? What if you bipolar fans are wrong about him???

I sure hope so...but its not that I’m saying he’s not a good coach...I just don’t think his resume indicates he is ready yet...he hasn’t even officially been a coordinator yet he’s so green....that’s less accomplished than any Head Coach we’ve ever had!

I can at least say Richard was DC for 3 years in Seattle... had the number one defense and the “legion of boom”....was defacto DC in Dallas now and a defense that’s showing well.

Flores is the linebacker coach...is in his first year calling the defense..on a defense that’s middle of the pack?

I don’t see it...unless you just assume he’s good because he’s the linebacker coach at New England?

Oh wait...Belicheks past coaching tree has not fared well in the NFL...even Nick Saban!

So yeah...I don’t like it!

Back
Top Bottom