Round 2 will be HUGE for us...so who do we grab | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 2 will be HUGE for us...so who do we grab

IMO i want to see either a CB/TE/ILB with pick 2A and 2B will be either of the other 2 and then in 3rd Round take a OG, and in 4th nab a qb

I think we need to fill the key posistions in this years draft, such as O-Line, D-Line, Back field, and Tight End.

While I agree we need a replacement for ZT, but doubt there is one we can get in the draft, and doubt there is one we can get in Free Agency. We have Jason Taylor whom was moved back to OLB, Joey Porter, and the newest addition Reggie Torbor. So our LB's are good right now, we could use another one, but as it is we have one of the best in the league... Wasn't Torbor the Super Bowl MVP?

I think we need to look at Brandon Flowers from VT, and Mike Jenkins from USF. If we do pick up a LB I think we should go after Ben Moffitt from USF, he was a NCAA leader on a sub par team...

I say lets build for the 09-10 season, and try not to jump the gun to make something happen now, because it will not work.

I would skip Linebacker this draft. I like Jason Taylor at OLB. We still have Pope and Kelvin Smith as backup MLB. Porter MAY move inside, playing next to Crowder. Torbor looks good.

Any thoughts on QB Colt Brennan in the 6th or 7th round?

I'd be happy with either Henne/Brohm or Connor at 32 unless both are taken. Beck is only in his 2nd year, yes, but he's also older than most of our younger players already. Give him some competition. I didn't really see much difference between Henne/Brohm/Ryan throughout college, except that Ryan became popular after Virginia Tech's defense fell apart. Connor would be an excellent replacement for Zach. Hard working. Good character. Smart football player. Bigger than Zach was also.

With the 32nd pick i hope they draft Cason..With the other pick in the 2nd i would address the guard position hopefully chilo, zutah or schuennenburg( i know i botched that spelling)..The offensive line would be set..Then we draft Carlson with the !st pick in the 3rd round.

I don't buy all the "must have a QB with #32" talk. We have our starting QB in Beck. If that doesn't work out then at least we tried, and then we go QB next year. Let Beck get some more work in before you all go throwing him overboard. If and if we draft a QB, I think it won't be until at least round 4, probably later. We have too many other holes in this team (mainly D) to fill before we draft another 2nd round QB.

With the 32nd pick i hope Connor is there we want a replacement for ZT and here he is, then take a DB with the next pick, Tight End in round three and then for Crowders replacement i think J Leman in the later rounds (maybe round 5) would be a huge improvement over Crowder, i really think Leman is a sleeper who could develop into a tackling machine. If he can't start then he adds some awesome depth to the middle linebacker position.

I do see us trading JT to somebody so if we can get another second or a late first round i think that would be great since he wants out. JT needs to go to a better team and we need to get younger so its a perfect fit for us.

With the 32nd pick i hope they draft Cason..With the other pick in the 2nd i would address the guard position hopefully chilo, zutah or schuennenburg( i know i botched that spelling)..The offensive line would be set..Then we draft Carlson with the !st pick in the 3rd round.

Id love to get cason as well. From what I've heard a lot of teams are high on him so he may not fall to us. But if he does it will be really hard to pass him up. Id like to address either CB or G with the first second-rounder though. I think we can get a WR a little bit later.

I don't buy all the "must have a QB with #32" talk. We have our starting QB in Beck. If that doesn't work out then at least we tried, and then we go QB next year. Let Beck get some more work in before you all go throwing him overboard. If and if we draft a QB, I think it won't be until at least round 4, probably later. We have too many other holes in this team (mainly D) to fill before we draft another 2nd round QB.

We have been "Trying" since Dan left. Who are you going to get next year? Easy to say but does not work that way. We have an opportunity to get someone in the mix this year. We have no idea where we will pick or what may be available next year. Can't afford to wait.

I think some of you guys need to chill out on this Curtis Lofton business. He's not a good fit for our defense, he's way too short for Parcell's liking. If Mayo falls, he is a much better fit, as is Erin Henderson and Beau Bell, who can be had a little later on.

I agree... :up:

Jake Long- CHECK...Oline is 4 out of 5 positions set for the next 8 years...Amazing

Our biggest needs I think everyone can agree on are...

On Offense, in order of need-
Offensive Guard-Quite simply, we dont have anyone outside of Drew Mormino
Tight End- David Martin is our #1 and he's as average as it gets, Justin Peele, a fan favorite, is a solid #2
Wide Reciever-Wilford is a solid pickup but hes a #2 and Ginn is still learning...Hagan drops way too many passes and outside of those guys, theres nothing
Offensive Tackle-Besides Carey and Long, we have no depth
Quarterback-Baker and Bramlett aren't making the team. Fins are drafting 3rd stringer/project guy.

On Defense, in order of need-
Cornerback-Outside of Will Allen and maybe Michael Lehan, there's nothing
Inside LB-We need to find ZTs replacement.
Outside LB-JT and Porter are getting old. We need depth for now. Curious to see what Quentin Moses can do.
Defensive Tackle-Outside of the aging Jason Ferguson, there's not much talent. Randy Starks might be a better DE, and Paul Solai is a work in progress but definitely has the size.
Defensive End- We have depth but no top level talent here. Holliday is underrated but getting old, Matt Roth is overrated and will eventually need to be replaced. Excited to see Rodrique Wright, and even Randy Starks to a lesser degree.
Safety-So many guys, but we could still use a ball hawking guy. But with EIGHT, yes I said EIGHT safeties on the roster, we should hopefully find two guys to play the safety positions. (J Allen and Y Bell? But an open competition with all these guys is the perfect thing) Renanldo Hill is consistent. Keith Davis is a liability in coverage but the hardest hitting safety on the roster. Interesting to see Travis Daniels at a change of position here.

So taking all this into consideration, my 2nd round picks are basically BPA in the draft (Staying away from Aqib Talib, tested positive for marijuana three times, I dont think hes a bad guy for that but its a huge risk)...
2A...Brandon Flowers/Antoine Cason/Curtis Lofton- One of these guys should be gone in the 1st round, hopefully not both of them..Deep CB draft that slowly falls off in the mid 2nd round so its now or never to find a starter. And Lofton's winning of Big 12 Defensive player of the year says it all for his case.
2B...Cliff Avril/Martellus Bennett/Mario Manningham(I know he failed drug test but I dont think it was multiple times, and this far down in the draft, hes worth the risk, it'd be a nice steal)

I DONT like the Chad Henne pick in the 2nd round... Solid college starter with a lot of experience but too inconsistent with his accuracy. And he had a lot of talent around him to flourish. With an Oline that can now hold a pure "pocket passer", why not go after a guy like Erik Ainge in the later rounds.. Big, tall QB with strong arm. Played at Tenn. coached by the same guy that coached Peyton Manning. and played against the best competition in college. Worst case, would make a good backup. Also, Kevin O'Connell from San Diego State is another big, tall QB who could be a sleeper. Doesn't hurt that he also runs a 4.6/40 at 6'5, 225 lb.

We picked up a free agent guard (Smiley).

Back
Top Bottom