Round 2 will be HUGE for us...so who do we grab | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 2 will be HUGE for us...so who do we grab

If they go QB at #32 that tells us they have no confidence in Beck. If that were the case then they should have gone Ryan. I wouldnt expect a QB until 2nd day if one at all this year.

I don't buy all the "must have a QB with #32" talk. We have our starting QB in Beck. If that doesn't work out then at least we tried, and then we go QB next year. Let Beck get some more work in before you all go throwing him overboard. If and if we draft a QB, I think it won't be until at least round 4, probably later. We have too many other holes in this team (mainly D) to fill before we draft another 2nd round QB.

I agree completely and I also agree with either Connor at LB or the best CB on the left on the board. It will make no sense to draft a QB with this pick after passing on Ryan in the first, not that I was advocating Ryan. That tells me that while the staff might not necessarily think that Beck is the guy, it also means that they don't know that he isn't the guy either. I believe that is why they brought in McKown, while he isn't a great QB he does have the ability to fall back on if needed. Heck he could end up as the starter.

I do think they will draft a QB in this draft, but it won't be untill the 3rd at the very earliest if Woodson drops there. Beyond that, it will be a real developmental guy later on. The only thing I'm sure of is they will pick up one and regardless of how much I like Henne, Flacco or Brohm it won't be one of them. Unless of course they fall.

Our biggest need was and still is QB. With trading JT away we will need to select Groves with pick 32, but also trade the picks we get from JT to move into a spot to get Henne or Brohm.

Or Flacco (he is the one they want)

If they go QB at #32 that tells us they have no confidence in Beck. If that were the case then they should have gone Ryan. I wouldnt expect a QB until 2nd day if one at all this year.

more like hedging your investment. i like beck and hope he succeeds, but it'd be foolish to assume he's going to succeed just because. while drafting a qb #1 overall that isnt a #1 overall type of qb(oh oh, here come the ryan-ites) is unwise, going qb at #32 is much less risky, especially if you feel strongly about a particular guy.

not expecting them to draft a qb at all is especially brilliant, since they have nobody behind beck and mccown.

1. Long
2a. Groves or Avril
2b. Best QB
2c. Best CB

2b JT will bring a 2nd rounder this year maybe a late pick next year...

3. Trade down or TE,LB, CB, OG take your freaking pick here (This is great spot)

Brandon Flowers/Connor/Lofton would all be great with our 2nd rounders

Trade JT....package a couple of our seconds and maybe our 3rd and get back in the 1st round and grab Rodgers-Cromartie!

Disagree a little with the OP

Nice post, but I would say that our needs line up more like this:
Offense:
- TE
- WR
- OL
- QB
- RB
Defense:
- DT
- ILB
- 3-4 DE
- CB
- OLB (unless we trade JT)
- S

While a mamouth DT is our biggest remaining need, I don't think the value will be good @ 32. Lots of TEs should be there later too. I think we will end up grabbing an ILB, WR, or Best Lineman Available (Off or Def).

Sparano is on record as being pleasantly surprised with our corner depth, although I really like Brandon Flowers a lot if he were still there.

I don't think we will take a QB in round 2, but maybe use a later pick on a developmental type project.

Lastly, we may be able to move down a little in round 2 if someone gets excited about a QB or whatever at that spot.

Trade JT....package a couple of our seconds and maybe our 3rd and get back in the 1st round and grab Rodgers-Cromartie!
Hell no. We have way to many holes to fill to trade all our picks away for one CB from a small school that some how became a top ten pick overnight. He looks promising, but not THAT promising.

...why not go after a guy like Erik Ainge in the later rounds.. Big, tall QB with strong arm. Played at Tenn. coached by the same guy that coached Peyton Manning. and played against the best competition in college.

i agree with most of what you said, but this part is incorrect unless you are talking about Fulmer, who doesn't work with the QBs much. Manning's QB coach was Sanders. he has been coaching Andre' Woodson at UK the past two seasons. also, Woodson went up against the same competition as Ainge and had better numbers the past two seasons.

I agree completely and I also agree with either Connor at LB or the best CB on the left on the board. It will make no sense to draft a QB with this pick after passing on Ryan in the first, not that I was advocating Ryan. That tells me that while the staff might not necessarily think that Beck is the guy, it also means that they don't know that he isn't the guy either. I believe that is why they brought in McKown, while he isn't a great QB he does have the ability to fall back on if needed. Heck he could end up as the starter.

I do think they will draft a QB in this draft, but it won't be until the 3rd at the very earliest if Woodson drops there. Beyond that, it will be a real developmental guy later on. The only thing I'm sure of is they will pick up one and regardless of how much I like Henne, Flacco or Brohm it won't be one of them. Unless of course they fall.

agree 100% Pick the best CB or LB left at 2a and draft a QB later, maybe Ainge.

While I'm not the biggest fan of grabbing a QB in the second round after taking Beck last year, we only have to be a little bit better at the position then Kellen Clemons and Trent Edwards. Achieving this seemingly easy task could open up much needed winning potential in the division!

Back
Top Bottom