Royals Agrees to Terms | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Royals Agrees to Terms

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins Will Offer Royals...but

Everyone knows that P MARK ROYALS was in camp today---punting and holding...for that matter...for WANN-STRONG.

It looks like this one is going to go down to the wire within the next day or so.....as Matt Turk is also contemplating both DOlphin and Jet offers...I heard.

The Dolphins like the fact that Royals can hold...his overall workout was enough for the DOLPHINS to start talking to his agent today.

It appears that the Dolphins want to end this thing...once and for all....before the draft.

Now....who is it going to be? TURK or ROYALS

Its amazing how TURK gets back to the Dolphins today....with ROYALS in..... we will see how this thing unfolds.

DCH

DCH...............

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
Everyone knows that P MARK ROYALS was in camp today---punting and holding...for that matter...for WANN-STRONG.

It looks like this one is going to go down to the wire within the next day or so.....as Matt Turk is also contemplating both DOlphin and Jet offers...I heard.

The Dolphins like the fact that Royals can hold...his overall workout was enough for the DOLPHINS to start talking to his agent today.

It appears that the Dolphins want to end this thing...once and for all....before the draft.

Now....who is it going to be? TURK or ROYALS

Its amazing how TURK gets back to the Dolphins today....with ROYALS in..... we will see how this thing unfolds.

Thanks for the great post and the update on our punting situation.

DCH
;)

Re: Dolphins Will Offer Royals...but

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

DCH

that for sure, but I still want Turk unless Royals is better which I doubt, except possibly as a holder. I just love it when we sign players from the Jets :evil:

speaking of which thank you Saints (again) for signing Grady from the Jets that will help our run game - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20020411/ap-saints-jackson.html

more on Punters

Dolphins | Punter Decison Friday? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
1:13 PT: Alex Marvez reports for the Sun Sentinel the Miami Dolphins are expected to make a decision on a punter Friday. Incumbent Matt Turk or free agent Mark Royals (Tampa Bay) will be their punter. The team was reportedly close to offering a contract to Roylas on Friday. The Dolphins then received a new contract proposal from Turk’s agent Steve Weinberg, causing them to wait on tendering an offer to Royals.

everything you wanted to know about this

from http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/3051572.htm

Miami also made a multiyear contract offer to punter Matt Turk, but Turk's agent deemed the negotiations to be ``distasteful.''

Agent Steve Weinberg said the Dolphins offered Turk a three-year contract but then demanded Turk give them an answer by the end of the day. The team said it's prepared to sign veteran punter Mark Royals.

Weinberg and Dolphins senior vice president Rick Spielman declined to discuss further terms of the deal, but a source indicated the Dolphins offered a signing bonus of about $125,000.

Spielman said only that the team could ''only go so far'' in trying to re-sign Turk. The Dolphins are about $3.5 million under the salary cap. That puts them on target to sign their draft picks and a couple of veteran free agents and then have money available for the season, Spielman said.

He said the Dolphins want to get the talks with Turk or Royals done today.

Weinberg said Turk, 33, who ranked among the top five punters in the league last year in net average, punts downed inside the 20-yard line and in limiting opponents' average return, would rank 16th in the NFL if he signed the deal.

Royals, 37, was not in the top five in the league of any of those categories.

'

Yeah, but he gets to play in Miami!
He gets good managemetn to deal with.
Can't complain about the weather.
And a dollar in Miami goes A LOT further than in NY if he were to play for the Jets or in any city. (No sales tax).

Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
Yeah, but he gets to play in Miami!
He gets good managemetn to deal with.
Can't complain about the weather.
And a dollar in Miami goes A LOT further than in NY if he were to play for the Jets or in any city. (No sales tax).
That's true, but the Pizza is better in NYC :goof:

It's even better in Chicago. So if hes goin for pizza, he should go for the Bears. Then he gets to paly for a good team and doesnt have to deal with that annoying fireman bob or whatever his name is.

Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
It's even better in Chicago. So if hes goin for pizza, he should go for the Bears. Then he gets to paly for a good team and doesnt have to deal with that annoying fireman bob or whatever his name is.
:lol: :lol: :lol: not to mention those crazy NJ winds.

I'd take good NYC sicilian over Chicago deep dish anyday, even Giordano's stuffed :eat:

Dolphins | Royals Agrees to Terms - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
14:21 PT: The Miami Dolphins have agreed to terms on an undisclosed deal with free agent P Mark Royals (Buccaneers). Royals' agent, Jeff Chilcoat, confirmed to KFFL Friday afternoon that a deal has been reached. It's expected to become official on Monday.

Re: Re: Dolphins Will Offer Royals...but

Originally posted by dolphan39

that for sure, but I still want Turk unless Royals is better which I doubt, except possibly as a holder. I just love it when we sign players from the Jets :evil:

speaking of which thank you Saints (again) for signing Grady from the Jets that will help our run game - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20020411/ap-saints-jackson.html

The Saints have helped our running game out twice this offseason. Grady Jackson is a good player, and obviously as smart guy(b/c he did not sign w/ the Jets).

I'm not sold on Royals. I hope he is only signed for one year and we draft one of those 2 punters to be tutored by Royals.

No way do we "develop" a punter.
You either pick a young guy to come in and play, or go with a proven vet.
I agree though, that I would have liked us to go for the young guy for the money factor.
Royals is 37, so I can not imagine that he got more than a one or two year contract, at the most.

Back
Top Bottom