rumor about LEINART sliding down like rogers?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rumor about LEINART sliding down like rogers??

KevInMotion

Running @ 24 FPS
Reaction score
i know i never really listen to these guys and rumor mill stuff, but do you think this could ever happen? or is leinart a lock in top 5???​

LEINART TO SLIDE ON DRAFT DAY?

The whispers are starting to be heard on the information superhighway that is the NFL rumor mill.

Will USC quarterback Matt Leinart be this year's Aaron Rodgers?

In 2005, Rodgers was the latest over-hyped product of Cal quarterback guru Jeff Tedford. In February, many had Rodgers pegged possibly to go as high as the No. 1 overall selection in the draft. But the 49ers ultimately opted for Utah's Alex Smith in the one hole, leaving Rodgers on the board.

After the Dolphins and Browns passed on Rodgers at No. 2 and No. 3, respectively, the pecking order moved to a cluster of teams with no clear needs at the quarterback position.

Bears? Nope. Bucs? Ditto. Titans? No.

And so on, through the Vikings, Cardinals, Redskins, Lions, Cowboys, Chargers. Saints, Panthers, Chiefs, Texans, Bengals, Vikings, Rams.

Cowboys, Jaguars, Ravens, Raiders.

Then came the Packers at No. 24. Despite immediate needs at plenty of positions other than quarterback, new G.M. Ted Thompson opted for insurance against the looming retirement of Lord Favre, who had waffled about returning in 2005 but who now might be back for 2006.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm (its a ways down about 3/4 down, and posted 1/29/06)

Admin edit: Please don't post full articles. A snippet and a link will do.

Thanks!

I do think that he does not have as much heart maybe as some of the others. I dont think he is as great as his draft status will get him, but one glaring difference between Leinert and Rogers is prototypical size. Leinert will have difficulty dealing with the different environment. That is why Vince Young is going to be the best of all because he has proven he is a winner at the highest levels in such a disproportionate manner as far as individual talents go and how you deal with adversity.

the jets would take him if he fell to them...trust me...

I don't think he's going to drop. But then again, most thought Rodgers wouldn't slip either. I'd love it if he slips to our spot though. He could be our Tom Brady.

Leinart does'nt fall past #3.

If he fell to us I'd have orange, aqua and white Leinart jerseys hanging in my closet before the first round of the draft was finished.

unifiedtheory said:
Leinart does'nt fall past #3.

If he fell to us I'd have orange, aqua and white Leinart jerseys hanging in my closet before the first round of the draft was finished.
:sidelol:

Hard to believe that he could drop to us but if he does, do we reakky want him? After all, if all those other teams pass on him there should be a reason so I wonder what Nick would do.

Ozzy rules!!

Regan21286 said:
I don't think he's going to drop. But then again, most thought Rodgers wouldn't slip either. I'd love it if he slips to our spot though. He could be our Tom Brady.

Last year, I never could understand the lovefest for Rogers at the top spots. It made no sense to me at all. I think he went right where he should have in the end.

Danny said:
Hard to believe that he could drop to us but if he does, do we reakky want him? After all, if all those other teams pass on him there should be a reason so I wonder what Nick would do.

Ozzy rules!!

I think Nick would have to alter his ego/thinking if this happens. There is no doubt in my mind that Nick understands that VY is a champion all the way.

I actually predicted this before PFT:

01-27-2006, 08:13 AM #545 BlueFin vbmenu_register("postmenu_1992730", true);
2005 FINHEAVEN G.M. LEAGUE - T-3RD PLACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
To the rest of the posters in this thread, Miami have a better chance of acquiring Vince Young than they do either Leinart or Cutler, as Young will drop further than either of the other two.

I disagree with you on that, I think New Orleans wil draft Young to sell tickets.

If there is a slider among those three, and I doubt there is, it is Leinart with his average arm strength, poor mobility and leg brace.

Back
Top Bottom