rumor about LEINART sliding down like rogers?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rumor about LEINART sliding down like rogers??

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
That depends on what he does in the NFL. If he slips out and sucks then GMs are basically saying they know more than you do.
yeah, but that won't happen. and he won't slide either. so we're discussing two scenarios that simply won't happen.

He won't last past #4...I say he goes to the Saints. Jets left out again and holding the bag. :D

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Why wouldn't Leinart fall? What has he done in the last month to solidfy his draft position? All it takes is a few questions coming up and the guy could fall.

So basically because he didn't play in the Senior Bowl he should slip in the draft? Every prospect has questions, but we should throw out three years of Matt Leinart being one of the top players in college football basically because he didn't play in the Senior Bowl? Rodgers slipped in part because nobody wanted to take a Qb, Leinart goes 2 or 3.

Juan Cribbs said:
yeah, but that won't happen. and he won't slide either. so we're discussing two scenarios that simply won't happen.

And you know this how? Believe it or not no one knows who will pan out and who will flop. No one.

Leinart will fall to us like Marino did. All his hype will go away, and he will fall to us! Wouldn't that be great.
:dolphins:

djfresh47 said:
So basically because he didn't play in the Senior Bowl he should slip in the draft? Every prospect has questions, but we should throw out three years of Matt Leinart being one of the top players in college football basically because he didn't play in the Senior Bowl? Rodgers slipped in part because nobody wanted to take a Qb, Leinart goes 2 or 3.

Basically profootballtalk put a lot of reasons why he could fall. If people question his leadership, his arm strength and if he will actually do what it takes to become a good NFL quarterback and not party to hard he could fall.

Roman529 said:
He won't last past #4...I say he goes to the Saints. Jets left out again and holding the bag. :D

Riiiight, because being left holding the bag is getting the best pass protecting LT in the last ten years.

I hope they take a QB and pass on Ferguson honestly.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Basically profootballtalk put a lot of reasons why he could fall. If people question his leadership, his arm strength and if he will actually do what it takes to become a good NFL quarterback and not party to hard he could fall.

They did question Marino's supposed drug issues and that allowed him to fall to our spot. Wouldn't mind if it worked for us again, though it is unlikely.

I don't know how anyone would question Leinart's leadership.

The point of the PFT article is that it doesn't take 15 teams to fall out of love with a player for him to fall to us.

There are a number of teams ahead of us that even if they had Matt as their BPA they still wouldn't take him because he doesn't fill a need.

Even a team with a QB need might pass if during their predraft work they fall in love with a player at another position because they felt a QB wouldn't be there.

Then there are teams that will get caught up in who is coming off the board. That's why you see runs on certain positions.

Will Matt be there? Probably not but it could and has happened before.

Regan21286 said:
They did question Marino's supposed drug issues and that allowed him to fall to our spot. Wouldn't mind if it worked for us again, though it is unlikely.

Maybe we could start a rumor about Matt and his drugs, then he could fall to us. Just an idea, but I think Im gonna tell everyone he's on the horse :D :D :D

I was about to rip into this until I realized it was a PFT article.

Worst.
Site.
Ever.

Back
Top Bottom