Rumor: Panther's WR Steve Smith on the trade block | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Panther's WR Steve Smith on the trade block

Don't forget that the Panthers don't even have a real QB, Delhome sucked so bad he was let go and I bet you can't even name their starter now without looking it up or google-ing it. Be honest man...the Panthers have no QB period, end of story.

Jimmy Clausen, from Notre Dame

Steve Smith can be had with a 3rd for sure. Or maybe a combo of 4th and 6th. I would go after him in a heart beat. Phins are in trouble, season is already in the tanks. 2-2, 1-2 in division. Terrible special teams, defense gets penetrated in more holes than a crack whore. Might as well go after him. Put Smith to return kicks and punts. Line him up with Marshall and try to outscore teams. Fins need a few miracles for post season play. One miracle, TE Finlay is out for the pack, second miracle, Mathews might not play for the pack, Aaron Rodgers concussion, judging by how they have been treated as of late it looks like he'll be out for one game. Now just a few more miracles and Steve Smith is one, we could salvage the season and put our playoff hopes back on track. Beside's our draft picks have been horrible. Might as well trade them for someone proven.

Don't forget that the Panthers don't even have a real QB, Delhome sucked so bad he was let go and I bet you can't even name their starter now without looking it up or google-ing it. Be honest man...the Panthers have no QB period, end of story.
It's Jimmy Clausen...didn't have to look it up. He's a rookie from Notre Dame. Backup is Matt Moore an undrafted rookie from OSU. Didn't look him up either.

As for Steve Smith his value has to be pretty low right now. What is he about 32 or 33 now? He has a high ankle sprain from what I heard and probably won't see the field for at least two more weeks.

Panthers should be in full rebuilding mode and looking to get younger so the rumor makes sense.

Steve Smith can be had with a 3rd for sure. Or maybe a combo of 4th and 6th. I would go after him in a heart beat. Phins are in trouble, season is already in the tanks. 2-2, 1-2 in division. Terrible special teams, defense gets penetrated in more holes than a crack whore. Might as well go after him. Put Smith to return kicks and punts. Line him up with Marshall and try to outscore teams. Fins need a few miracles for post season play. One miracle, TE Finlay is out for the pack, second miracle, Mathews might not play for the pack, Aaron Rodgers concussion, judging by how they have been treated as of late it looks like he'll be out for one game. Now just a few more miracles and Steve Smith is one, we could salvage the season and put our playoff hopes back on track. Beside's our draft picks have been horrible. Might as well trade them for someone proven.

Our draft picks have been horrible? Dumb statement.

Our draft picks have been horrible? Dumb statement.

Yes they have. Pat white, Sean Smith, Pat turner, Andrew Gardner, P. Merling, Shawn Murphy, Donald thomas, the only good picks were Jake Long and Vontae Davis. The verdict is still out on Langford and Merling. That you'll tell after 4 years. If these guys are signed to stay or not. Langford a blue colar guy. Very replaceable. Not a guy you sign and keep to be your starting LE for the next 8-10 years. Ofcourse the draft has been terrible. Major questions still out on Henne, Misi has been invisable after the Bills game. I think you can absolutely question our drafts!

Yes they have. Pat white, Sean Smith, Pat turner, Andrew Gardner, P. Merling, Shawn Murphy, Donald thomas, the only good picks were Jake Long and Vontae Davis. The verdict is still out on Langford and Merling. That you'll tell after 4 years. If these guys are signed to stay or not. Langford a blue colar guy. Very replaceable. Not a guy you sign and keep to be your starting LE for the next 8-10 years. Ofcourse the draft has been terrible. Major questions still out on Henne, Misi has been invisable after the Bills game. I think you can absolutely question our drafts!
OK let's not count this years draft cause it's too early to tell but:
Vontae Davis
Chris Clemons
Jake Long
Kendall Langford
Davone Bess - yeah you have to count him

Still to be determined:
Chad Henne
Phillip Merling

7 players in two years is absolutely solid. Look around the league and check the percentages of players that pan out. League average is about 22% over 5 years. Roughly 8 players out of 35 that are drafted. I've done the research. We've got 5 possibly 7 in 2 years.

just to put a little perspective.. in Oakland, Randy Moss was old. washed up. and couldnt play anymore.
a little change of scenery does wonders for a position like WR where it is almost entirely dependent on the qb being able to get them the ball. Car is a wasteland right now. Steve S is a top 10 WR in the NFL. no.question.about.it

Hearing that the Carolina Panther's have claimed WR Devin Thomas in an effort to trade Steve Smith. I would personally love for Miami to inquire and see him reunited with Henning. Smith can also return punts and in my opinion could help this team gain some Ws.

Steve Smith is on the block so he can go play for a contender. I doubt if he would want to switch to a 1-3 team after playing for Carolina for so many years.

Steve Smith is on the block so he can go play for a contender. I doubt if he would want to switch to a 1-3 team after playing for Carolina for so many years.
Derp. Despite their performance this week, I'd still consider Dallas and the Vikings contenders. Not sure that that has to do with this thread though.

Back
Top Bottom