Rumor: Panther's WR Steve Smith on the trade block | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Panther's WR Steve Smith on the trade block

hes old as **** tho... how long do u think he'll be here for and how efficient will he really be?.... we dont have a championship team yet... too many problems with our interior o-line, we have an unproven QB starting, major holes at safety and corner... the list goes on... special teams also... i would rather look to younger players

hes old as **** tho... how long do u think he'll be here for and how efficient will he really be?.... we dont have a championship team yet... too many problems with our interior o-line, we have an unproven QB starting, major holes at safety and corner... the list goes on... special teams also... i would rather look to younger players

He is 31, not that old. If he could be had for a 3rd you do it without question in my opinion.

Although injurys could be a concern.

He is 31, not that old. If he could be had for a 3rd you do it without question in my opinion.

Although injurys could be a concern.

A 3rd for a 31 year old WR who's been battling injuries lately? Wouldn't take me long to hang up the phone on the Panthers, but that's just me.

get him please. i dont care if hes 31. thats not that old. he can be lethal playing along side the beast.

imagine the beast on the outside, smith on the other, Bess in the slot, Ronnie in the backfield, Jake opening up holes, we would be lethal.

Why are people saying that Smith is on the decline? If you have a rookie as your starting QB, I guarentee that your numbers will drop. This would be a good deal for Miami.

31 yrs old or not....teams would think twice about doubling the beast...they'd have to bracket both beast and ss, which the middle would leave a lot of holes in the middle of the field. Ireland..just don't ask if his mom was a hooker plz

Hearing that the Carolina Panther's have claimed WR Devin Thomas in an effort to trade Steve Smith. I would personally love for Miami to inquire and see him reunited with Henning. Smith can also return punts and in my opinion could help this team gain some Ws.
Bro let me see what I can find out.

Steve has a high ankle sprain now and could be out a couple of weeks or it could be longer as they sometimes take longer to heal. I would even take a hurt Steve Smith to help towards the second half of the season. Brandon, Steve, and Devone would very nice. Another question that plays into this is how long will Tony be around?

Last edited by a moderator:
His age and durability are hardly factors here, elite WR's (which steve certainly is) have shown they can produce at high levels into their mid 30's. So hes got a few more years left in the tank. And hes not injury prone, he shattered his forearm last year (and held on to the ball for the touchdown) and then rebroke it in the offseason. And ankle sprains happen, doesnt make him injury prone. He is a stud WR and my only concern would be the volatility of our WR's (he sucker punched one of the Carolina corners and broke his orbital last year. chris gamble i believe)
Steve plus bmarsh could lead to some nasty headaches for the dolphins and opposing defenses alike.

As for MSW. one of the most over-rated Wr's in the league. The guy only shows up for home games, i guess the 10 jax fans get him all riled up. Every defense stacks the box to shut down MJD, the only real weapon on that team. As evidenced this year, Garrard is more trustworthy of career underachiever (and crappy TE) Mercedes Lewis instead of MSW. Jax has to throw every week to stay in the game and MSW just cant find the ball. Not to mention he is a worse version of Bmarsh. Bmarsh is the elite possession style receiver MSW dreams of being.

Crappy young WR or Elite Vet?

i'd take steve smith over sims walker in a heartbeat...and he's well worth a 3rd rounder imo...he's just surrounded by garbage in carolina...although i do think his game isn't quite what it used to be...he's still legit

but i don't think given we have no 2nd rounder right now we'd even consider giving up another top 3 round pick in the draft

i'd take steve smith over sims walker in a heartbeat...and he's well worth a 3rd rounder imo...he's just surrounded by garbage in carolina...although i do think his game isn't quite what it used to be...he's still legit

but i don't think given we have no 2nd rounder right now we'd even consider giving up another top 3 round pick in the draft
I would give up a 3rd in a heartbeat for Steve Smith.

Wow, imagine a lineup with Marshall, Smith, and Bess. Not even Henne could mess that up.

Back
Top Bottom