Rumor: Roy Williams could land in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Roy Williams could land in Miami

IMO, Miami doesn't need Roy Williams. Yeremiah Bell is a better safety.

U mean CAN'T stay on the field Bell?

I mean let's face it . . . the guy is ALWAYS hurt . . . and though he is better than Williams in coverage IMO and more of a playmaker . . . . nobody is more intimidating at SS than Roy Williams . . . and sometimes that is the most important factor of a SS . . . . if this team thinks it can compete this year . . . I wouldn't mind bringing Williams down here at a good price . . . let Bell focus more on Special Teams and nickel/dime situations. Depending on Bell to keep healthy is a MISTAKE.

Then again I said decent price . . . we did sign guys like Crocker and Davis . . . though not better than Roy . . . they are servicable . . . and this is a young team . . . . so u definitely don't break the bank for a 28 year old SS who is weak in coverage.

Roy Williams is ok but not for the money he is being paid. He is very suspect in pass defense he is very good in run support, something lile a LB and i hope we don't pay that much to a safety that can only stop the run. Why do you think he get so many horse collar penalties, the WR is always behind him.

Roy Williams is ok. He is nothing special he is good stopping the run, but his pass defense is very suspect. Why do you think he gets so many horse collar penalties, it's because the WR is always behind him.

Roy Is ok he is nothing special. He is good in run support, but his pass defense is very suspect. Why do you think he gets so many horse collar penalties, it's because the WR is always behind him.

Taysia, what are your thoughts on Roy Williams?

Roy Williams Is A Probowl Name, Not A Probowl Player! He Can't Cover And Doesn't Make Us A Better Football Team!

IMO if we sign a guy like Williams, it could be a good idea IF you got 2 very good CB to makeup for his pass defense deficiencies which we don't have (only W.Allen is a starting caliber CB on our team). I'd rather continue to develop J.Allen at FS and let our other new guys battle it out. Don't forget that Bell, when healthy (I know he's not very often), is very very good at SS and I expect him to be good to go at the start of the season. We should target another veteran CB instead, we have a lot of safeties...

funny, when i mentioned this i got torn a new one. interesting.

whoever said wait until he hits FA is right. we have enough 'starting' safeties now. don't need to trade anything for him at this point. but he wouldn't be cheap, so this probably won't happen.

and he isn't as bad as you guys make him out to be. he does get beat in pass coverage, but not as much as one would think by reading these posts. and he is dominant against the run - where did we rank against that last year?

Dallas fans have bashed Roy for years now. He is terrible in pass as said and his run D is good but thats why we drafted Merling and Langford both non pass rushing ends who stop the run and Starks , Ferguson stuff the run. We need more pass coverage and Crocker can play just as well as Roy he just doesnt hit as hard. JAllen Im still in question about. I llive in Tennessee and I hate the Vols and I didnt think he was that great there. If we need a S and trade Id rather trade the Rams for Otogwe who is only 26 and had 75 tackles and 8 INT's last year in 2006 he had 5 Forced Fumbles and 3 INT's He is a playmaker and is a restricted FA but if we trade lets trade for a younger better coverage Safety not Dallas trash. Their fans wouldnt bash Roy if he were even decent. OR I even like Kennoy Kennedy better for the price he is 30 but he had 88 tackles and 2 forced fumbles and 2 InT's last year. Or even Mike Doss who is a FA and could be had dvery cheap. Bell cant stay healthy and I dont think he has played an entire year ever. Give up on him he is eating up money for someone else. And for a CB we should look at Andre Dyson who is still a FA. But then again if S was more Important to BP we would have picked up Jamar Adams, Silva, Eric Wicks,Ron Girault, N Warrick, Abdullah, MARCUS GRIFFIN, DJ Wolfe, DJ Parker any of these players can cover better than ROY and could have been had in UDFA this year. CB and WR are more of a need than FS/SS. <Maybe Dallas will throw in Pat Crayton if we give them a draft pick for ROy. I like ROY WILLIAMS just the other one thats Good and worth his money and would help this team out.

The only Roy Williams I want is the receiver from the Lions.

Roy Williams' salary makes it absolutely impossible for the Cowboys to release or trade him this year.

sounds good to me...him and bell could be sick

Back
Top Bottom