Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade

From Mike Mayock that he may indeed be even better than Eric Berry. Mike Mayock, not me.

What scenario would we take him? Only if McClain and Bryant are gone???

Ginn? So then with this scenario, who are you thinking will we replace Ginn with? Being that Dez Bryant is not likely to be there at #12.

I mean, I like/want the Cliff Avril trade, which he can move into the SOLB spot filling that hole and we can slide Wake over to the WOLB in a Dumervil type role. But then who replaces Ginn as a deep threat?

Good queston. I would like the Avril trade. What can we package together to move up from #12? Preferable I hope we stay at 12 to acquire NT or LB and get a WR 2nd round. If Ginn goes we have a deep threat to replace (hopefully someone with dependable hands and proven to challenge balls thrown) and where is the true number 1?

What scenario would we take him? Only if McClain and Bryant are gone???

Only if Bryant is gone. I don't even think Parcells/Ireland has McClain on their board at #12. I think Miami will be looking to sign Dansby to upgrade ILB. But ILB is more a want for upgrade then a need or hole. Must leave the #12 pick for a dire need. Which right now is OLB, NT, FS, and WR.

So to me, if Bryant is gone its Earl Thomas. And if this Avril theory would be true, its because they are looking at someone other than one of the OLB at #12. More signs to Earl Thomas.

Good queston. I would like the Avril trade. What can we package together to move up from #12? Preferable I hope we stay at 12 to acquire NT or LB and get a WR 2nd round. If Ginn goes we have a deep threat to replace (hopefully someone with dependable hands and proven to challenge balls thrown) and where is the true number 1?

I really think Ginn will stay. He will shine when we have a number one receiver lined up with him!

Only if Bryant is gone. I don't even think Parcells/Ireland has McClain on their board at #12. I think Miami will be looking to sign Dansby to upgrade ILB. But ILB is more a want for upgrade then a need or hole. Must leave the #12 pick for a dire need. Which right now is OLB, NT, FS, and WR.

So to me, if Bryant is gone its Earl Thomas.

Makes sense to me. So free agency will help us decide what will happen in the draft. All we have is Wake as our OLB??? JT was only contracted for one year, right? Just imagine. Dansby-LB/ WR- Dez/ NT-???/ FS-???
ha imagine the first two wholes, i'm drawing blanks for the other ones..

this sounds like it could be a block buster. cj for merling and a #2 maybe thats why he was told to lose some weight. He would probably thrive in that defense they run. HHHMMMM.....

That sound you hear is Detroit laughing their *** off for Merling, #2, and something else....

If I am Detroit, I would take Vontae, Hartline, Merling, #1 this year, #2 next year.

We are talking one of the top 3-4 WRs in the league. He's not going to be had for backup and a second round pick.

You people need to get real. If you want another team's playmakers, esp another team that only has a few, you are going to pay and pay dearly.

CJ is elite. No one on our team is. The only reason they would do this is if they think they could draft Dez Bryant @#12, develop Hartline into a reliable "Don Beebe" type, and get two players who could start for them on defense. Otherwise, keep CJ and continue to develop around him and Stafford.

So to me, if Bryant is gone its Earl Thomas. And if this Avril theory would be true, its because they are looking at someone other than one of the OLB at #12. More signs to Earl Thomas.

Hmmm... Sorry boss... Don't agree with you on this one that OLB is the biggest need... I think ILB is by FAR a greater need... I would put OLB behind WR and even NT on the list of needs for this team...

I think the Avril move makes sense and I think Dansby would be nice but we might just be hoping too much... and McClain is IMO the best value at 12.

To be honest I would not be the slightest bit surprised if they sign Dansby AND draft McClain.

Absolutely, especially if that Suh at #2 and McClain at #12 includes Tedd Ginn Jr in that Calvin Johnson trade.

Exactly. Even if it's not to get a player but to move up to their spot in the draft. One could say the same thing. Would the #12/Ronnie and a late pick be worth giving up to get Berry, and by some very possible chance, Suh?

If I am Detroit, I would take Vontae, Hartline, Merling, #1 this year, #2 next year.

That's not even close to fair market value. They might have gotten rid of Roy Williams for a 1, 3, and 5 from the 'Boys, but that's because Jerry Jones is basically an amateur. Further, established players have more value than draft picks, especially up and coming draft picks.

You don't trade a guy who isn't working for your offense, because that's the only reason you'd trade a guy like Johnson, for three potential pro bowlers and two very valuable draft picks. YOU'RE the one who is being ridiculous.

I disagree.Crowder is not a leader,nor is he productive,and Miami has no one whos going to grab a player by the collar in the 4th quarter,4th and inches,in need of a stop and say,"hey,we're gonna do this,and we're gonna do this right now".

The ILB in ANY defense is the lone position for leadership and is the white filling of the oreo between the scondary and d-line.

If it's a big trade, I have a hard time imagining it's for anyone other than Calvin Johnson.

If it's not a big trade, then the following are candidates:

TE Dan Gronkowski
OG Stephen Peterman
DE/LB Cliff Avril
CB Phillip Buchanon
FS Daniel Bullocks
CB Jack Williams

Honestly what I do know is that multiple contacts have been made between each party in the last 2 weeks. The details of those conversations is priviledge information that I do not have information on. It is my strong believe that this has to involve players such as Ted Ginn and two of the players that you mentioned.

I would be surprised if the Lions got rid of Calvin Johnson. That is something that did not came across my mind.

Back
Top Bottom