Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade

Call me crazy, but I like that deal for the Rams. I know he didn't show much in Tampa, but I'm Josh Johnson fan. I think he can be really good someday.

I'm with you I love Josh Johnson.

But that's still too cheap. Who would they be targeting at #3 overall, if a QB is part of the package to move from #3 to #1? I mean, the Lions are going to pick up Gerald McCoy if Suh is gone (which he will be). And if you're pulling in a QB for the move then it would mean the Rams don't want to go with Bradford or Clausen. Eric Berry? When they already have Atogwe and they just signed James Butler to a semi-big contract?

Perhaps they're really in love with Derrick Morgan.

I'm with you I love Josh Johnson.

But that's still too cheap. Who would they be targeting at #3 overall, if a QB is part of the package to move from #3 to #1? I mean, the Lions are going to pick up Gerald McCoy if Suh is gone (which he will be). And if you're pulling in a QB for the move then it would mean the Rams don't want to go with Bradford or Clausen. Eric Berry? When they already have Atogwe and they just signed James Butler to a semi-big contract?

Perhaps they're really in love with Derrick Morgan.

There are so many things that Josh Johnson brings to the table to fall in love with.

He got a pretty bad deal in Tampa when Gruden left.

so you wouldn't trade ronnie brown for calvin johnson???

the rb who's been on ir 2 of the last 3 years and approaching 30...
I am just wondering why Calvin Johnson, a WR who has been injured two of the past three seasons and only had one 1000 yard receiving season worth a first and more whereas a RB who has been injured three out of five seasons but has two 1000 rushing seasons and a Pro Bowl selection MIGHT be worth a second on a good day. They both have big play ability and their respective values should be pretty comparable.

I am just wondering why Calvin Johnson, a WR who has been injured two of the past three seasons and only had one 1000 yard receiving season worth a first and more whereas a RB who has been injured three out of five seasons but has two 1000 rushing seasons and a Pro Bowl selection MIGHT be worth a second on a good day. They both have big play ability and their respective values should be pretty comparable.

Because Calvin Johnson is 24, and still has yet to reach his potential.
Ronnie Brown is nearing 29, which means he has already reached or is passed his potential.

Also, because Calvin Johnson is a 6'5" WR that runs a 4.3 with excellent hands and leaping ability... You don't find those in receivers often. Not to mention he still put up those numbers with numerous QB's who shouldn't have been starters and oh yeah, on the worst team in NFL history. He's the only threat on that offense and he still produces...

And another thing. Ronnie Brown does NOT have big play ability. He's too slow to outrun defenses... He excells is bulldozing his way for 5-10 yard carries... Johnson on the other hand can do it all. He can be used in sweeps, deep balls, crossing routes, etc.

IMO, I wouldn't hesitate to trade our first AND second for Calvin Johnson.... Because at least we KNOW we have filled our need at WR and there's no chance he'll bust because he's already proven himself...

I would honestly give up our entire draft to get Calvin Johnson. And we could spend the extra money on free agents
Very interesting, thou it would never happen.
Let see, give up the entire draft, get CJ, use the draft maoney to get Dansby and one more solid LB or safety. What we have is the same roster as last season with the addition of CJ, Dansby and a solid safety....sure why the hell not.

Ronnie definitely does have big play ability. Cam Cameron definitely showed us that using him the way he used 5:29:15 PM in San Diego. He is also one of, if not THE best receiving backs in the league. He typically puts up 500 yards or more receiving every season on top of his rushing total. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Ronnie also run in the 4.3 range?

Ronnie definitely does have big play ability. Cam Cameron definitely showed us that using him the way he used 5:29:15 PM in San Diego. He is also one of, if not THE best receiving backs in the league. He typically puts up 500 yards or more receiving every season on top of his rushing total. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Ronnie also run in the 4.3 range?

Ronnie ran in the 4.46 range when coming out of college but he isn't that fast now after all his injuries. He's probably a 4.60 guy at best at this point.

Per Rotoworld

Cliff Avril-DL-Lions Feb. 21 - 3:45 pm et

Lions DE Cliff Avril's effectiveness was down in 2009 in part due to lingering hamstring problems.
Per beat reporter Tom Kowalski, the injury "really affected (Avril's) confidence...because he felt like he was letting his teammates down." Avril still managed 5.5 sacks and three forced fumbles in 13 games, though based on sheer pass-rush ability he should be a double-digit sack player. It remains to be seen if Avril will open 2010 as a starter.

Ronnie ran in the 4.46 range when coming out of college but he isn't that fast now after all his injuries. He's probably a 4.60 guy at best at this point.

LOL @ this logic. I ran my fastest times in the 100 meters after all my injuries.

Obviously you're an exception. Most people are hindered permanently from serious injuries.

No I'm not an exception, people get injured and come back as strong or stronger all the time. The injuries you see or read about in the NFL are not the scope of the entire athletic world.

Players don't generally get slower long term from one simple ACL tear. Ronnie's tear didn't involve a lot of collateral damage. In fact it's not uncommon for players to literally be faster after an ACL surgery because of all the rehab they end up doing.

Back
Top Bottom