Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade

I think I jump at the chance to trade a 4th for Avril. He's young and talented. This draft is not that deep and to get a 25 year old starter for a 4th is a steal. If he can get 5.5 sacks with Lions, I think he can improve on that here.

Yeah I meant to tell you that he is 23! even better man! haha that would be nice if we can get him..

It seems as though Ronnie Brown cramps up every time he breaks free.
Ronnie has never had Break away speed so he was never going to out run anyone but he is a back that will go down hill and will make people miss in the open and if the knows he cant make them miss he will just lower his shoulder and run them over and gain a extra 2 or 3 yards.

Calvin Johnson would be a great addition to this team but he is not going to help us win our games.

Replace Calvin Johnson with Ted Ginn against Indy. That's just a direct example of what not having a #1 cost us. Never mind all the times Ted Ginn dropped an important pass or didn't fight for extra yards because he was scared. With Calvin Johnson we probably would've won at least 10 games last year.

And really, the defense can only fail you when your offense fails to score.

According to the combine, Ronnie has break away speed.. He ran a 4.46 at the combine... But after running the ball 15 times, and going out for patterns, it just seems as though his hamstrings can't handle running away from a defender for 60 yards.
At the combine... muscles are relaxed and prepped for a 40 yard sprint.. Doesn't take into account the fact that during the course of a game, the opportunity to break a 50 yard run will possibly be during the second half.... After the hamstrings have been working for a long while.
Now, if we're talking about Ricky.... Different story... Ricky is an animal.

They might want a 1st and 2nd but this team can't afford it, if you need a receiver that bad just draft one with your 1st and keep your second.

According to the combine, Ronnie has break away speed.. He ran a 4.46 at the combine... But after running the ball 15 times, and going out for patterns, it just seems as though his hamstrings can't handle running away from a defender for 60 yards.
At the combine... muscles are relaxed and prepped for a 40 yard sprint.. Doesn't take into account the fact that during the course of a game, the opportunity to break a 50 yard run will possibly be during the second half.... After the hamstrings have been working for a long while.
Now, if we're talking about Ricky.... Different story... Ricky is an animal.

:hi5:

I don't think personally it's the straight line speed that takes two years. It's the all around ability and especially the explosiveness, ability to cut and change directions. Takes a while to get that confidence back in the knee.

^ This.

I love Ronnie Brown but he's injured all the time and has a lot of wear/tear on those tires.

How about Ronnie Brown and a 2nd rounder for Calvin Johnson and a 4th rounder?

In 1st round we get RB CJ SPiller. With one of those 4th rounders we get 6ft7 TE Grahm/Univ of Miami.

We would have completely overhauled our offense.

Back
Top Bottom