Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade

I just don't know, I can't see Ronnie being the same speed/faster after having an ACL tear and now a Lisfranc injury. I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong on this though.

Back to the original topic, there's a rumor out there of a local radio station saying Cliff Avril for a mid round pick.

a 4th round pick is what i thought the price would be....barring a player also...hmmm...not sure if i'd give it up or not...

especially if boldin for pick #74 is on the table...

Players don't generally get slower long term from one simple ACL tear. Ronnie's tear didn't involve a lot of collateral damage. In fact it's not uncommon for players to literally be faster after an ACL surgery because of all the rehab they end up doing.

It should be mentioned that the speed doesn't come back right away. It will usually take around two years from the injury to completely regain your speed.

Camarillo should be a step faster this upcoming season

I don't think personally it's the straight line speed that takes two years. It's the all around ability and especially the explosiveness, ability to cut and change directions. Takes a while to get that confidence back in the knee.

I think I jump at the chance to trade a 4th for Avril. He's young and talented. This draft is not that deep and to get a 25 year old starter for a 4th is a steal. If he can get 5.5 sacks with Lions, I think he can improve on that here.

The Detroit Lions and the Dolphins are in talks in regards trading a lions player to the dolphins in exchange for draft picks and a player that I still do not have any information on. I will report more as news develop. I do not know at this moment if a wide receiver or runningback from each team is involved.

Thanks for the info! I'm doubtful it's Calvin Johnson too, but my god...that would be soooooooo sweet if somehow we could trade for him without giving up the farm.

Calvin Johnson would be a great addition to this team but he is not going to help us win our games. To be honest with you, our offense last year took us pretty far against top teams but our defense fell through the fences.

I haven't heard anything in Regards Avril at linebacker but I wouldn't be surprised if we trade for him.

Back
Top Bottom