Rumor X To Raiders For 24 In First | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor X To Raiders For 24 In First

I'm all about going full rebuild but I'm gonna need more than the 24th pick for X. I'd want that plus a second from the raiders and it's a deal. Or a higher first round pick and then a 3rd or 4th from a team would also do it for me,

I mean if the team ever wants to be a perennial contender, they can’t have whiffs in the first round. Thats a much bigger issue than trading X.

The idea is not terrible, simply because of roster/cap management.

If you scout a Greedy Williams and think he can be every bit as good as X . . . You can’t be scared to theoretically trade X for a pick to select him with . . . .because you are talking 4 cheap years and a reasonable 5th year vs. 1 cheap year and a potential “set the bar” contract.

Its absolutely how you build a championship roster, not by having “set the bar” pieces on your roster. Obviously there are exceptions, and X might be one of them, but it usually doesn’t lead to ultimate success.

Trading X for a first is absolutely something New England would do and they are the standout franchise in the NFL over the last 20 years.

Does this organization have the faith and conviction to do it knowing they can replace him . . . .thats what we all will find out over the next few years.
Just to point it out, but the pick being offered was the 24th overall, and Greedy Williams is expected to be a top 10 pick. There is no guarantee that Greedy ever reaches where X. is now, and it is unlikely to be as a rookie. The argument can be made, and Greedy may show so poorly at the combine that he drops to 24, but at this point, Greedy is not X and we couldn't get Greedy for the 24th pick. We would have to really dislike X to make this trade, IMHO. My guess is that Flores, a defensive coach, wants to hang on to his budding star at CB, a difficult position to find. Even Belichick went out and recruited Darrelle Revis and traded a 1st rounder to get Stephone Gilmore. I suspect Flores would want his young bird in the hand, but I guess we'll find out eventually.

While reading this thread I began to realize the real problem with player valuations on this forum.

The less of something you have, the more you value it and the less you value what you don't really like. This is like being mentally myopic, you don't see as much so you overrate what you do see and use "sour grapes" to justify dismissing what you don't see well or understand.

I wonder if they make mental glasses for the mentally myopic?

Just to point it out, but the pick being offered was the 24th overall, and Greedy Williams is expected to be a top 10 pick. There is no guarantee that Greedy ever reaches where X. is now, and it is unlikely to be as a rookie. The argument can be made, and Greedy may show so poorly at the combine that he drops to 24, but at this point, Greedy is not X and we couldn't get Greedy for the 24th pick. We would have to really dislike X to make this trade, IMHO. My guess is that Flores, a defensive coach, wants to hang on to his budding star at CB, a difficult position to find. Even Belichick went out and recruited Darrelle Revis and traded a 1st rounder to get Stephone Gilmore. I suspect Flores would want his young bird in the hand, but I guess we'll find out eventually.

I tend to agree that this new regime favors well for Howard sticking around and getting resigned.

I actually think the mixed scheme and heavy DB defense will allow him to maximize his contributions here.

While reading this thread I began to realize the real problem with player valuations on this forum.

The less of something you have, the more you value it and the less you value what you don't really like. This is like being mentally myopic, you don't see as much so you overrate what you do see and use "sour grapes" to justify dismissing what you don't see well or understand.

I’ve read this post four times, and I can’t figure out what or who you’re criticizing.

He is saying the grass is always greener on the other side, use rocket mortgage, you got this bro.

I'm all about going full rebuild but I'm gonna need more than the 24th pick for X. I'd want that plus a second from the raiders and it's a deal. Or a higher first round pick and then a 3rd or 4th from a team would also do it for me,

If they do trade him for a 1st, he may actually be better to trade him for a team's 2020 1st. Maybe that team ends up crashing and their pick becomes a high #1.

now that I think of it, why would you trade Mack away and then trade for another player who
is in line for a big payday?

The only way you trade Howard is if it guarantees you a game changing QB... if they believe Kyler Murray is special... by all means... package Howard and make it happen! Our 1st and Howard is enough to make that happen!

The only way you trade Howard is if it guarantees you a game changing QB... if they believe Kyler Murray is special... by all means... package Howard and make it happen! Our 1st and Howard is enough to make that happen!

Or you have offered fair value and even over fair value and he has refused to sign . . . .for whatever reason.

I’ve read this post four times, and I can’t figure out what or who you’re criticizing.

It's not who I'm criticizing, but the methodology driving many posters analysis. From what I have seen there is too much emotion and self justification based on too little information or knowledge or both.

Back
Top Bottom