Rumor X To Raiders For 24 In First | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor X To Raiders For 24 In First

I know people keep saying we are rebuilding, so let’s get as many picks as possible and all that jazz, but why trade a young pro bowl corner and create another hole on the team?

Just because we get a first round pick wouldn’t guarantee us a better corner. The last thing the team needs to do is create another hole. Currently we’ve got some talented young players to build around in Howard, Fitzpatrick, McMillan (etc) to go along with some proven veterans. Instead of trading X away for a pick, keep him, invest in him and his development and back him to become of the best corners in the league. Then utilise our draft picks to pick the BPAs and try to fill the holes through the draft and free agency.

Would I take the 24th pick off the Raiders for X? I don’t know. There are corners we could pick but we’d essentially be trading away a proven corner for an unknown. We could end up with the next Eli Apple or Vernon Hargreaves as easily as we could end up with the next Tre’davious White. Ok we’d save cap space, but unless we plan to throw money at people in free agency or acquire big contract players through a trade or had players we needed to extend, then that cap saving from not extending X doesn’t really make much sense unless we believe he’s not good enough to warrant an extension and once again we trade away/lose a valuable young player.

For me, I’d like to hope Flores wants to hold onto X. The kid is a good young corner and we should want to hold onto our young talent and build around them because I think guys like X and Fitz can thrive under Flores.

It wouldn't make sense to trade X. That would be so dolphin

Rebuilding doesnt mean you trade everyone regardless to accumulate picks. You identify the strong pieces and rebuild around them. Howard, Fitz and Tunsil are absolutely great pieces to start building around. Next up, go get your top notch pass rusher and franchise QB, solidifiy the trenches and then you can start making runs. There's no need to start from scratch.

Lmao and get what? Another Harris? Parker?

I mean if the team ever wants to be a perennial contender, they can’t have whiffs in the first round. Thats a much bigger issue than trading X.

The idea is not terrible, simply because of roster/cap management.

If you scout a Greedy Williams and think he can be every bit as good as X . . . You can’t be scared to theoretically trade X for a pick to select him with . . . .because you are talking 4 cheap years and a reasonable 5th year vs. 1 cheap year and a potential “set the bar” contract.

Its absolutely how you build a championship roster, not by having “set the bar” pieces on your roster. Obviously there are exceptions, and X might be one of them, but it usually doesn’t lead to ultimate success.

Trading X for a first is absolutely something New England would do and they are the standout franchise in the NFL over the last 20 years.

Does this organization have the faith and conviction to do it knowing they can replace him . . . .thats what we all will find out over the next few years.

You don't trade a young superstar. That's not rebuilding that's a compete tear down and wont help you

I think X is a bit overrated on Finheaven, and rightfully so. Still a damn good player but terms like “best CB in the NFL”, “all pro” and “superstar” feed the “overrated” theory.

Its why selling high now can and should be a viable option.

Like I said earlier, you can’t be scared to lose someone because you are worried about the inability to replace that player. You have already lost if that is the mindset.

And again, NE trades them all the time and relies on their scouting and system.

They understand how to play the game. If there is a model we should follow . . . Its that one.

I mean if the team ever wants to be a perennial contender, they can’t have whiffs in the first round. Thats a much bigger issue than trading X.

If you scout a Greedy Williams and think he can be every bit as good as X . . . You can’t be scared to theoretically trade X for a pick to select him with . . . .because you are talking 4 cheap years and a reasonable 5th year vs. 1 cheap year and a potential “set the bar” contract.

Its absolutely how you build a championship roster, not by having “set the bar” pieces on your roster. Obviously there are exceptions, and X might be one of them, but it usually doesn’t lead to ultimate success.

Trading X for a first is absolutely something New England would do and they are the standout franchise in the NFL over the last 20 years.

Does this organization have the faith and conviction to do it knowing they can replace him . . . .thats what we all will find out over the next few years.

I’m not saying trade him or don’t at this point, but I certainly think an argument can be made to do it.

I mean if your in a rebuild its hard to pay a CB top money as you attempt to stock the team with young players the next few years. At the window of time that were hopefully very competitive X will probably be older and ready to try and cash in again on another contract.

I can definitely see a debate over it rather than just a simple sign him...

If we are actually rebuilding it has to be considered, another pick would be nice like a 5th. What a nightmare next year if we don't do something this year.

I’m not saying trade him or don’t at this point, but I certainly think an argument can be made to do it.

I mean if your in a rebuild its hard to pay a CB top money as you attempt to stock the team with young players the next few years. At the window of time that were hopefully very competitive X will probably be older and ready to try and cash in again on another contract.

I can definitely see a debate over it rather than just a simple sign him...

Yea for sure.

I mean its a fair debate . . .and I haven’t really chosen one side of it or the other. But its definitely not crazy to trade X with the current state of this franchise.

Just know my phone is on if I am Chris Grier. Nobody is untouchable outside of Minkah Fitzpatrick. I need that brain/athlete on my young defense.

hmm sound like another painful 10 yr about happen. All the JETS, DOLPHINS and BILLS are doing is helping N.E win SB. N,E 3 more SB by 2029. I guess we will be talking about 72 and 73 SB.

Last edited:

Even if you do get greedy Williams what are the chances he turns out as good as X. Also greedy isn't falling to 24. So that means your suggestion trading X and drafting his replacement at 13? Wouldn't you rather have both

Back
Top Bottom