Rumor X To Raiders For 24 In First | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor X To Raiders For 24 In First

I can't see how X wouldn't fit into what any coach wanted to do, sorry I don't buy that one. There's only a handful of "shutdown" corners in this league and he's on the cusp of becoming one of them. The Pat's have been successful with that approach, we haven't.

that's why I said maybe.

things I "don't buy":

a) after your 3rd year you are "on the cusp"

b) a CB with many INTs is necessarily a shutdown CB. Marcus Peters got traded.
X had the 2nd worst yards per catch rate, not a "shut down" stat, more of a boom or bust stat

nobody is going to give a first for x who has been torched consistently throughout his career.

nobody is going to give a first for x who has been torched consistently throughout his career.
I think he’s come into his own since that Cutler game in ‘17, but you know.

X is not a shutdown corner.
DeAndre Hopkins TORCHED this man. I would trade for a first in 2019 but also a 2nd in 2020.
If we cant get to the passer it doesnt matter how good X supposedly is.
Trade him and make a play for the top edge rusher in the draft perhaps.

His Stock is better than 24...young, big, long, strong corner with ball skills.

X is not a shutdown corner.
DeAndre Hopkins TORCHED this man. I would trade for a first in 2019 but also a 2nd in 2020.
If we cant get to the passer it doesnt matter how good X supposedly is.
Trade him and make a play for the top edge rusher in the draft perhaps.

Except that X gave up 3 catches for 23 yards and 1 TD that game, that's hardly getting torched.

Except that X gave up 3 catches for 23 yards and 1 TD that game, that's hardly getting torched.

I didnt check the exact stats that game
It just seemed like our entire defensive backfield just decided to stay on the bus that game.
Top Corners in the league like Talib or Ramsey wouldnt let the whole unot flounder like that.

If X wanted to be paid like a top corner in the league this where he should have demanded Burke to scheme him 1 on 1 with Hopkins the whole night. Then he would shut him down.
If X shows that winner mentality this year then I have no doubts. Pay him like a top #1 corner.
If not then we should explore our options after the 2019 season.

that's a Patriot move, trade a guy before he gets paid

teams that have the ability to reload do this, we on the other hand feel the need to
clutch onto any draft success. maybe X doesn't fit what Flores wants to do

NOW, it would get us fodder for a trade up for the QB we have a crush on

New England can pull those trades off bc of Brady and Belichick. Hardly any other NFL team has that capability to succeed despite sending talent elsewhere.

BTW, this wasn't a real trade rumor. ESPN+ is currently asking a panel of their reporters a question a day. The question was design a realistic offseason trade that helps both teams. The moronic Kevin Seifert said:

Dolphins trade CB Xavien Howard to Raiders for No. 24 overall draft pick. The Raiders have three first-round picks, making coach Jon Gruden more likely to move one of them. It might sound crazy for the Dolphins to trade a Pro Bowl cornerback before he turns 26, but they appear headed toward a rebuild and Howard is arguably their most valuable asset. Trading him now also would allow the Dolphins to avoid paying the massive contract extension Howard is likely to get in the next year.

I didnt check the exact stats that game
It just seemed like our entire defensive backfield just decided to stay on the bus that game.
Top Corners in the league like Talib or Ramsey wouldnt let the whole unot flounder like that.

One corner can only do so much, he can't cover the 2nd WR, the slot WR, the TE, and HB's. Ramsay plays on a really talented defense and so did Talib, heck Talib played with All Pro CB Chris Harris Jr and now plays with All Pro CB Marcus Peters.

It doesn't matter if you have Deion Sanders if the other CB's play like Jamar Fletcher.

seriously trade x. he had a good year when he had too. this was his year to show value, and he did. good for him. this might be a win win situation... fins need more good players.

in my book x is a great player and he should be given the opportunity to play elsewhere to get him closer to his goal weather that is being rich or a champion. it’s not gonna be with the dolphins anytime soon. good for himthatswhsti project is his value.
trade him get at least a 1st and a 3rd. my projected value. try to prove me wrong

Back
Top Bottom