Rumors Abound About A High End #3 WR For The Dolphins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors Abound About A High End #3 WR For The Dolphins

Not a fan, but thank god we’re not giving up a pick.
YUCK that would be awful last thing we want is a washed up old dude coming here to party that thinks he is still good and will demand the ball....waste of time....not a good fit at all. Rather spend the time and money on the OL that OBJ

i repeat YUCK...my offer to him is a used Billy Milner jersey and a bag of balls
Why, though? If he comes here he's going to be a 3. He hasn't been a headache for a couple years and didn't seem to have any issues in Baltimore last year aside from not playing up to his ridiculously overpriced contract.

This. Grier and McDaniel put little emphasis on the line last year, which bit them in the a** when injuries hit. And now, I can see them doing the same thing again this year because they're more interested in getting as many offensive weapons as they can, and don't believe in the saying "you win in the trenches". Any intelligent person with common sense would realize that if you want to make the most of your offensive weapons, you need a strong o-line to give the QB time.
I know, maybe we could trade Reek, Waddle and Tua for some O-linemen! Would you be happy then?

I know, maybe we could trade Reek, Waddle and Tua for some O-linemen! Would you be happy then?
Tyreek is good, but he became gimpy at the end of the year, and his off-field issues are a big distraction. Waddle is nothing special; there are plenty of WRs better than him. And, Tua is a system QB who has trouble seeing over the o-line, can't improvise when plays break down, and compared to previous years is playing scared, probably due to not wanting any more concussions.

So yes, I'd trade them for several competent o-linemen. They can easily be replaced, but in Miami, building a good o-line is far more difficult. In fact, I'd throw in McDaniel and Grier, but we'd probably have to pay someone to take those two.

I really like Xavier Legette in round 2. Number 55 is about where he is projected to be taken. He is 6'1 220 he ran a 4.39 at the combine and he was 2nd team SEC offense along with Brian Thomas. He had 71 receptions for 1255 yards and 7 TD's for South Carolina in 2023.

Another WR I like if we can acquire a 3rd round pick is Devontez Walker from North Carolina. He is 6'2 193 and he ran a 4.36 at the combine.

Ricky Pearsall is another potential 3rd round WR I am starting to like. He is 6'1 190 he ran a 4.41 and he had the best 3 cone time of any WR at the combine 6.40 which is a good indicator is separation ability.

As I see it, the problem with drafting a first round WR this year is that if he pans out you have to pay him. WE already have a lot tied up in salary's in the WR category and it's going to get worse when we have to re-sign The Penguin. Too much salary in one position especially at the WR position. I realize that Tyreek is intending to retire sooner than later but theres all that $$$ there.

Few fourth round picks become regular starters, especially at the skill positions, the percentage is very low. Calling a fourth rounder a "bust" is ridiculous and dumb. It is however a bonus when they succeed.

Last edited:
As I see it, the problem with drafting a first round WR this year is that if he pans out you have to pay him. WE already have a lot tied up in salary's in the WR category and it's going to get worse when we have to re-sign The Penguin. Too much salary in one position especially at the WR position. I realize that Tyreek is intending to retire sooner than later but theres all that $$$ there.
You don't have to "pay" him until '28 or '29 though and salary cap may well be north of $300 mil. by that point anyway. Last year's #21 pick had a cap hit under $3mil in '23. I think you can live with that. Tyreek will be off the books and banging fat skanks on Only Fans by that time just trying to make all his child support and bail payments.

Back
Top Bottom