Rumors Abound About A High End #3 WR For The Dolphins | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors Abound About A High End #3 WR For The Dolphins

He certainly has an upside, but a bit of a downside as well. Asthmatic and multiple injuries. I wouldn’t give up too much for him, but I do see the potential.
Yeah he's fallen out of favor for a reason. I love the upside though. His injuries have been really poorly timed, and to me seem more flukey and the type that are more the occupational hazard than what I would call "injury prone". For example
1. Guy hit crashed into his knee and caused a sprain late in camp last year- he was expected to miss 2 months, came back to practice after 12 days but was clearly limited until the titans put him on IR.
2. philly safety crashed into his head while he was laying out for a TD as a rookie
3. Laying out for a catch late against pit last year, getting flipped over and landing on his head.

I feel like a dejavu... every year is deep in WR.... :(
Yeah thats just what the experts say 🤷🏻‍♂️. Considering WR makes up the largest group of players in the nfl and they have the largest representation of any group in the NFL top 100 (21) , it makes sense.

I think he is my favorite WR we could realistically draft. He has the same size and athleticism as Deebo. He is also a decent returner. I think McDaniel could find a lot of ways to use him in our offense. It will be interesting to see where he is drafted because he is still raw as a receiver. I could see a team like the Chiefs taking a flyer on him late in the 1st round.
I agree about the Deebo comparison. Didn't Leggette and Deebo both go to South Carolina? Imagine adding a faster Deebo to our offense? He was also 2nd team All SEC Offense along with Brian Thomas.

Yeah thats just what the experts say 🤷🏻‍♂️. Considering WR makes up the largest group of players in the nfl and they have the largest representation of any group in the NFL top 100 (21) , it makes sense.
WRs are deep almost every year for a reason. Most college teams run passing offenses now. This wasn't true 30 years ago, and it's led to a much higher number of NFL ready WRs.

Yes WRs are important, but I'm not sure they are rare exactly.

Wrong
We need a fundamental change on offense

And if it means our third option gets more balls in certain games then so be it
The ball needs to be spread around

Tyreek will get his catches but him being the sole guy anymore must be over. Our offense doesn’t have lasting power throughout the season the way it is now
so i agree and disagree. spreading the ball around can also mean more throws to the TE, more to Waddle, and more to the RBs. but certainly less forcing it to tyreek. no idea if that is tua locking in on him, tua feeling pressure to throw to him, or that is what the scheme and play calling is. having said all of that, a better #3 receiver would also be a huge help, IF they actually start taking advantage of that. the defense can only focus on so many guys, so would think the 2nd and third options should really be open if they are decent players. then it would also help if there was better pass blocking and the ball didnt have to come out in two seconds

so i agree and disagree. spreading the ball around can also mean more throws to the TE, more to Waddle, and more to the RBs. but certainly less forcing it to tyreek. no idea if that is tua locking in on him, tua feeling pressure to throw to him, or that is what the scheme and play calling is. having said all of that, a better #3 receiver would also be a huge help, IF they actually start taking advantage of that. the defense can only focus on so many guys, so would think the 2nd and third options should really be open if they are decent players. then it would also help if there was better pass blocking and the ball didnt have to come out in two seconds
So basically you agree with me

It already is happening. The moves on the O-line are on paper moving toward more physical. You need the time in order to make your 3rd and 4th reads, the O was geared to overcome the line shortcomings. Also why a lot of those guys were allowed to walk, the line improvement really was a product of the quick tempo offensive passing game, this also opened up the running game.

The off-season moves tread toward a more traditional San Fran type offense, not so heavy on the quick reads and able to utilize the TE also. Smith will be a huge upgrade at TE this season, provided he is healthy.
what do you mean by "The moves on the O-line are on paper moving toward more physical." We lost 2 brawlers in Williams and Hunt, and added Brewer, who is quick and more of a finesse type. What am I missing?

what do you mean by "The moves on the O-line are on paper moving toward more physical." We lost 2 brawlers in Williams and Hunt, and added Brewer, who is quick and more of a finesse type. What am I missing?
Brewer is better than anything Miami lined up at Center last season after Williams went down. At this minute Williams isn't even considering football, one would have to consider his health at this point, if he does return he can move back to guard and you'd instantly upgrade the interior over last year.

Hunt was overrated, you watch, he will not be what he was last season, they way overpaid from him so retaining him was silly at that cost. I guess the proper term would be "give the O more time to pass and run" and not "physical", physical implies inline mauler types with straight abilities, I am suggesting the new line can give Tua more throwing time and the running game more time for play development. Still a speed based offense but more similar to a San Fran O and not the 2sec anticipation O of last season.

Also Smith at TE will help with this as well, he is a better blocker than anyone outside of Smyth but more athletic.

I would only consider renfrow as well we might be able to do something with that skill set, the rest are has beens and never been
I agree. Tua and Mike McDaniel can make the offense functionally effective with any set of decent WRs. IMO. Granted, with Hill and Waddle as WR1 and WR2, the offense is very explosive and dynamic. Top 1-2 in the league. But, if the WR1 and 2 were for example, Berrios and Renfrow, Tua and Mike together could still lead an offense that was middle of the pack among NFL offenses. Nowhere close to as many big plays of course, but Mike would still come up with plays to matriculate the ball down the field, as long as he had Tua as his trigger man. Mike is a mad scientist when designing plays that work for the talent he has on hand.

It looks like Tyler Lockett is way too expensive this year, but I doubt Seattle will pay up on him next year as his numbers go through the roof. Maybe Seattle would trade him after June 1 if the numbers work out.

Back
Top Bottom