Rumors in Miami. Multiple #Dolphins players reached out to their agents after the team's ugly 59-10 loss to request trades | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors in Miami. Multiple #Dolphins players reached out to their agents after the team's ugly 59-10 loss to request trades

I've no doubt Ross wants to win and wants to build the brand. He just doesn't make good decisions. He just doesn't know how to pick people. His choice for coaches have been safe picks in the sense that two of the guys were just plucked from successful franchises trying to emulate their success and one was the hot ticket "genius" who made his name by coaching the best QB in league history at coaching himself. We've really never seen a guy who won the coaching job based on his own merits, and thus we haven't really had a guy who has been able to command a locker room.

Flores may have been closer to that guy than the previous two, but his own bad decision making is going to do him in.
People used to complain about Huizenga who actually hired Jimmy, Saban & Parcells. While they didn’t win a super bowl, those are really solid hires.

Stop watching the games. Don’t go to the games. The stadium should be empty. Show your displeasure with the product by not buying it.
Why? This is what most of us wanted. Stop the half measures. Stop pretending we're a player away. Yes, the outcome is a joke. Flores should be worried, he still needs to prove he can be an NFL coach and get a team to play well together. We knew the roster would be bad though, so boycotting does nothing, they already know that they are bad and that we won't enjoy this season, but this is a sacrifice towards the future.

Players: “This team sucks. We want out.”

Fans: “Screw those ungrateful SOBs. Cut them now.”

Players: “Uh, ok.”

Only thing funnier is debating whether the worst loss in decades is really a harbinger of a bad season or just a fluke— funny because the season was over before it even began (you’re just not allowed to say it because that wouldn’t be sporting or honorable or something).

Why? This is what most of us wanted. Stop the half measures. Stop pretending we're a player away. Yes, the outcome is a joke. Flores should be worried, he still needs to prove he can be an NFL coach and get a team to play well together. We knew the roster would be bad though, so boycotting does nothing, they already know that they are bad and that we won't enjoy this season, but this is a sacrifice towards the future.

They all want a winning team, play off berts, championships. But of course they don't even have the stomachs to go through the pain. One game and they're already screaming for their momma's.

Weak!

Players: “This team sucks. We want out.”

Fans: “Screw those ungrateful SOBs. Cut them now.”

Players: “Uh, ok.”

Only thing funnier is debating whether the worst loss in decades is really a harbinger of a bad season or just a fluke— funny because the season was over before it even began (you’re just not allowed to say it because that wouldn’t be sporting or honorable or something).

I could never root for players with that kind of mentality.
Do they have any idea how most folks live and work?
How hard most people work for compensation that's beyond laughable?
How most people will never be able to sleep well at night knowing their next paycheck will not cover their expenses?

Outside of Jones, I can't imagine X or one of our young guys that would be requesting this. Besides those guys, everyone else is just temporary filler until they're replaced.

It's hard to take this seriously. Here's why. All the players who deserve better … are gone. The players we have now are either very young, or fringe NFL players. The fact they WANT to go to a better team is somewhat laughable, because they'd be cut from those other teams in many cases.

So who is it that wants out … Eric Rowe? (atrocious game), Reshad Jones? (albatross contract), Raekwon McMillan? (lucky to be starting), Jerome Baker? (terrible defending the run), Julie'n Davenport? (struggled and just got moved on from a team who valued two 1sts and a 2nd to replace him), Kenyan Drake? (ineffective today) ….. who else might even potentially feel they would be valued more highly elsewhere?

This is a non-story. Every player thinks they're on the verge of greatness, almost all of them are incredibly wrong about their own ability. They may want a better team … but no better team wants them, or if they do, they only want them as a backup. We know X. is committed, ditto for both Fitzpatricks and McCain. Rosen would be a fool to want out, because he's not getting a shot anywhere else. Ballage wouldn't start anywhere in the NFL. None of the TE's wants anything other than to play. Most of our OL have been journeymen and understand they're lucky to be here with a shot at starting. Most of our DL realize they're not getting a chance to start anywhere else.

It's early days. Rather than worrying about keeping people WANTING to be here, those players need to be worrying about being cut, because we'll be cutting a LOT of players next offseason, and most will not be picked up by another NFL team. We're not bad solely because of coaching …. this roster lacks talent. The players on this roster should be thankful to have a shot at proving themselves in the NFL. If they're not, they'll figure it out when they're looking for a job and watching from home on TV every Sunday.

This is hysterical. I have so many posts. Let's start.
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA.....is that enough...wait ill add...SKY FALLING...SKY FALLING...
Did I cover it?
Wait I got more
Everyone who said Rosen, Wilkins, minkah is a failure....OMG your right!!!!
Death, world ending, the worst in history.
Ok we good? Need more? Lol life hasn't ended or changed in any way. This is and always was a rebuild year. If this game makes your life so hard jets are accepting apps.

I believe the report has some truth behind it, as a player I understand how you have a short life span in the league and to be faced with the reality that you will not be competitive for 2-3 years can be disheartening.

As a fan I understand the teams rebuild philosophy and the approach required.

What I am very concerned with is Flores....it seems he has credibility issues based on what he has said then done.
Also realistically you can be a bad team, you can be in a rebuild mode and still be competitive they dont have to be mutually exclusive.

This franchise has the stinch of a bad organization and runs the risk of a top talent pulling an Elway or Manning on them having the no.1 pick in todays sports world doesn't mean you have all the leverage.

The Dolphins made no secret they were gping to take the long hard road, fans should not be surprised.

Players should not either, though again I understand their dilemma career wise.

This was an embarrassment either way todays loss, what needs to be determined is will Flores be the right coach to bring this team through the darkness and back into the spotlight of the NFL.

F
They all want a winning team, play off berts, championships. But of course they don't even have the stomachs to go through the pain. One game and they're already screaming for their momma's.

Weak!
No worries...Flores will rid the cancer. So pathetic if this report is true smfh

There is no truth behind this at all. All 53 on our roster are lucky to be on the field. This is click bait haters are trying to lock onto to hate

They are all in denial. Just look at tunsil. Posters said it wasn’t true. Then it happened and it’s a great trade.
I am sure this is true. Some of these people won’t believe anything because Flores is such a great defense coach blah blah.

Even Greg cote who is very respected in miAmi media said players were rolling their eyes at Flores when he was addressing them after game.
I bet Jones wants out , maybe mikah, maybe, Albert Wilson, drake. I am just guessing but I bet it’s true.

Ross and Grier are awful. This plan sucked from the start. Only saving grace that I think is the two veteran personal guys we got from Oakland and buffalo. They should take over. Grier sucks.

But posters here will continue to be in denial and claim everything is fine. The rumors are not true.

Jones - he's practically unmovable. He would already be gone otherwise.
Minkah - a lot of second year players have made more impact plays in one game than Minkah has made in his career. There are lots of highly drafted secondary busts (most of them by the Jets) on the street right now.
Albert Wilson - this guy may never play football at a high level consistently again. He suffered an injury that kills the careers of many athletes and played about 5 snaps before having to leave
Drake - most teams would love to have this guy as a third RB. He's not special. The 49ers cut better RB's than Drake.

Here is what I saw: Albert Wilson threw a mini-fit after yet another no-gain pass to the perimeter got blown up. Then he was injured supposedly. He NEEDS numbers for his next contract. He is not getting them with the current state of the OL. I bet he is on the list of players questioning the team, because it directly affects his next contract.

Here is what else I saw: I don't agree with Ryan F starting, but the guy was a tough old man. He took a beating and kept trying. Side note: apparently he either completes a pass for a TFL or 30+ yards. There is no in between.

final thought: I cannot disagree more with what the FO did by blowing up BOTH lines after the final cut downs. If you count moving positions, we had THREE new starters from preseason #3. Then, you cut DL beef like A Washington and Spence.... and you cut your only marginal edge player in Orchard. And, it was all for street trash. Straight up street trash.

F

No worries...Flores will rid the cancer. So pathetic if this report is true smfh

It infuriates me when we act like players ticked off at being part of an org so bad we got beat by 50 points are "cancers". Raise your hand if you'd be happy with this. Our coach's only claim to fame is that he's been part of the Patriots, which has actually spelled doom for every coach coming from that tree. He tries to say he wants to be his own man and then has players watch Patriot film to learn how to play like them. The team has made it abundantly clear they're rebuilding yet we're riding with a 15 year veteran QB who makes mistakes like a rookie and hasn't earned anything with his play.

I wouldn't want players who weren't bothered by this crap.

Back
Top Bottom