Running on fumes the saga continues.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running on fumes the saga continues..

It's still preseason and the playbook is only cracked. Also, we have no Clay to Moreno so that cuts off opportunities. Plus, the OL is about getting reps together and ironing stuff out. If by the bye week we still aren't running Ill then be ticked/nervous. However , if we aren't running well but passing is lights out and we're winning I won't care one bit.

It's still preseason and the playbook is only cracked. Also, we have no Clay to Moreno so that cuts off opportunities. Plus, the OL is about getting reps together and ironing stuff out. If by the bye week we still aren't running Ill then be ticked/nervous. However , if we aren't running well but passing is lights out and we're winning I won't care one bit.

If we keep hitting for 7-9 yards on first down, our run O is designed for 3 yds a pop.

I havent seen this mentioned yet so I will throw it out there. There was talk a week or so ago that cut blocking will be a big part of our Oline blocking. I havent seen that yet except for a few plays. It could be that we are not showing our hand before the Patriot game on how our Oline will handle the Patriots front. I know some will hear this as an excuse and maybe Im just hopeful. I think its still too early to be excited or worried about anything really. Another thing we dont know is whether our Olineman watched film to prepare for the oppositions Dline or whether the Dline of the other team watched film of our lineman (from game 1 obviously).

When Moreno plays, I think people will finally see how subpar Miller really is.
No, when Moreno plays, you`ll get to see how subpar Moreno really is...

Am I missing something that shows Moreno as being this game changing back....didn't he have only one season of moderate success with the NFL's most prolific offense?

Am I missing something that shows Moreno as being this game changing back....didn't he have only one season of moderate success with the NFL's most prolific offense?

I don't think Moreno is anything special at all, but the thinking is that he's better at inside zone runs than Lamar Miller, and that's what our offense needs in the running game.

Keeping RB's almost seems like a waste of the roster. I would keep the rookies Darkwa and the guy from OK, and Miller. Look for a big back at the cuts. Our talent is either unproven or underwhelming. Keep an extra WR or two.

I agree with everything, but this most of all.

Knowshon may be the best pass blocker. But Williams seems to offer utility and speed. I don't see utility with Miller. And let's be clear, none of these guys are power guys.

In my opinion, we have marginal talent at RB. But we have an absolute bumper crop of WR2's - WR4's. I really hope we keep 6 WRs this year. The passing game is the perverted strength of our offense. It's not even close. Our OL excel at pass blocking, but are average/medicore as a run blocking unit. Our RBs are great catching the ball and working in open space. But can't run between the tackles. And we have about 8 WRs that most teams would put on their 53.

I mentioned a few days ago, we should keep 8 WRs and 2 RBs on our 53. Then attempt to trade 2 of the WRs for a RB and/or LB. Our WRs are the assets we must protect in cuts. Last year we foolishly only kept 4 and watched a few guys get picked up after cuts.

I don't care how vital our RBs is to Lazor's scheme, we simply don't have any. And we don't have an OL that can make them great assets. However, we could find a LB or RB that could upgrade what we have and leverage our WRs to our best ability.

I see Carolina as a prime candidate for such a move. They have a strong running game, great defense and NO WRs except two WR3 playing the role of WR1 and WR2. They are absolutely bare at WR.

I would not fret over losing any of our RBs. But I would be extremely disappointed to not leverage this extremely deep collection of WRs to help us manufacture better options at LB and RB.

If Sims and/or a healthy Lynch can up their blocking games, installing Moreno, a very good blocking back in the backfield and replacing Dallas Thomas might work wonders .

Back
Top Bottom