Running QB's on the decline | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running QB's on the decline

Yes, but Manning is still playing...McNab isn't. Manning broke Marinos records, McNab didn't. Manning will win the SB this year, McNab wont be playing.

The point is running QB's cannot win consistently or PERSISTENTLY. The eagles went to 4 Division Championships you say........?????? What happened in those games?

What type of QB beat them eh????????

phinfreak said:
Yes, but Manning is still playing...McNab isn't. Manning broke Marinos records, McNab didn't. Manning will win the SB this year, McNab wont be playing.

The point is running QB's cannot win consistently or PERSISTENTLY. The eagles went to 4 Division Championships you say........?????? What happened in those games?

What type of QB beat them eh????????

Manning might win a superbowl.

Pocket passers get hurt, look at leftwich. Pocket passer, got hurt.

The Eagles went to 4 division championships in a row. That is more consistant than the Colts who didn't go to three division championships in a row. That is still winning.

phinMikeDC said:
No doubt, I'd only take Manning and possibly Brady before him.

You do realize both Manning and Brady (both of which you would prefer) are pocket passers right?

McNabb doesn't have 3 pretty dam good reciever's either.

He was in the SB last year??

....I know I'll take some flack for this but I think Stokley would be a secound reciever on most other teams in the NFL.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Manning might win a superbowl.

Pocket passers get hurt, look at leftwich. Pocket passer, got hurt.

The Eagles went to 4 division championships in a row. That is more consistant than the Colts who didn't go to three division championships in a row. That is still winning.

Ok...all QB's get hurt. Running QB's get hurt more and can't win SB's.

They can win playoffs though!!!

The SB winning QB this year (as well as last year, and the years before that) will be a pocket passer.

Lappy said:
McNabb doesn't have 3 pretty dam good reciever's either.

He was in the SB last year??

....I know I'll take some flack for this but I think Stokley would be a secound reciever on most other teams in the NFL.

He had T friggin O for God Sakes. And still couldn't win the SB. Without TO this year...well look for yourself!

phinfreak said:
He had T friggin O for God Sakes. And still couldn't win the SB. Without TO this year...well look for yourself!

what about the years before TO? TO didn't play in the championship game.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
what about the years before TO? TO didn't play in the championship game.

Yes...and they still lost! What is the constant? Clue: Running QB.

phinfreak said:

Has Manning been able to beat that very same Pats defense in the playoffs? NO.

Dude, you contradict yourself over and over.

If McNabb is a running QB than so is Big Ben, because Big Ben ran more often and threw less passes these last two years than McNabb has.

Plummer also ran more times these last two years than McNabb.

phinfreak said:
Yes...and they still lost! What is the constant? Clue: Running QB.

It wasn't the lack of big time reciever or quality "RUNNING" back?

shellgh0st said:
Has Manning been able to beat that very same Pats defense in the playoffs? NO.

Dude, you contradict yourself over and over.

If McNabb is a running QB than so is Big Ben, because Big Ben ran more often and threw less passes these last two years than McNabb has.

Plummer also ran more times these last two years than McNabb.

Wrong...

BTW...Manning couldn't beat NE in the playoffs but what type of QB won that game? Running or pocket passer? Point made.

Rothlesberger is as much a running QB as McNab is a pocket passer.

It's one thing to avoid a blitz, another to have the instinct and tendency to tuck and run.

In 9 games this season McNabb threw 40 passes a game and ran it 2.7 times a game. Wow, that totally looks like a running QB to me.

Last year, in 15 games McNabb threw it 31 times a game and ran it 2.73 times a game.

If you think that is a running QB you just dont know football.

phinfreak said:

TO had a broken leg and didn't play the playoffs and he still made the big game!

and you answered my question give a guy like McNabb some recievers and this thread reads very differently!

phinfreak said:
Wrong...

BTW...Manning couldn't beat NE in the playoffs but what type of QB won that game? Running or pocket passer? Point made.

It's one thing to avoid a blitz, another to have the instinct and tendency to tuck and run.

Shouldn't the better pocket passer WIN THE GAME. And according to you Mannning is the better pocket passer.

"In order:

P Manning
Brady
C Palmer
Rothlesberger
Drew Brees
Jake Plummer
Culpepper
Favre
Vick
McNabb" - Phinfreak

phinfreak said:
Wrong...

I think I get it, white QBs who run MORE THAN black QBs are simply 'mobile' however black QBs who run LESS often than white QBs are 'running QBs'

Is this where you explain to us that guys like culpepper, McNabb, Vick, McNair, Leftwich cant read a defense?

seriously dude, THAT is how you are coming off.

To claim Plummer is not a running QB and McNabb who ran less often these last two seasons IS a running QB is VERY suspect.

Back
Top Bottom