Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him?

I'd trade 3 first round picks for him, but not 4.

The Dolphins have been lost in the wilderness for 2 decades because they haven't had a franchise QB. Wilson is a HOF QB.

He would BE the rebuild.

We all want the Dolphins to find the next great QB this year or next, but the odds would not be in our favor unfortunately. Trading for Wilson would be one of the most surefire ways to get a franchise QB because he is a known quantity... All the others would be a roll of the dice.

I'll accept franchise. Elite? Ummm, no

I would not give up multiple first round picks for him. This team is not a QB away from contending and they can't afford $30 million a year while they are trying to become a contending team. Giving away multiple first round picks just delays the rebuild further.

Also, he is on the wrong side of 30 for a team that is just starting a rebuild. By the time the rest of the roster is in place he will more than likely be on the decline, if this OL doesn't get him killed first. And then you would be back at square one looking for a franchise QB.

Giving up 3 or 4 #1 picks for Russell Wilson at this point is not worth the cost, when you weight how void the rest of Miami's roster is currently. If Miami's roster was closer to winning or has been winning but was missing a QB like Wilson as the final piece, perhaps then who'd pull the trigger. But again giving up that much capital does come with significant risk.

I'd rather trade up for Haskins, Wilson is overrated and people will realize that if he dares to leave a running QB's paradise in Seattle.

Haskins is much more talented than RW with far greater upside, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up a better pro than Murray and everyone else in the class.

Then there's the 2020 class to consider...

I love Haskins too, but he doesn’t make me not wanna give up future capital to lock down Wilson

I’ll disagree w/ most of what you said. Once you add RW on this team you will likely never pick top 10 again.

Would I trade our next four first round picks for him? Literally 100/100

Having an elite QB like him on the field will make y’all laugh those picks right off. He’ll show you how much closer you are to actually competing

He’s the most conditioned QB in the league, takes care of his body, and has said he sees himself playing another 15 years, and he’s a proven top 10 (and if we’re being real, borderline top 5) QB in this league

I’ll trade four first round picks for that guy. Yup

My question is why?
Why have a thread on every player that is rumored to be available.
Especially a QB who has been around awhile and is going to demand $ 25- $ 30 mil a season, when we are rebuilding for the future.
Why??!!

He’s the most conditioned QB in the league, takes care of his body, and has said he sees himself playing another 15 years, and he’s a proven top 10 (and if we’re being real, borderline top 5) QB in this league

I’ll trade four first round picks for that guy. Yup
he wont last 5 years behind this oline.

I really do like Russell Wilson. But FOUR first-round picks and that salary? No. There is a specific reason there's smoke around this...Seattle may be one of the first to do what I've been preaching from the mountaintop about for the past six months: The QB rookie wage scale is criminally underutilized. If someone meets or comes close to that asking price, Seattle can invest multiple picks over the next three years at the QB position.

No way is anyone giving up 3 or 4 1st rounders for RW. I would like him but no where near that.

Have you seen his o-line in Seattle? Lol. He’s the one QB you really can’t make that argument about
People think every team has a great O line and Miami just happens to have the worst every year. Any line would look bad with Tannebot back there downloading the manual while rushers bear down on him.

Wilson, I agree is a bit overrated. But, he is light years better than anyone we have had since Dan, and he carried that bad Seattle team this year.

Back
Top Bottom