Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him?

I love Haskins too, but he doesn’t make me not wanna give up future capital to lock down Wilson

I’ll disagree w/ most of what you said. Once you add RW on this team you will likely never pick top 10 again.

Would I trade our next four first round picks for him? Literally 100/100

Having an elite QB like him on the field will make y’all laugh those picks right off. He’ll show you how much closer you are to actually competing

Don't forget HC. How well do you think Wilson would have done with Philbin and Gase. He may have won more games, but get Miami to the SB or conference title? No way. For now, no one knows what Flores is. I'm guardedly optimisitc, but if he's the next Philbin, Wilson will retire before Ross dumps him. I may give a 1st for Wilson, but above that? No thanks.

Have you seen his o-line in Seattle? Lol. He’s the one QB you really can’t make that argument about
He's not getting any younger. I don't care how he feels or how much he works out. Father time will catch up faster as he ages. He won't be able to keep up the scrambling as he's done in Seattle.

Also, Miami's oline is worse than Seattles.

I'd give a 1st and a 2nd, max. But his pay will be too expensive. Hard pass for me. Would be a way different story if QB was the only piece Miami needed to compete deep into the playoffs.

People think every team has a great O line and Miami just happens to have the worst every year. Any line would look bad with Tannebot back there downloading the manual while rushers bear down on him.

Wilson, I agree is a bit overrated. But, he is light years better than anyone we have had since Dan, and he carried that bad Seattle team this year.

Bad Seattle team? They had the best rushing attack in the NFL by a wide margin and were one of the better defenses in the league last year.

I guess for Wilson that's a downgrade, because he's accustomed to having one of the best rushing attacks AND the very best defense in the NFL, with one of the leagues best coaches.

That is how they won their only SB after all, all he needed to do was take care of the football and let Marshawn and that historically great defense do the rest, what an elite QB :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Don't forget HC. How well do you think Wilson would have done with Philbin and Gase. He may have won more games, but get Miami to the SB or conference title? No way. For now, no one knows what Flores is. I'm guardedly optimisitc, but if he's the next Philbin, Wilson will retire before Ross dumps him. I may give a 1st for Wilson, but above that? No thanks.

Well.. you see we don’t have philbin or gase anymore. So I don’t care how he would have done under them or how that’s relative to our future

He's not getting any younger. I don't care how he feels or how much he works out. Father time will catch up faster as he ages. He won't be able to keep up the scrambling as he's done in Seattle.

Also, Miami's oline is worse than Seattles.

I'd give a 1st and a 2nd, max. But his pay will be too expensive. Hard pass for me. Would be a way different story if QB was the only piece Miami needed to compete deep into the playoffs.

Lol one may be green, one may be brown, but comparing Seattle’s and Miami’s offensive lines - they are both still turds.

Let’s not act like Russ has had it made in Seattle recently on offense. They had some peak years, but those have been gone.

This has been my go to for the last 3 years, ill give seattle our next 3 1st rounders.. and in exchange we get something we have not had in 25 years... a constant ticket to the playoffs

This has been my go to for the last 3 years, ill give seattle our next 3 1st rounders.. and in exchange we get something we have not had in 25 years... a constant ticket to the playoffs

Ding ding ding

No one would be thinking about those picks two years from now

Ask NE about the importance of first round picks

I was calling for Miami to draft him instead of the clown they did. Of course, I would want him here in a heartbeat.

It would be shocking if Seattle doesn't hold on to him. Elite QBs are hard to come by. And Russell is definitely elite by anyone's standards other than a personal bias.

Having said that I think the better option given the state of the Dolphins would be to intentionally, I mean unintentionally, secure the #1 pick in the draft next year and draft Tua.

Lol one may be green, one may be brown, but comparing Seattle’s and Miami’s offensive lines - they are both still turds.

Let’s not act like Russ has had it made in Seattle recently on offense. They had some peak years, but those have been gone.

The 6th ranked scoring offense is now a turd? Where exactly does that put Miami muchless the other teams from 7 to 10?

Misleading thread title as this is nothing more than a what if written by salary cap watchers who worry more about contracts than wins. He'll get his contract. If not, I'd give up whatever it takes to land him AND pay him.

Back
Top Bottom