Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him?

Whatever, what makes Wilson "elite" is the fact he doesn't have to throw it very often and can rely upon his defense and running game to win football games.

Miami needs a ton of work in the run game and on defense, because it's not just about running the ball but it's about running the ball effectively and they have 3 studs at HB who ALL averaged some ridiculous s*** like 4.4 yards a clip.

Without the help he's accustomed to RW would look far from "elite" in Miami or anywhere else without these things in place, I f****** dare him to leave the comfy confines of Seattle, that would awesome but I think he's too smart to let that happen when push comes to shove.

Please stop. You are making everyone on this board dumber. Russell took a **** team to the playoffs last year. Seattle's under on their win total was a popular bet by professionals. They far exceeded expectations.

He had 35 TDs and 7 ints for Christ sakes.

Not because I really want to get into a "who's O-Line was shittier" debate...but I'm pretty sure that Seattle ran more than anyone in the NFL last year, and it wasn't close.

Not that that makes Seattle's pass blocking any better, but at least they were smart enough to not keep doing stuff they were bad at.

Please stop. You are making everyone on this board dumber. Russell took a **** team to the playoffs last year. Seattle's under on their win total was a popular bet by professionals. They far exceeded expectations.

He had 35 TDs and 7 ints for Christ sakes.

They were not a s*** team last year (Miami was), not with that ascending defense with Wagner in the middle and 3 backs averaging 4.4 yards a clip with that many attempts.

Last edited:
Pat Mahomes is a once a generation talent. No qb will be as good as him for many, many years.

I don't think many, many years is that far off.... considering your dude Trevor is coming out in a few years

Not because I really want to get into a "who's O-Line was ****tier" debate...but I'm pretty sure that Seattle ran more than anyone in the NFL last year, and it wasn't close.

Not that that makes Seattle's pass blocking any better, but at least they were smart enough to not keep doing stuff they were bad at.

Actually Baltimore had a few more attempts, but nobody had the 3 headed monster at HB like they did last year and they had the most rushing yards.

There's something to be said about people game planning to stop your run game, and physically not being able to do so.

Imo Pete Carroll is a great H.C, and RW like TB benefits from that greatly.

I'm afraid to look again. Has FOUR 1st round picks ACTUALLY been discussed here?

IMG_4288.jpg

They were not a s*** team last year, not with that ascending defense with Wagner in the middle and 3 backs averaging 4.4 yards a clip with that many attempts.

Their defense was 16 in total defense while Seattle's offense had the 7 best time of possession. ascending defense it was not. I cant believe we are even discussing whether Russell Wilson is an elite QB or not.

Then get him and let Miami's decent run blocking OL work.

Miami and Seattle had just as bad pass blocking efficiency OLs last year and Wilson had 35 touchdowns and 7 picks to go along with the 3rd best rating in the NFL at 110, not to mention a 8.1 YPA which correlates to winning games btw. Miami's crumbled and played like a high school kid for 80% of the season. Miami's OL, if they were given the same amount of attempts, would've had a good run blocking stat on paper as well. They allowed the running backs to go for 4.7 up, down from the elite OL in Seattle that allowed 4.8. To act like an elite qb would fail behind an identical OL is a hilariously bad take.

Brother, you are right on everything Wilson. The guy is a beast.

But what is a hilariously bad take is discussing multiple first round picks for a 30 year old QB on a rebuilding team. It really doesn't get worse than that.

Miami also had 3 backs averaging 4.4 yards a clip....too bad nothing came of it.

Lol...

Chris Carson:
  • ATT
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG
Rashaad Penny:
  • ATT
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG
Mike Davis:
ATT - 112
YDS - 514
TD - 4
AVG - 4.6

Ballage:
  • ATT
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG
Drake:
  • ATT
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG
Gore:
ATT - 156
YDS - 722
TD - 0
AVG - 4.6

Actually Baltimore had a few more attempts, but nobody had the 3 headed monster at HB like they did last year and they had the most rushing yards.

There's something to be said about people game planning to stop your run game, and physically not being able to do so.

Imo Pete Carroll is a great H.C, and RW like TB benefits from that greatly.

I should have been more specific. I was referring to run/pass percentage. Seattle was far and away the leader in that as far as run percentage. The gap between 32 and 31 was greater than any of the next 30 increments.

Lol...

Chris Carson:
  • ATT
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG
Rashaad Penny:
  • ATT
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG
Mike Davis:
ATT - 112
YDS - 514
TD - 4
AVG - 4.6

Ballage:
  • ATT
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG
Drake:
  • ATT
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG
Gore:
ATT - 156
YDS - 722
TD - 0
AVG - 4.6

Lol...

You kept harping on yards per carry multiple times in fact. If you meant to harp on rushing yards shoulda said so from the beginning.

Last edited:
Lol...

You kept harping on yards per carry multiple times in fact...if you meant to harp on rushing yards shoulda said so from the beginning.

oWUuoMf.gif

Be real, the bottom line is they were a far more effective team at running the ball last year than us, I mean just look at the TD's, yards and attempts for starters.

There defense was also much better than ours, they were 11th in points per game compared to our 27th ranking, and they have a HoFer at Mike with 2 other good LBs in Wright and Kendricks. Not to mention Frank Clarks 14 sacks, pick and 4 forced fumbles...

Be real, the bottom line is they were a far more effective team at running the ball last year than us, I mean just look at the TD's, yards and attempts for starters.

There defense was also much better than ours, they were 11th in points per game compared to our 27th ranking, and they have a HoFer at Mike with 2 other good LBs in Wright and Kendricks. Not to mention Frank Clarks 14 sacks, pick and 4 forced fumbles...

So because they had a better run game and better defense than the mighty dolphins last year, Russell Wilson isnt a very good QB? Is that what you are spouting off about? Is that the hill you want to die on?

He threw for 34 TDs and 3,900 yards the year before last. Where is that run game argument for that year?

Back
Top Bottom