Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him?

So because they had a better run game and better defense than the mighty dolphins last year, Russell Wilson isnt a very good QB? Is that what you are spouting off about? Is that the hill you want to die on?

He threw for 34 TDs and 3,900 yards the year before last. Where is that run game argument for that year?

No playoffs, RW isn't an elite QB because he needs a great defense and run game to be elite, like most good/very good QB's. And he comes up small in the playoffs...

No playoffs, RW isn't an elite QB because he needs a great defense and run game to be elite, like most good/very good QB's. And he comes up small in the playoffs...

Haha ok. The Seahawks have made the playoffs every year he's been there except 2016. 6 out of 7 years. Dan Marino didnt make it to the playoffs every year either. He's been to two super bowls and won one. So him being bad in the playoffs isn't holding any water either.

Wait so you're using team accomplishment to determine individual success? Kind like the people who use Super Bowls "team accomplishment" to determine QB success? That's interesting.

Funny thing is -- everyone's definition of "elite" (as it pertains to a QB) is so subjective

it's rather cliche. Same with the "franchise" rating. Tried to explore this a bit in a different

thread and it's interesting how some folks get uncomfortable outside the normal labels.

Forgive me. Just thinking out loud via my fingers...

That said. I think you can reasonably make the SAME assertion you made re Wilson for Brady

and probably several other supposed "elite" QBs.

My opinion. Of course.

Russell Wilson is an elite QB. By every measurable statistic, by the eye test, by accomplishments...I could list them but it'd be pointless.

Russell Wilson is not over rated. The problem is that proven qbs are now overpriced. You pay a guy $30mm in the NFL and you cant field a team around him.

Teams are all going to go in on the rookie qb movement because of this. Its either that you overpay for a proven qb or get a young phenom who you hope can win you a championship.

Russel wilson was one of the first young qbs that got GMs to start thinking this way.

Russell Wilson is an elite QB. By every measurable statistic, by the eye test, by accomplishments...I could list them but it'd be pointless.

Depends on how you define elite, for such an amazing player you would imagine he wouldn't have so many ugly games in the playoffs but he does, good thing for Seattle the defense and Marshawn gifted THE TEAM one. My best friend and I had a similar argument about PM and TB back in the day, I always argued TB was better because Manning CHOCKED in the playoffs, even my boy says I won that one now, the playoffs is what really counts. He got me on Foles Vs. Tannehill though, f*** that clutch gangly f*** lol.

Last edited:
Is this what it has come to?

In what world is Russel Wilson not a top level QB?

His stats over his career would indicate that he is...

The fact he has been the QB of a team that has NEVER HAD A LOSING SEASON...

Could it be the two Super Bowl appearances?

Could it be the the Super Bowl win?

If we can look at just last season with mediocre receiving core at best?

For ****s Sake!

Sometimes it feels like a circle jerk of ignorance...

I’d rather not get my qb opinions from someone who thinks Tann is da man...... RW stats don’t lie.

Last edited:
Or we could just suck one year which is where we are headed and get Tua. We then get a 22 year old on a rookie contract and have 3 first round pick still in our pocket.

I’m not as high on Tua as others and I would take the already proven elite player. But I get the line of thinking

4 #1 picks? Really OP?

Yup yup. I would pay that for an elite QB here long term no doubt.

W/ Russ here those are all likely to be back end of the first picks anyways. Not an issue to me

If you believe that Russell Wilson is elite, then it punches a pretty big hole in the "Elite QB's guarantee success" story. Yes, he has a ring, but only one over 7 years and it required a damned good team all around him too. Either there are a LOT of elite QB's out there (other teams seem to be on TV that last weekend of play) or other factors than elite QB have a bigger impact than people are allowing for.

If Seattle doesn't meet his pay demands, that is pretty telling that they think as good as he is (and they know him better than anyone else), the mix of his skills and paycheck aren't enough to reach the super bowl. What's going to happen to a team that meets his new pay demands and doesn't already have the rest of the pieces locked down?

One important point: second place is the most successful loser in pro football. With RW, you will always have a shot at the playoffs. But that is NOT the objective. That's the consolation prize.

People would rather gamble on unknowns rather than take a known quantity.
You damn right I'd try to trade for RW. It would be dumb not to try for a reasonable trade. Four first round picks might be a bit extreme.

Reactions: A1.
I don't think many, many years is that far off.... considering your dude Trevor is coming out in a few years

I'll never expect a qb to have that type of start to a career he did. Only him and Marino had yet 2 starts like that. Absolutely phenomenal skills.

Trevor is going to be a monster too, but I'll never compare him to Pat until he proves it in the NFL

Back
Top Bottom