Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him?

No... just no.

I NEVER want a QB who runs the ball. It is difficult enough to keep your QB healthy in the NFL, and older running QBs are... well, worthless.
I'm not buying the Murray hype, I thought RG3 was a bum... give me a QB who remains in the backfield.
rg3 was not bum. he was rookie of yr. when last time any dolphins was rookie of yr.rg3 was hurt after his first yr. he could never return. at leased man made playoff one time w his team. Gruden try make man out of pocket qb. he knew rg3 was going fail. gruden got back at RG3 for getting mike Shananhan fired.

The article or convo was about 2-3 numbers 1s......4? Are you kidding me lol, hell no.

Yeah let's trade 4 number 1s for guy who was drafted in the 3rd round.

I know it's hard to do but we need to build this team through the draft and identify our own studs in the later rounds.

Trading 3-4 numbers ones for him with the roster we have is absolutely retarded. That would basically guarantee that we don't win anything for the foreseeable future.

The article or convo was about 2-3 numbers 1s......4? Are you kidding me lol, hell no.

I know it's hard to do but we need to build this team through the draft and identify our own studs in the later rounds.

Trading 3-4 numbers ones for him with the roster we have is absolutely retarded. That would basically guarantee that we don't win anything for the foreseeable future.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round in the 2000 draft... would you have traded 4 1st rounders for him in 2007? You probably would have said no, but given he still plays at an MVP level 12 years later, in hindsight anyone would have given that much for Brady.

Not saying Wilson is in same class as Brady, but he is easily a HOF QB with plenty of good years left.

4 1st rounders is tough to swallow, but I would easily give 3, considering this year’s draft isn’t that strong and we’d be looking to get a QB with one of these first rounders anyway, so it would really be like only giving up 2 additional 1st rounders with that in mind.

I didn’t expect the four first rounder thing to be a popular opinion

But those saying it’s “way too much”... what do you think an elite QB costs? Do we really forget just how important a QB is?

It’s the same fan base that thought we could win w/ Rya..... oh never mind.

What the hell does it matter where he was drafted? Is a top 5 QB more top 5 if he was drafted in the 1st round? Are Drew Brees and Tom Brady lesser QB's because they weren't 1st round QBs?

You do realize his line in Seattle is worse than Miamis?

It's just our qb was oblivious to pressure.

You obviously don’t realize that Seattle had the #1 rushing offense in the league in football in 18 and the qb didn’t even do much of it.

Part of the reason the oc was fired in Seattle was because Pete Carroll wanted a more run heavy offensive emphasis by design. And again the QBs legs weren’t a big part of it.

This fan base is... I don't know the word.

The owner himself said on camera how long and arduous this road might be and that they are ready for 3-13 if need be.

The front office has acted accordingly gutting this thing, fixing the cap, acquiring- even paying- for future picks.

And now you guys are actually discussing the less than likely instant gratification of Wilson? And worse, willing to part with 2, 3, 4 first rounders for an expensive as all hell QB who may be 33 by the time we're able to legitimately compete for a title?

Don't Bogart the blunt, please. Pass that **** over here. I need a few hits to get on that whole other level.

Fellas, what are we discussing? We just signed what; 6, 7 AAF players? What kind of team do you think we're fielding over here in the non-fiction world? Please. For the love of everything that is holy, stop. We need sane fans now more than ever.

And for those of you arguing that Wilson isn't elite... well I don't know what to tell you either because you, too, are puffing on the good ooh wee.

I didn’t expect the four first rounder thing to be a popular opinion

But those saying it’s “way too much”... what do you think an elite QB costs? Do we really forget just how important a QB is?

It’s the same fan base that thought we could win w/ Rya..... oh never mind.

I think it'd make more sense for a team that is further along. Tennessee, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh (Roethlisberger is falling off) come to mind as places that have enough pieces in place to compete with a QB like Wilson - despite giving up so many premium assets.

Pat Mahomes is a once a generation talent. No qb will be as good as him for many, many years.

Russell Wilson has carried a bad team to the playoffs, while leading them in rushing and being efficient.

This notion he's had those things to fall back on means little when he's the teams leading rusher and the defense fell off, hard. When he was young he was benefitting from the same running game and defense that went 7-9 the year before he got there.

Lead a bad team is a rediculous assessment.

This fan base is... I don't know the word.

The owner himself said on camera how long and arduous this road might be and that they are ready for 3-13 if need be.

The front office has acted accordingly gutting this thing, fixing the cap, acquiring- even paying- for future picks.

And now you guys are actually discussing the less than likely instant gratification of Wilson? And worse, willing to part with 2, 3, 4 first rounders for an expensive as all hell QB who may be 33 by the time we're able to legitimately compete for a title?

Don't Bogart the blunt, please. Pass that **** over here. I need a few hits to get on that whole other level.

Fellas, what are we discussing? We just signed what; 6, 7 AAF players? What kind of team do you think we're fielding over here in the non-fiction world? Please. For the love of everything that is holy, stop. We need sane fans now more than ever.

And for those of you arguing that Wilson isn't elite... well I don't know what to tell you either because you, too, are puffing on the good ooh wee.

Good point about the aaf players signings lol. Nothing says white flag like that high # of adds. We already had future aaf tight ends in tbe building.

Last edited:
Only 2 number 1 s and with this make of the team we should loose all our games this year so the number 1 overall pick next year is what we would give up. Get that young QB and heck if your giving up 4 first round picks just keep picking QBs the next 4 years we are bound to get a good one and maybe on the first try.

You obviously don’t realize that Seattle had the #1 rushing offense in the league in football in 18 and the qb didn’t even do much of it.

Part of the reason the oc was fired in Seattle was because Pete Carroll wanted a more run heavy offensive emphasis by design. And again the QBs legs weren’t a big part of it.
yes but RW he win games. seattle was in rebuilding mod last yr and still made playoff. RW is great qb. this guy have been doing it from day one. would I take RW for next 8 to 10 yr. hell yes. we are not going win nothing in afc without qb. if we don't understand this by now it will be another 18 yr w out SB.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round in the 2000 draft... would you have traded 4 1st rounders for him in 2007? You probably would have said no, but given he still plays at an MVP level 12 years later, in hindsight anyone would have given that much for Brady.

Not saying Wilson is in same class as Brady, but he is easily a HOF QB with plenty of good years left.

4 1st rounders is tough to swallow, but I would easily give 3, considering this year’s draft isn’t that strong and we’d be looking to get a QB with one of these first rounders anyway, so it would really be like only giving up 2 additional 1st rounders with that in mind.

Ahh yes let's use the greatest player or one of the greatest players in NFL history and then say in hindsight you would've given 4 first rounders for him. Lol.

Hey while we're at it, can I give 4 first rounders for Michael Jordan back in 84?

yes but RW he win games. seattle was in rebuilding mod last yr and still made playoff. RW is great qb. this guy have been doing it from day one. would I take RW for next 8 to 10 yr. hell yes. we are not going win nothing in afc without qb. if we don't understand this by now it will be another 18 yr w out SB.

That Seattle rebuild turned into the #1 rushing offense in tbe league and a defense that hovered around the 12 mark for the vast majority of the year.

I’m just saying that rebuild talk didn’t play out on the field around the qb.

Back
Top Bottom