Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him?

This fan base is... I don't know the word.

And for those of you arguing that Wilson isn't elite... well I don't know what to tell you either because you, too, are puffing on the good ooh wee.

No clue what your personal subjective definition of "elite" is -- but since you believe Wilson IS

then help me/us understand your rating criteria by ranking the following QBs in descending order.

Beyond that -- please ID the dudes (I suppose only the top 2 or 3) you truly believe are "elite."

Mahomes
Rodgers
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck
Matt Ryan
Rivers
Brady
Roethlisberger
Baker Mayfield
Nick Foles
Matthew Stafford
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Russell Wilson
Cam Newton
Dak Prescott

Naw, we don't have the elite defense, running game, coaching staff required for his success.

I hope he leaves Seattle, they will not miss him like I'm sure he thinks they will lol.

You don’t need an elite defense if you have an elite QB... just good will do... we do have running backs and we sure hope we hired the right coaches... or nothing matters!

I'd trade 3 first round picks for him, but not 4.

The Dolphins have been lost in the wilderness for 2 decades because they haven't had a franchise QB. Wilson is a HOF QB.

He would BE the rebuild.

We all want the Dolphins to find the next great QB this year or next, but the odds would not be in our favor unfortunately. Trading for Wilson would be one of the most surefire ways to get a franchise QB because he is a known quantity... All the others would be a roll of the dice.

And why is that?.... because they mostly have been afraid to draft one.

No clue what your personal subjective definition of "elite" is -- but since you believe Wilson IS

then help me/us understand your rating criteria by ranking the following QBs in descending order.

Beyond that -- please ID the dudes (I suppose only the top 2 or 3) you truly believe are "elite."

Mahomes
Rodgers
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck
Matt Ryan
Rivers
Brady
Roethlisberger
Baker Mayfield
Nick Foles
Matthew Stafford
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Russell Wilson
Cam Newton
Dak Prescott

Not gonna play this game so if you want a you win your ego can have it.

I'll change the word elite. Will you accept bad a$$? Wilson is a bad a$$. Happy? Got you tingly? Or is he not even that?

That Seattle rebuild turned into the #1 rushing offense in tbe league and a defense that hovered around the 12 mark for the vast majority of the year.

I’m just saying that rebuild talk didn’t play out on the field around the qb.
just me I think RW is one of reason the running game work. that read option is hard stop w RW. He can do a lot on field. pass, hand ball off or run. weather he got football or not somebody got be on him.
I hear u. everybody is right on here none of us is GM. just talking football on Tuesday.

I bet you if you offer 4 #1s for the #1 overall pick the cards take it.

And then you can draft your duel threat plus passer o line offset qb and control him for the next 5 years for absolute peanuts.

I’d much much rather do that than trade that kind of future draft capitol for a at or near 30 plus Russell Wilson on a $30 mil per year likely ridiculously fully guaranteed contract.

Pairing it with a 30th ranked defense in 2018 that has dumped all its edge options and an oline that doesn’t even field 2 plus grade for their position options in it.

Yeah umm hard pass on the Wilson thing.

And why is that?.... because they mostly have been afraid to draft one.

We drafted one in the first round and wasted 7 years... 7 damn years... trade for Wilson and we know for sure we aren’t wasting years, but we have no guarantees with anyone we draft. Could turn out to be the next great QB but odds are more like the next Tannehill or worse.

Dude. That's totally unnecessary.

Just asking a legit question.

Yeah bro but it comes off as snobby. "Go ahead. List them. I want to see you list them."

You know? Come on. Really?

My bad. I'm sorry I came off like a pr!ck.

Why the challenge when you very well know Wilson is one hell of a QB? Forgive me for using the word elite. Sheesh.

:surr:

And if Pete Carroll is willing to pony him up instead of make him the highest paid qb in football on a new long term extension that’s not a red flag to anyone?

Really?

I’m not sure I buy that he’s “available” to begin with but if Carroll’s saying he’s not worth it thus we will trade him I mean that’s obviously telling you something. Or Carroll’s ego when it comes to finding franchise QBs is like shooting fish in a barrel. Guess that’s possible but seems unlikely.

And please don’t tell me Carroll doesn’t pull personnel strings in that building. Supposedly there has been riffs in the locker room there before because players said he treated Wilson so much differently then everyone else.

Yeah bro but it comes off as snobby. "Go ahead. List them. I want to see you list them."

You know? Come on. Really?

My bad. I'm sorry I came off like a pr!ck.

Why the challenge when you very well know Wilson is one hell of a QB? Forgive me for using the word elite. Sheesh.

:surr:

My point was not to disagree or get "snobby" but rather get some insight into how folks are rating QBs

specifically these highly subjective "elite" and "franchise" labels everyone passes around as is they are

USDA certified or something. I just think it makes the discussion rather dull when labels are used to

somehow justify ones opinion about a player -- as opposed to actually making the case as to WHAT

SPECIAL QUALITIES you believe are worth handing over 2 or 3 or 4 R1 picks for. And then when you

look at the list I put forth -- at least for me -- I see way more than 1 QB any team might win with.

But I still believe its a TEAM GAME and NOT just a QB freak show.

My point was not to disagree or get "snobby" but rather get some insight into how folks are rating QBs

specifically these highly subjective "elite" and "franchise" labels everyone passes around as is they are

USDA certified or something. I just think it makes the discussion rather dull when labels are used to

somehow justify ones opinion about a player -- as opposed to actually making the case as to WHAT

SPECIAL QUALITIES you believe are worth handing over 2 or 3 or 4 R1 picks for. And then when you

look at the list I put forth -- at least for me -- I see way more than 1 QB any team might win with.

But I still believe its a TEAM GAME and NOT just a QB freak show.

So what are we arguing about?

The post you quoted has me asking what kind of team do we all think we will be fielding hence, the messed up situation we'd be putting Wilson in because you are a zillion times correct. This is a team sport.

To think we're going to bring in Wilson and that he is going to be the savior... at 30... with this team... I mean, it's a fairytale.

If we are lucky, what can we possibly get? 2, 3 years of solid QB play because solid is the highest this current roster can expect?

Now he's 32, 33. In this perfect world scenario we have had 2 succesful drafts and spent the cap wisely to plug in big FA names where we need them. Now he's what, 34, 35 when we can finally field a team around him?

No DL interrior, no DL edge/rush, below average LBs, questionable at best OL, a RB taking the load for the first time, no number 1 WR, 3 thousand TEs yet none to speak of, 2 brand new systems to implement, a first time head coach...

How can we think that Wilson is going to come here and be "elite" here?

Will he elevate our play? Undoubtedly. He can put a team on his shoulders. But to what end with this roster? To more playoff chases that will either come up short or get demolished in the playoffs?

I thought the point of this rebuild was to find a franchise QB for the next 10 to 12 years.

You are absolutely right about team. The Seahawks prop Wilson up. But when put there, much like Brady, he comes through like a champ should.

Put any QB on this roster, Mahomes, Brady, Brees- it's not going to be as pretty as many are delusionally dreaming about. Not on this team.

So what are we arguing about?

The post you quoted has me asking what kind of team do we all think we will be fielding hence, the messed up situation we'd be putting Wilson in because you are a zillion times correct. This is a team sport.

To think we're going to bring in Wilson and that he is going to be the savior... at 30... with this team... I mean, it's a fairytale.

If we are lucky, what can we possibly get? 2, 3 years of solid QB play because solid is the highest this current roster can expect?

Now he's 32, 33. In this perfect world scenario we have had 2 succesful drafts and spent the cap wisely to plug in big FA names where we need them. Now he's what, 34, 35 when we can finally field a team around him?

No DL interrior, no DL edge/rush, below average LBs, questionable at best OL, a RB taking the load for the first time, no number 1 WR, 3 thousand TEs yet none to speak of, 2 brand new systems to implement, a first time head coach...

How can we think that Wilson is going to come here and be "elite" here?

Will he elevate our play? Undoubtedly. He can put a team on his shoulders. But to what end with this roster? To more playoff chases that will either come up short or get demolished in the playoffs?

I thought the point of this rebuild was to find a franchise QB for the next 10 to 12 years.

You are absolutely right about team. The Seahawks prop Wilson up. But when put there, much like Brady, he comes through like a champ should.

Put any QB on this roster, Mahomes, Brady, Brees- it's not going to be as pretty as many are delusionally dreaming about. Not on this team.

Right. It's going to take a PROCESS and there are bound to be some ruff spots -- but at least for now

we have the potential of a much brighter future. If we can build that -- step by step -- its going to be

really good to see the results. For me that's the deal at this point. No more stupid quick fixes.

No more half ask patches. Get the job done right. And stay focused on the end result.

Bottom line, it's either that or more of the same crap we've been dealing with...

But ya know -- we have to hope it works out positive for us.

And a few really good breaks along the way (like landing a certified winning QB and

hitting on a high % of our picks)!

Let's see what the first installment looks like in a few weeks.

:)

The same core of people who praised Ryan Tannehill for being below average his entire career will pass at the chance to have Russell Wilson on their team.

They keep hyping up the #1 ranked rushing offense based on yards and total attempts Yet that qb got pressured more per pass attempt than Miami's qb did. Still had 34 touchdowns and a 110 rating.

Ryan Tannehill got yall ****ed up lmaoo. Sad life to live in.

The Seahawks are my second favorite team and I love Russell Wilson, but I have a real hard time with this asking price. The fact is, he is a great QB and he has a fantastic skill set, but if you want to win with him, you need a) A good D and b) A willingness to tailor the playbook to him (not vice versa). He can run a lot of things, but there are some things he does not do very well (that's true of every QB, I know) and you cannot expect him to consistently dissect a defense with intermediate routes and a 5 step drop. But if you have a decent team and gameplan around him - i.e. tailor the playbook (lots of read option), decent RB's and run blocking, and a D that will not get blown out - then Russ will make you a perennial contender. He is good for 3 wins a season all by himself - he is a winner.

But 4 #1's and $30+M/yr guaranteed for 5 years? With the non-existent lineup we have right now? And Russ at age 30? That's a tough ask. I don't know if I would give that for any QB right now (ok, maybe Mahomes).

Back
Top Bottom