Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson May Be On The Trade Block? Would You Want Dolphins Trade For Him?

I’ve heard some say give 4 #1 picks and give him 30 million a year. I think that would be idiotic.
Man.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
n7Y52Q.gif

tenor.gif

Make it stop.

:lol:

I’m not usually hot take guy. But this has been fun

We arent going to trade for wilson. This draft will be a trench building draft and that is how it should be.

Wilson is a very good qb who i would love to have. In fact i made a thread years ago about drafting him instead of tannehill. That said, the ship has sailed there and our timeline makes zero sense for a Wilson trade.

And, to me, it's that timeline that makes trading multiple first rounders for Wilson a tough pill to swallow because it makes it that much harder to put a young, solid team around him that'll contend for the next 10 years.

We all whine about making this team a Super Bowl contender, not a playoff chaser once again. If the rebuilding process continues at its current pace, it'll be at least 3 years before we field a legitimate team around a QB. He will be 33 then. That's old for any player and even older for a QB who makes a plethora of his big plays creating time with his legs in the backfield.

If we could sign Wilson, I'd pay the man because it wouldn't deter us from acquiring young 1st round selections on rookie contracts which is vital to a rebuilding team.

A lot of posters are adamant that a team can turn it around in two years if done correctly. IMO, that's wishful thinking for us. How long have we been mediocre if not bad? 20 years? And we are expecting a 1, 2 year fix or else the coaches suck?

This might be a Browns type long road but some want that instant gratification yet again.

I know it's a gamble while Wilson is sure fire but the goal should be a young QB that can be a Wilson and be a great player for the amount of years Wilson has been and then some.

If we were to pick him up for 2, 3 first rounders, we better spend the bulk of our cap signing him the best of what free agency has to offer. That has the possibility of putting us in cap hell once again.

Is it worth it for a 30 year old QB as great as he is? All that money plus 3,4 first rounders? I can't get on board with that.

Wouldn't all you guys prefer a 21, 22 year old Wilson talent?

2 1st rounders tops. And it better come with the agreement the Dolphins and Wilson have an extension in place.

Outside of two firsts, rather just suck for Tua, Herbert, Fromm or Lawrence in 2021

Hoops is the only one with a viable reasoning and alternative concerning this hypothetical question.

Ship 4 number 1s to the Cards, get your QB on a rookie contract for the next 4 years at least. And hope you have enough around him to not get him killed.

Or just stay in reality, draft smart, rebuild your franchise from the ground up. Use 2019 to establish a new identity and build your foundation.

2 1st rounders tops. And it better come with the agreement the Dolphins and Wilson have an extension in place.

Outside of two firsts, rather just suck for Tua, Herbert, Fromm or Lawrence in 2021

Heck the fact that Wilson was drafted in what the 3rd round? Say how crazy 4 1st round pick for him truly is. I'd rather trade down those 4 1st round and draft 30 QBs in the next 4 drafts and see what happens.

Hoops is the only one with a viable reasoning and alternative concerning this hypothetical question.

Ship 4 number 1s to the Cards, get your QB on a rookie contract for the next 4 years at least. And hope you have enough around him to not get him killed.

Or just stay in reality, draft smart, rebuild your franchise from the ground up. Use 2019 to establish a new identity and build your foundation.

Could be easier. What if Miami wants the 2nd best QB, thinking he's a much better fit. Maybe just 3 1sts or 2 1sts and a 2nd. In any case, I agree with you and hoops. I wouldn't give 4 1sts for a 30-year-old Brady.

Heck the fact that Wilson was drafted in what the 3rd round? Say how crazy 4 1st round pick for him truly is. I'd rather trade down those 4 1st round and draft 30 QBs in the next 4 drafts and see what happens.

Pretty funny!

Innovative move!

Almost as fun as that 15 more years of shelf life for Russell Wilson stuff you dropped

If there’s a QB his age that could make it happen for another 15 years, id say Russ is a safe bet.

I didn’t claim he could do it, just said he claimed that he wants to

Not entirely sure what makes you think he couldn’t. Most durable QB in the NFL

Could be easier. What if Miami wants the 2nd best QB, thinking he's a much better fit. Maybe just 3 1sts or 2 1sts and a 2nd. In any case, I agree with you and hoops. I wouldn't give 4 1sts for a 30-year-old Brady.

Brady and Wilson are 2 completely different beasts.

Does anyone remember Brees and Culpeper? We've been through this.

We opted against Brees, and Brees is a star in NO. Russ is 30, still has many years left.

Theres no guarantee Tua, Fromm, Herbert or Lawrence will be any good.

Russ is good. We know this.

I would give up a 1st, only one. See how it plays out, and if it doesnt, we go all in on Lawrence when he declares. Till then, we have a good QB in Russ.

Back
Top Bottom