Rutgers - Cincy Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rutgers - Cincy Thread

WestVirginiaFan said:
Important question..........

If Rutgers loses tonight, and we (wvu) win out. Would we get the big east championship bid because we would be ranked higher than louisville, but still have the same record. Or what it go to louisville because of the two teams with two losses they beat us???

I dont know that you'd be ranked higher. If RU loses here they will drop a lot so a win vs them wont mean as much for you. Voters could take that into account and put Louisville ahead of you in their polls.

WestVirginiaFan said:
Important question..........

If Rutgers loses tonight, and we (wvu) win out. Would we get the big east championship bid because we would be ranked higher than louisville, but still have the same record. Or what it go to louisville because of the two teams with two losses they beat us???
I believe it goes to the team with the higher BCS ranking.

mjwenz said:
Louisville

Ooops I meant Louisville. Well you know what a mean...there are two halves of football...and Rutgers just got the ball back.

dont know that you'd be ranked higher. If RU loses here they will drop a lot so a win vs them wont mean as much for you. Voters could take that into account and put Louisville ahead of you in their polls.

If we do beat them, it will mean more because they would be the only team that Louisville lost to this season, and if we beat them. It would really help us out

WestVirginiaFan said:
If we do beat them, it will mean more because they would be the only team that Louisville lost to this season, and if we beat them. It would really help us out

Yeah, but your only loss is to UL, I'd think that would help them when doing the rankings. Two teams with the same ranking, how could you not rank the team that won the head to head matchup first? WVU could be ranked higher though, and they'd get the BCS I believe if that happened.

Nick is God said:
How is it officially over when this game isn't even at halftime yet?

Its over. It doesnt matter if they win, they have to win big to hope to move up. No one is going to move them up if they have to pickup a miracle win against Cincy. This isnt just true of Rutgers but anyone in the top spots, you have to win big against lesser teams to go past other teams. Rutgers is done as far as National Title hopes are concerned. I wouldnt put Rutgers above Michigan whether they win or not, Michigan would beat Rutgers by 30 at least.

Teel is just awful tonight, unfortunately they don't have anyone who could step in and save the day.

Take it from me,kids.17-3 at halftime does not look good for a BSC Championship right now.Rutgers looks too lathargic.The last fade before the half was what I thought they were going do.So did Cincy.:shakeno:

DonShula84 said:
Yeah, but your only loss is to UL, I'd think that would help them when doing the rankings. Two teams with the same ranking, how could you not rank the team that won the head to head matchup first? WVU could be ranked higher though, and they'd get the BCS I believe if that happened.
:yeahthat: You never know, but UL won comfortably.

finfansince72 said:
Its over. It doesnt matter if they win, they have to win big to hope to move up. No one is going to move them up if they have to pickup a miracle win against Cincy. This isnt just true of Rutgers but anyone in the top spots, you have to win big against lesser teams to go past other teams. Rutgers is done as far as National Title hopes are concerned. I wouldnt put Rutgers above Michigan whether they win or not, Michigan would beat Rutgers by 30 at least.

Cincinnati is ALOT tougher than you think and is likely heading to a Bowl game if they win tonight and Rutgers isn't going to win the title by leaping over anyone beating up on teams but rather by the top teams losing like if Cal beat USC and so on.

finfansince72 said:
I wouldnt put Rutgers above Michigan whether they win or not, Michigan would beat Rutgers by 30 at least.

Rutgers is no where the program that Ohio St. and Michigan's are and chances are they will never be and if they were to make it to the title game and played Ohio St. and beat them it might be one of the greatest upsets of all time in College football.

I'm no fool man.

Back
Top Bottom