Rutgers - Cincy Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rutgers - Cincy Thread

Holy crap, I just looked at the score and saw this. Really surprised. This would be big for Cincinnatii if they can pull this out, being that they normally suck and all.

I'm looking at the scoreboard and Wake Forest is geting beat up too. I guess this is the end of the line for the dream-story little guys this week. LSU gettin' whooped too. Am I awake?

Lol so much for Rutgers. Didnt someone say they can compete with anyone? I guess they cant compete with the Bearcats :lol:

Majpain said:
Lol so much for Rutgers. Didnt someone say they can compete with anyone? I guess they cant compete with the Bearcats :lol:

This game isn't really that surprising - well the severity of this beat down might be - because anytime a program that just tasted nation wide attention as RU did last week it's alot to experience for the first time and I could see how easily one can lose their focus. Now they need to learn from this and continue building, or chopping.

And Cincy impressed me tonight, they are a very underrated team.

finswin56 said:
Maybe for that one, but there's a big ole nasty can of worms right around the corner.

:lol:

Yes there is but at least were talking programs that deserve to be in the mix now.

WestVirginiaFan said:
Important question..........

If Rutgers loses tonight, and we (wvu) win out. Would we get the big east championship bid because we would be ranked higher than louisville, but still have the same record. Or what it go to louisville because of the two teams with two losses they beat us???

As far as who wins the Big East Championship, I don't think BCS standings matter. If Louisville wins out and WVU beats Rutgers, U of L wins the Big East Championship because Rutgers has 2 losses, U of L and WVU have 1 loss each, but U of L beat WVU. The regular season champion (since there isn't a Big East Championship Game) represents the Big East in the Orange Bowl. WVU will probably get an at-large bid in a BCS game and Rutgers will end up in the Gator Bowl.

I mean it would be silly to decide your conference champion on the BCS standing and not the wins and losses. Especially since its not Louisville's fault that after the 3 point loss to Rutgers, the polls put them behind WVU who they beat the week before by 10. Especially when Rutgers was a ranked opponent and the home team. U of L kinda got the shaft on that one. Its their own fault though, for not going out and taking care of business against Rutgers.:rolleyes2

LouPhinFan said:
As far as who wins the Big East Championship, I don't think BCS standings matter. If Louisville wins out and WVU beats Rutgers, U of L wins the Big East Championship because Rutgers has 2 losses, U of L and WVU have 1 loss each, but U of L beat WVU. The regular season champion (since there isn't a Big East Championship Game) represents the Big East in the Orange Bowl. WVU will probably get an at-large bid in a BCS game and Rutgers will end up in the Gator Bowl.

I mean it would be silly to decide your conference champion on the BCS standing and not the wins and losses. Especially since its not Louisville's fault that after the 3 point loss to Rutgers, the polls put them behind WVU who they beat the week before by 10. Especially when Rutgers was a ranked opponent and the home team. U of L kinda got the shaft on that one. Its their own fault though, for not going out and taking care of business against Rutgers.:rolleyes2
You're right, I mis-read his post. I was thinking along the lines of Rutgers winning tonight and there being a three way tie.

I had a real bad feeling about this game.

Just maybe if the WR caught some of those early passes, it would have been a different game, but it just snowballed.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I had a real bad feeling about this game.

Just maybe if the WR caught some of those early passes, it would have been a different game, but it just snowballed.
Sorry NJ. I was rooting for your boys. That's really not the way their season should have gone.

I'm not going to get down because of this game.No excuses,they got their tails beat.Who would of predicted they would win the first 9? I didn't! I'm happy for them win or lose.Being a fan for 30'something years,I love where this program is going.nuff' said.

Back
Top Bottom