Ryan Fitzpatrick likely to retire | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick likely to retire

I can see, and respect that view, even if I don't completely agree, but that isn't even close to what you originally posted.

No problem though brother. The post was a bit out of character for you.

I get it, I got really worn out by the constant Fitzmagic talk from a small group of fans who think he’s something he isn’t.

I wanted to move on last year but get why he was brought back. It’s never a good thing when he has to play so hence, cut ties. Again, respectfully. I appreciate that he tried to help my team win. I’ll never doubt his effort. But watching him throw a football makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Also, I was less than thrilled with his emotional public reaction to Tua being named the starter.

I get it, I got really worn out by the constant Fitzmagic talk from a small group of fans who think he’s something he isn’t.

I wanted to move on last year but get why he was brought back. It’s never a good thing when he has to play so hence, cut ties. Again, respectfully. I appreciate that he tried to help my team win. I’ll never doubt his effort. But watching him throw a football makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Also, I was less than thrilled with his emotional public reaction to Tua being named the starter.
That was kind of a crybaby reaction.

I feel the same way about the Watson talk dominating some posters entire rhetoric. It invariably spills over into unrelated threads.

I just try to ignore it anymore, and move on.

Exactly, and not just tge 16 years of experience. Fitz had an offense designed for him. Though our weapons weren't great, Fitz was able to start games with our actual starters. Tua played 2 games with the actual starters, looking very good in game 2 against the Cardinals, the game Preston went down. Tua ended up starting games without Preston, Parker, Gesicki, and Grant. We were down to hoping Mack Hollins would get the job done. Keep in mind this happened as a rookie coming off of a devastating injury. Also, who did Fitz actually beat? I mean he won 4 games, 2 against the Jets and 1 against the Jaguars, everybody beat those guys, they combined had 3 wins. His 4th win was against a depleted 49er team that had just lost half of their starters and was completely lost on the field. Okay, so he came in and "rescued" the team, (actually rescued Gailey) against the Raiders. The ONLY game he did this in by the way no matter what narrative the media drove, which fans fell for. Well the game was actually 16-13 when he entered the game that Gailey admitted he wasn't prepared for as they had a new DC who altered their scheme. Yep, ole Fitzy was "amazing" with that 5 yard pass when Gaskins spun out of a tackle and went 60 yards to the house. He was also "amazing" when completing the LUCKY hail marry while getting his head ripped on a broken coverage. I was glad to have him around as a bridge QB, but thats it and that is over. He is what he is, a likeable guy, a 50/50 gunslinger, just like he always was. If he retires, his last shot was on target to take down the enemy, and he can ride off in the sunset.
TRUTH

If you get a RB who can lead the league in rushing and a solid offensive line like the Titans, I have no doubt that Tua will be as good as Tannehill is with the Titans. In fact I believe he will be much better than Tannehill under those circumstances.
Tannehill proved, in the playoffs, that when Henry isnt rushing for 150+ yards the Titans offense fails. Tannehill does not have 'IT'
Tua, in that game vs AZ, carried his team across the finish line by himself more than Tannehill ever did.

I concur with that sentiment, but we're talking about Brian Flores here. He would insert you into the game if he felt like Tua was shītting the bed, and you were the backup
This is a reach. Fitz isnt Brian Hoyer.

In my opinion, Fitz provided the 3rd best QB play the Dolphins franchise has seen behind Marino and Griese. He put the fun back in watching Dolphin games his final 16 starts.

judging by RTs post Dolphin career, I don't think he was the biggest problem.

We all want "elite", but the reality is, by definition, 25+ teams aren't going to have that consistently.

Let me ask you this.

If TT isn't elite, but is in the second tier, 12-17 range, do you move on and draft another QB after next year? After 2 years?

At what level, and at what time do you draw the line?

Not being arguementative here at all. It's a serious question to your very valid assertion about holding out hope on a player for entirely too long.
He doesn't have to be elite. If he turns out to be a Stafford, Derek Car type, that would be good enough for me. One of the reasons I have grown to like Flores so much, is that he knows when the coaches are wasting their time with a player. And I am VERY confident that if Tua doesn't perform he will be either gone or be a backup in 2022. And I think by now every player who walks trough that door should know that by now. Based on where Tua was drafted, I would be happy wit 9-16 range. Anything below that, it's time to start shopping for a new QB, or trade for one in that 9-16.

In my opinion, Fitz provided the 3rd best QB play the Dolphins franchise has seen behind Marino and Griese. He put the fun back in watching Dolphin games his final 16 starts.
I'd say for one year Pennington had a better season than Fitz but it doesn't really matter now, does it?

I'd say for one year Pennington had a better season than Fitz but it doesn't really matter now, does it?
To me, as a longtime Dolphin fan, it matters. If I didn’t have the memories of the Griese and Marino years, I doubt I would be the diehard Dolphin fan I still am today.

Fitz led a team that was supposedly tanking and on a path to being one of the worst teams in NFL history, provided leadership and mentoring helping Flores to quickly turn the team around and establish the culture for where this team is now.

For me, that is worthy of showing a little respect and gratitude toward. If others don’t feel that way, oh well.

To me, as a longtime Dolphin fan, it matters. If I didn’t have the memories of the Griese and Marino years, I doubt I would be the diehard Dolphin fan I still am today.

Fitz led a team that was supposedly tanking and on a path to being one of the worst teams in NFL history, provided leadership and mentoring helping Flores to quickly turn the team around and establish the culture for where this team is now.

For me, that is worthy of showing a little respect and gratitude toward. If others don’t feel that way, oh well.
Nothing wrong with how you feel. I am a long time fan too and saw us win both SB's when I was a kid. Pennington let a team that had been 1-15 the year before into winning the east that year. It's ok to like what both did.

Nothing wrong with how you feel. I am a long time fan too and saw us win both SB's when I was a kid. Pennington let a team that had been 1-15 the year before into winning the east that year. It's ok to like what both did.
I agree. I enjoyed that year as well.

Apparently John Clayton also said that the Broncos were interested in him as a backup but he was not.

if this is true, I am So grateful that he was on our team and I hope We find a way to keep him in our organization. His natural energy was so great in this ****ed up world

Like the guy, not the QB as if he’s your QB you aren’t going anywhere. But heck he is a fun guy who brought a lot of grit and fun to the team and the game.

...all the more reason to grab Wilson @3 if he's there!

:oops:

Back
Top Bottom