Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

We could of had any of the 6 best QB’s in the league right now and 1 of them twice. They need to identify the QB they want and if need be trade up for him. There will be no tank job this year or any year. If the GM and HC try to tank for a pick they will never see the pick. And they will be lucky to ever find a job as a GM or HC again.

Unless they are tanking at the owner's behest....

I liked the point Dave Hyde made, something to the effect of: If this front office isn't good enough to find a QB without tanking to get the #1 pick, they also probably aren't gonna be good enough to surround him with any talent.

And I couldn't agree with that statement more.

I hope you're right brother. I like Fitzmagic, but he is a risk taker, and going slightly off kilter and those TD's morph into INT's. He throws a great deep ball but has had inconsistency issues. If he could get it all together like Gannon did … I'd be very happy to hear. Still, he's a short-term solution at best. At his age, he's not going to be here 10 years from now, so I think he's being brought in as a bridge and mentor to the young QB, whenever we get him.
Oh for sure, your 100% right.
But watching him his whole career, he has the ability to pull Rich Gannon type year or 2. He would need an o line though. It’s 100% he has the ability.
He’s a bridge either way, and he knows that and that’s good. He’s gonna be great for the locker room.
I feel like if the dolphins wait until 2020 to draft a qb, the season may be very different from how Fitzpatrick plays to if they draft one in 2019. Because the first game or 2 that he might not perform at high level, screams will start to not be patient with the rookie and throw him in. Idk how much that truly plays into his performance, it could be coincidence, but when he isn’t looking over his shoulder his play is far more consistent.
But that’s just speculation. He’s gonna make it fun to watch thought that’s the for sure thing lol

I'm not crazy opposed to what people are saying in here. I'm just of the belief that if we made the right hire we're not only going to win 2 games, which is what it will take to pick 1st. And Fitzpatrick, future owner of most games without a playoff appearance, isn't heavily launching us in one direction or another.
Ahh fair point about this signing

I liked the point Dave Hyde made, something to the effect of: If this front office isn't good enough to find a QB without tanking to get the #1 pick, they also probably aren't gonna be good enough to surround him with any talent.

Its easier to find a Corvette at a Chevy dealership than at a Kia dealership.

Not trying to be difficult bro, I agree with you in principle, it is just easier when you get your pick of the lot from a bumper crop of talent, than sloppy 13ths in a drought year.

Its easier to find a Corvette at a Chevy dealership than at a Kia dealership.

Not trying to be difficult bro, I agree with you in principle, it is just easier when you get your pick of the lot from a bumper crop of talent, than sloppy 13ths in a drought year.

I get that and I get the whole Ruddock increases our chances at #1 pick and it's all about increasing your odds. I also think it's really hard to earn the #1 overall pick with anything better than poor coaching.

I get that and I get the whole Ruddock increases our chances at #1 pick and it's all about increasing your odds. I also think it's really hard to earn the #1 overall pick with anything better than poor coaching.

Totally agree. That's why we need to hedge our bet by acquiring more 2020 ammo in the event the tank fails.

That's not a valid point at all...not with a new HC, staff and Grier trying to fix the idiocy that went on for years under Tannebaum. If it were the same FO/coaching staff with Tannenbaum, Gase, etc. (and yes, I know Grier was part of it but who knows how much of a say he had or made competent decisions but was overruled?) then it would be undoubtedly true. But, Rome wasn't built in a day and it will take time to get us back on the rails. Hyde sounds like many fans...he'd like a quick/immediate fix....ain't gonna happen after the years of mismanagement and horrid decisions by the former cabal of clowns.

Miami is not trying to tank, but i can hear the narrative now, after winning their 4th game, finheaven posters will be crying "Miami can't even tank right?!" Oh boy, i can't wait!

That's not a valid point at all...not with a new HC, staff and Grier trying to fix the idiocy that went on for years under Tannebaum. If it were the same FO/coaching staff with Tannenbaum, Gase, etc. (and yes, I know Grier was part of it but who knows how much of a say he had or made competent decisions but was overruled?) then it would be undoubtedly true. But, Rome wasn't built in a day and it will take time to get us back on the rails. Hyde sounds like many fans...he'd like a quick/immediate fix....ain't gonna happen after the years of mismanagement and horrid decisions by the former cabal of clowns.

I don't know how you get that out of that quote. It has nothing to do with win now. Actually don't know how that quote references that in way. It means if these guys in place are worth their salt at all evaluating talent they can 1. Identify a QB beyond the #1 pick that is a franchise like guy (you can find one of these guys in virtually every draft), 2. If they can only succeed with the first overall pick they probably aren't going to do very well building out the rest of the roster, regardless of how many assets they accumulate.

The first point is the most important, there are countless examples of elite QB's not drafted first overall and we better be able to find one because there's too many variables at play to just assume the #1 overall pick.

I disagree about Belichick. He is not a good example to be using to provide support for your position. Under Belichick the Browns had a negative point differential in 4 out of his 5 seasons in Cleveland.

Then Belichick had a -62 point differential in his first year with Pats having Bledsoe at QB. Parcells and Carroll had put together 4 straight seasons of positive point differential with Bledsoe at QB before Belichick took over. The following season with Bledsoe at QB the Pats started the season 0-2 with a minus 13 point differential.

It's when Brady became starting QB in week 3 that the point differential became positive leading the Pats to a 44-13 win. It's amazing how much better of a coach Belechick is when Brady is QB than when he is not.

Before Brady, Belichick was 41-57 in wins/losses, -17 point differential, had a losing record in 5 out of 6 seasons and a negative point differential in 5 out of 6 seasons.

What nonsense is this? were you even old enough to remember that season? Brady was not the driving force behind that team or the reason they won the super bowl. dude was basically along for the ride.

Belicheat is the GOAT coach, point blank, period. The league has transcendent talents that revolutionize the game at their position and everyone else is a system player. People like Dan Marino, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, they ARE the system. Brady is just a pedestrian bum without his coach and the consistency of the same system, solid running game and solid protection year in and year out. It took him nearly 5 years and loaded offense and HOF coach to have his breakout year where they ran the score up on people for stats.

The first point is the most important, there are countless examples of elite QB's not drafted first overall and we better be able to find one because there's too many variables at play to just assume the #1 overall pick.
There are actually more elite QBs drafted outside of the top 10 then the other way around... Big Ben, Brees, Wilson, Brady, Rodgers. I might be crazy but this might also suggest that QBs drafted by really bad teams have their odds cut in half just by the negative surroundings... Who would've thunk...

hyde is an annoying crank and his point is the result of convoluted logic the result of self hypnosis brought about by 7 years of 'pro Tanny-needs-100 All Stars to succeed' articles.

Back
Top Bottom