Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR

Spiff

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Just scrolled through the stats at NFL.com and Ryan Tannehill has the worst QBR of all starting QBs. He is at 58.2 right now. Jay Cutler is right in front of him. And he has Marshall.

Matt Ryan is 1st with 114.0, Roethlisberger, Kolb, Dalton and Ponder follow.

Stats are not important right now. It is all about the eyeball test with RT. I think he is passing with flying colors.

Times might get rougher, but he showed some flashes in every game that makes you take notice.

Once again, if Carp bangs it through in OT, we are talking about not one, but two comebacks via Tannehill.

The kid is going to be a rock star. Who cares how he rates now. If anything -- you used Cutler and his rating, who has Marshall catching passes. "What's that tell ya?"

The kid is going to be a rock star. Who cares how he rates now. If anything -- you used Cutler and his rating, who has Marshall catching passes. "What's that tell ya?"

Cutler is a crybaby with a psychotic wide receiver (though that Jeffery kid aint bad, and I wish we took him over Martin…but whats done is done).

He's also dead last in talent around him. I think he's doing fine. Yes, he does make rookie mistakes but I think he has a future in the NFL

Stats are not important right now. It is all about the eyeball test with RT. I think he is passing with flying colors.

Times might get rougher, but he showed some flashes in every game that makes you take notice.

Once again, if Carp bangs it through in OT, we are talking about not one, but two comebacks via Tannehill.
Not concerned about his accuracy at all? I know I am. I can deal with the rookie mistakes, but I'm not sure that falls under that category as it's the one area I haven't seen any improvement at all over three games.

Please note, I am not even close to calling him a bust, just voicing a legitimate concern that he has plenty of time to correct, if it can be corrected.

Tannehill doesnt call the plays. Its not his fault he's throwing 5 yard passes every play and has guys like armstrong dropping everything thrown to them. He's poised, smart and has plenty of athleticism and talent. To me thats all i need to see from him this year.

Yeah, there's a lot of problems with QBR. Mostly, the "Clutch Index" is just a way to add subjectivity to what is supposed to be an objective rating, and they don't adjust for opponent, which again adds a measure of subjectivity.

Yeah, there's a lot of problems with QBR. Mostly, the "Clutch Index" is just a way to add subjectivity to what is supposed to be an objective rating, and they don't adjust for opponent, which again adds a measure of subjectivity.

Good observation, I mean the players on the side get paid millions to.

TD passes. Needs more than 1 every three games to rank up where he needs to be. Moreover, not a crucial statistic. Kid is meeting if not surpassing expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has also played against two of the league's top defenses in the Jets and Texans.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Not concerned about his accuracy at all? I know I am. I can deal with the rookie mistakes, but I'm not sure that falls under that category as it's the one area I haven't seen any improvement at all over three games.

Please note, I am not even close to calling him a bust, just voicing a legitimate concern that he has plenty of time to correct, if it can be corrected.

Are you equating completion percentage with accuracy? If so, that is a mistake. Fins WRs and TEs have dropped a ton of catchable passes.

get some balls philbin and stop playing politics! bring up Matthews!

He has also played against two of the league's top defenses in the Jets and Texans.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Are you equating completion percentage with accuracy? If so, that is a mistake. Fins WRs and TEs have dropped a ton of catchable passes.

Not sure where you are getting that. Never mentioned stats in my post. I actually watch the games. If you thought he had no problem with accuracy, you must have been watching a different game than me.

So far I've seen the blame placed on damn near everybody else on the team. Is there anything Tannehill needs to work on, or is the embodiment of perfection?

Easy dude -- let's not crown the Jets just yet. This team has trouble stopping the run -- CLEARLY. And they are about to have some problems stopping the past. The Jets season all but ended yesterday. They barely beat us and needed an overwhelming amount of breaks to do so, and they lost their best player and one of the best in the NFL for the year.

The Jets will be lucky to break the top 15 in overall defense.

The Texans? Probably the best team in the NFL, and certainly the best D.

Back
Top Bottom