Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR

Just scrolled through the stats at NFL.com and Ryan Tannehill has the worst QBR of all starting QBs. He is at 58.2 right now. Jay Cutler is right in front of him. And he has Marshall.

Matt Ryan is 1st with 114.0, Roethlisberger, Kolb, Dalton and Ponder follow.

So he's supposed to be Top 10 or something after 3 games in his professional career?

Not concerned about his accuracy at all? I know I am. I can deal with the rookie mistakes, but I'm not sure that falls under that category as it's the one area I haven't seen any improvement at all over three games.

Please note, I am not even close to calling him a bust, just voicing a legitimate concern that he has plenty of time to correct, if it can be corrected.

You mean the strike that went right through Armstrong's hands? The bombs at the end in which he was putting where only his guy or nobody could get it? Things are also flying around him pretty fast, so that the ball is not always on the money does not surprise me.

So to answer your question, I do not worry about the accuracy. I am more worried about who we will get to help in the passing game come March.

So he's supposed to be Top 10 or something after 3 games in his professional career?
No, but it is ok to talk about some of his weaknesses without calling him a bust or being a bad fan, no?

His long ball to Hartline (IIRC?) to setup the game winning figgie wasn't one of those. Looked like a pretty good pass too.

I think most people are willing to cut Tannehill some slack because he's a rookie starting his 3rd game in the NFL, something none of those other QBs (other than perhaps John Beck) can claim.

I'm not talking about cutting slack though ..... every single little thing is quickly over-looked no matter what, so there's never any real discussion. On that pass to Hartline, Brian had to make a huge leaping play to get up to the ball. If it was closer to being in-stride, then we're talking game winning TD.

The Dolphins seemed eager to test the replacement referees, who called 20 penalties, including eight pass-interference or illegal-contact calls. According to the official gamebook, Tannehill completed just 2 of 9 “deep” passes for 61 yards and threw seven of them in the fourth quarter and overtime, connecting on just one.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...ame-to-go-around-for-miami-dolphins-in/nSJTN/

You mean the strike that went right through Armstrong's hands? The bombs at the end in which he was putting where only his guy or nobody could get it? Things are also flying around him pretty fast, so that the ball is not always on the money does not surprise me.

So to answer your question, I do not worry about the accuracy. I am more worried about who we will get to help in the passing game come March.
The problemat the end of the game was we had 3 time outs left and needed another 10 yards for a much better field goal before we take shots down the sidelines. The coaches blew the end of the game. They sucked at the end of the half and the end of the game. More of the same we have seen from whoever seems to be coaching the dolphins.

Those two successive "overthrows" weren't even in the area. So again, a little more touch could put the ball in a spot where only Hartline could be the guy to make a play on the ball.

Those two successive "overthrows" weren't even in the area. So again, a little more touch could put the ball in a spot where only Hartline could be the guy to make a play on the ball.

However, they had no chances to be picked. Maybe a chance at a PI. The team was in makable FG range. I have no issues with it. Two years from now, maybe. Next year if he is over throwing Greg Jennings or Keenan Allen...maybe.

However, he got the team in position to win the game which is pretty remarkable going against the exotic Jets D and the lack of weapons RT is going to work with.

Folks, the RT is a rookie. It might be 32 games before you can assess.

I've watched all 3 games and I see him out there throwing lasers. He throws some passes off target, but to me it looks like nerves, lack of reps, defensive pressure, and also not trusting our WRs (which he shouldn't be). I'm not saying it's not his fault. It is -- he's the one throwing the ball. But your comment implies to me that the talent is not there, and I believe it is.

When I think of accuracy problems, QBs like Sanchez and Tebow come to mind who regularly throw the ball to the sideline camera man. Or Matt Cassell, whose deep ball makes sawed-off shotgun look like a sniper rifle.

Guys can I ask you all to stop bringing up Sanchez in every thread as an example of a terrible QB? All it does is feed the Jet trolls that visit finheaven and we end up with a huge thread filled with "Sanchez is terrible" refuted with "he has brought the Jets to the playoffs twice" ad nauseum. Let us just discuss our QB on his own merits/flaws without silly invalid comparisons.

Folks, the RT is a rookie. It might be 32 games before you can assess.

That statement in a lot of ways is almost a partial truth.

Technically this is his 5th year in Sherman's offense (3rd as a QB). He's not the typical rookie QB who comes in and everything is brand-spanking new. Being a rookie doesn't exonerate one from blame. So he should own his mistakes and no fan should just excuse them.

Which, you must admit Hayden, is a far cry from our initial evaluation of Ryan Tannehill. Would you agree that he has more upside, and is even more accurate, than we believed him to be coming out of A&M?

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Guys can I ask you all to stop bringing up Sanchez in every thread as an example of a terrible QB? All it does is feed the Jet trolls that visit finheaven and we end up with a huge thread filled with "Sanchez is terrible" refuted with "he has brought the Jets to the playoffs twice" ad nauseum. Let us just discuss our QB on his own merits/flaws without silly invalid comparisons.

Why delay the inevitable? It'll be over when they replace him with another heralded pick of the century. And then we can start this whole thing over, except Tannehill will be an All Pro by that time ;)

And to answer your question... YES, the Kool Aid tastes so good.

Where have the Jets fans defended Sanchez with the AFC Championship games today?

Today? Did I mention today? It has happened countless times and it gets us nowhere. I just want us fans to discuss Tannehill on his own failings or strengths and you can do likewise on your own forums for Sanchez.

Back
Top Bottom