Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR

Right now with WR core we have and facing the Texans and Jets Ds I am not surprised. Bottom line to me is he has shown things that mean he can be a very good to great QB. He has pocket awarness, poise, seems to understand a lot about what he is seeing from opposing defenses, good arm strenght, mobility, decent accuracy, decsion making. I didn't think he would be this good at this point in all these areas, so I am happy. Seems to get balls to his receivers when they are open and has made some throws to get them open. 3 games in and it is better than I expected.

Not sure where you are getting that. Never mentioned stats in my post. I actually watch the games. If you thought he had no problem with accuracy, you must have been watching a different game than me.

So far I've seen the blame placed on damn near everybody else on the team. Is there anything Tannehill needs to work on, or is the embodiment of perfection?

I've watched all 3 games and I see him out there throwing lasers. He throws some passes off target, but to me it looks like nerves, lack of reps, defensive pressure, and also not trusting our WRs (which he shouldn't be). I'm not saying it's not his fault. It is -- he's the one throwing the ball. But your comment implies to me that the talent is not there, and I believe it is.

When I think of accuracy problems, QBs like Sanchez and Tebow come to mind who regularly throw the ball to the sideline camera man. Or Matt Cassell, whose deep ball makes sawed-off shotgun look like a sniper rifle.

Tannehill has brass balls, shakes his errors and setbacks off, deals with the severe limitations of the receivers (aside from Bess) on whom he is forced to rely (reminiscent of Fuller dropping alll those passes last season) yet still manages to put his team in position to win, no matter how he looks doing it. And that's the mark of someone with intestinal fortitude, gumption and the success gene. After his 22nd start and 3rd in the NFL including vs 2 of the most formidable D's that's all we can hope for at this point... and IMO that's more than enough. :up:

Tannehill has brass balls, shakes his errors and setbacks off, deals with the severe limitations of the receivers (aside from Bess) on whom he is forced to rely (reminiscent of Fuller dropping alll those passes last season) yet still manages to put his team in position to win, no matter how he looks doing it. And that's the mark of someone with intestinal fortitude, gumption and the success gene. After his 22nd start and 3rd in the NFL including vs 2 of the most formidable D's that's all we can hope for at this point... and IMO that's more than enough. :up:

Vaark were you as excited as I was when we drafted Tannehill? I was screaming like we won a playoff game. It's been a long ass time, and I thought he was a project player that had tremendous upside.

Little did I know that he would show proof that he belongs immediately. I honestly am at a complete loss as to how some fans on here aren't impressed with Ryan's ability now. Forget his potential.

He has also played against two of the league's top defenses in the Jets and Texans.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Are you equating completion percentage with accuracy? If so, that is a mistake. Fins WRs and TEs have dropped a ton of catchable passes.

Our defense did not play like a top defense yesterday, and with Revis out he still couldnt do anything.

Alright, I'm convinced. He's a finished product. Definitely nothing we can discuss about him that can in any way be taken as a "negative." The only reason he's not the greatest QB in the league already is everything around him and Carpenter. His accuracy is spot on. Definitely didn't overthrow the receivers multiple times. That was clearly the receivers' faults (though if we start a thread discussing receivers, it won't be their fault, it will be the lack of dirt). So, what should we discuss about Tannehill. How awesome he is? he's super awesome. :hi5:

Guys, you can point out negatives without considering him a "bust." It's okay. This is a safe place.

The windows that THill has to throw to are tiny.
Some of those incompletes are busted plays where the player doesn't run the right route.
Some of those incompletes are PI calls that Thill draws by making the right read such as the Hartline play this week and Bess last week.

Part of the reason his QBR is low is because we have no playmakers and otherwise we generally don't have to throw in the red zone because we run so well.

Thill passes the eyeball test to me. We just need to give him time and support.

Alright, I'm convinced. He's a finished product. Definitely nothing we can discuss about him that can in any way be taken as a "negative." The only reason he's not the greatest QB in the league already is everything around him and Carpenter. His accuracy is spot on. Definitely didn't overthrow the receivers multiple times. That was clearly the receivers' faults (though if we start a thread discussing receivers, it won't be their fault, it will be the lack of dirt). So, what should we discuss about Tannehill. How awesome he is? he's super awesome. :hi5:

Guys, you can point out negatives without considering him a "bust." It's okay. This is a safe place.

I hear you, but I think that concerns about his accuracy are overstated at best. He's more accurate than Sanchez (although I know that is not something to hang your hat on). Our coach said that THill is our started BECAUSE of his accuracy. Not a glaring area of need for him.

Does he have to work on it? Yes. I don't mean to insinuate you are throwing him under the bus. But there is more to like about him than not like, which is more than I expected when we drafted him.

Our defense did not play like a top defense yesterday, and with Revis out he still couldnt do anything.

dude really...sanchez is horrible...please go away and stop trolling. RT put us in position to win multiple times.

I agree with Gonzo on Tanny's accuracy, it has been good but not great. In the WC offense that can be the difference between a 5 yard and a 20 yard completion, and there were a few deep balls where he wasn't accurate enough either. Tanny I think will be a fantastic QB, there is so much to like about him, but he has a way to go still.

dude really...sanchez is horrible...please go away and stop trolling. RT put us in position to win multiple times.

Not to stand up for the Jets fan in the room -- but he is an odd duck. He knows that Sanchez sucks. He also realizes his team is in trouble, and was in trouble before losing their best player for the year. You don't need to knock him down any rungs, he's already a realist.

The whole thing is funny to watch. If it were any other QB that threw that pick 6, many on here would be harping on it all week long. They'd say ya, marching us down the field is good, but we should've never been in that position in the first place.

I need to see more out of this kid than the curls and comebacks to the sidelines. So far it appears that's all he can throw. The field shrinks when you're not multi-dimensional throwing the ball. His long passes most definitely need work.

The whole thing is funny to watch. If it were any other QB that threw that pick 6, many on here would be harping on it all week long. They'd say ya, marching us down the field is good, but we should've never been in that position in the first place.

I need to see more out of this kid than the curls and comebacks to the sidelines. So far it appears that's all he can throw. The field shrinks when you're not multi-dimensional throwing the ball. His long passes most definitely need work.

His long ball to Hartline (IIRC?) to setup the game winning figgie wasn't one of those. Looked like a pretty good pass too.

I think most people are willing to cut Tannehill some slack because he's a rookie starting his 3rd game in the NFL, something none of those other QBs (other than perhaps John Beck) can claim.

Back
Top Bottom