Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR

Tannehill has a lot of room for improvement. I think he will be good, but that's a lot different from him being good.

We need to see more improvement from one week to the next.

and it's gonna get worse if wr's don't run after the catch..or get more open..he can't get over 250 yards ..why the wr's no yac.

yet another reason why using qbr as the end all be all when it comes to a qb play is worthless...

I'm sure Peyton wasn't top ten through his first 3 games. Relax folks.

In Peyton's rookie season, through his third game he was 0-3 with 2TDs and 8Ints, completing 62-144 and throwing for about 600 yards. Specifically in the third game vs the jest, he went 20-44, 0TDs, 2 ints and 193 yds and those are with Faulk, Harrison and Pollard among others as targets. Wonder what a Colts bulletin board would have looked like at that point :idk:

You mean the strike that went right through Armstrong's hands? The bombs at the end in which he was putting where only his guy or nobody could get it? Things are also flying around him pretty fast, so that the ball is not always on the money does not surprise me.

So to answer your question, I do not worry about the accuracy. I am more worried about who we will get to help in the passing game come March.
Correct, I said ALL of his passes were inaccurate. Well read.

You are going to have to take the good with the bad, the kid has moved us into scoring position when he has had to. If it were not for Armstrong he would have had a long Touchdown yesterday, Tannehill hit him perfectly in stride and Armstrong just PUKED all over the ball...could have been the back breaker for the game. I like what I see right now from the kid, and the coaches are showing confidence in him. Good looking future for fins.

Not concerned about his accuracy at all? I know I am. I can deal with the rookie mistakes, but I'm not sure that falls under that category as it's the one area I haven't seen any improvement at all over three games.

Please note, I am not even close to calling him a bust, just voicing a legitimate concern that he has plenty of time to correct, if it can be corrected.
The only problem I see with his accuracy is with hartline who missed all preseason Armstrong who as soon as he signed has been on the sidelines most the time with his hamstring and naanee and that IMO is just cuz naanee sucks ass if you look at how his passes to bess look I dont see any concern the more he plays the better he will get

I'm not talking about cutting slack though ..... every single little thing is quickly over-looked no matter what, so there's never any real discussion. On that pass to Hartline, Brian had to make a huge leaping play to get up to the ball. If it was closer to being in-stride, then we're talking game winning TD.

Fair enough. And I completely agree, that pass was overthrown.

There's many mistakes to point at: he fails to look at the other side of the field at times (in the short figgie drive, IIRC, he had a guy wide open to the left when he was scrambling right). His ball placement isn't ideal, but it's not just that overthrow: sometimes the ball is just a bit to the left/right, or behind the receiver. And his awareness is sometimes utterly horrendous, as exemplified by his pick 6.

But again, you gotta look at it through the prism of context. I'd love for him to make zero mistakes, but realistically that's never going to happen. I want to see long term improvement (meaning cutting down on the really *big* mistakes)... which by definition requieres us to wait for a long term.

There are plenty of outliers in that rating as the tipped passes in the Houston game accounted for some fluke INT's. He will make mistakes, but I would venture to say (and call it a reach) that he is the best QB prospect we have had in a loooooong time. Don't sweat the small stuff.....he is after all a ROOKIE.

So he's supposed to be Top 10 or something after 3 games in his professional career?
Where did you read this in my original post? Actually, if you read my posts about Ryan Tannehill you'll find that I'm a big supporter of our rookie QB and I like what I've seen so far. Yet, this doesn't mean I'll not be looking at his statistics until year 3 or 4. I thought this was useful information for the people here, that's why I posted. Never said I want to cut his ass or something. People here need to realize that it's not always black and white. Just like Gonzo mentioned: we can like this guy but this doesn't mean that everything is perfect.

It's early enough in the season that the rankings are still pretty wonky. The season's not ending with Kolb ranked 3rd and Brees 25th. That's bizarro world. Ryan's done a lot of good and shown some flashes, but he's obviously learning and there are some struggles. Just don't make excuses for him. He hasn't been "great" like I've heard thrown around a lot. He needs to get better and he will.

How desperate are Dolphin fans to have finally found a QB? They create numerous threads about how great a QB is that has a rating of 58.2...:lol:

Let's see...it is the coaches fault, the WR's fault, the O-Line fault, the opposing defense fault, the refs fault, the...RT even gets credit for the drive that put Miami in OT, yet RT was 0-6 to close out the drive (missed a wide open Fasano that would have been about a 15-20 yard completion and missed Hartline open in the end zone). It was a 9 yard run by Thomas and a 19 yard PI call (ball was thrown high) that got Miami into position to kick the FG to send the game to OT, but people are crowning RT the "comeback kid" already. Not sure if it is hilarious, pathetic or both. One thing for sure is this board has gone absolutely INSANE!

Definition of INSANE = not of sound mind.

Reality check...we have a rookie QB that has played poorly and has been the biggest contributor to Miami's two losses so far. That is the reason he has a QB rating of 58.2. It's not everyone else's fault. RT has the QB rating he has earned at this point. Sure hope he gets better...a lot better.

How desperate are Dolphin fans to have finally found a QB? They create numerous threads about how great a QB is that has a rating of 58.2...:lol:

Let's see...it is the coaches fault, the WR's fault, the O-Line fault, the opposing defense fault, the refs fault, the...RT even gets credit for the drive that put Miami in OT, yet RT was 0-6 to close out the drive (missed a wide open Fasano that would have been about a 15-20 yard completion and missed Hartline open in the end zone). It was a 9 yard run by Thomas and a 19 yard PI call (ball was thrown high) that got Miami into position to kick the FG to send the game to OT, but people are crowning RT the "comeback kid" already. Not sure if it is hilarious, pathetic or both. One thing for sure is this board has gone absolutely INSANE!

Definition of INSANE = not of sound mind.

Reality check...we have a rookie QB that has played poorly and has been the biggest contributor to Miami's two losses so far. That is the reason he has a QB rating of 58.2. It's not everyone else's fault. RT has the QB rating he has earned at this point. Sure hope he gets better...a lot better.

Real talk!!!

Hard to believe Weeden is above him...he looks completely lost.

And he's 0-3.... granted we have only one victorh. But aside from 6 or so minutes in the 2nda quarter against houston, weve been competitive. Regardless of what tannehills qbr is...

Back
Top Bottom