Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR

Agree with WV, Gonzo, Strangeworld, and others. No one is saying Tanne is a bust, but he has certainly had issues and there is nothing wrong with talking about them. Yes he is a rookie.....yes he has few weapons.......yes we have played decent D's.......but the fact still remains that his QBR rating is terrible and a good amount of that stems from issues that he has so far.

What weapons? Bess is the only threat after the catch. Hartline falls over, Fasano looks like a stumbling tree when running. We don't have much outside of our running game. We drop probably like 40% of our passes.

What weapons? Bess is the only threat after the catch. Hartline falls over, Fasano looks like a stumbling tree when running. We don't have much outside of our running game. We drop probably like 40% of our passes.

You must have misread. I said " yes he has few weapons ". I would say that Reggie Bush is a weapon and maybe Bess. What part of that is inaccurate?

Tannehill can't get that rating up until the receivers reduce the number of drops AND help him out with some YAC. Armsoft dropped that pass that he could have taken to the house. Other qb's have receivers who make plays for them. Tannehill simply doesn't have it. Bess and Hartline are possession guys. They aren't taking it to the house and they don't have the size to score much in the red zone. Neither will get a ton of TDs.

I'd like to see Lane and Clay get involved down the seam more. They have some YAC ability. So does Armsoft if he ever gets his head out of his ass. Fasano is one guy who can "post up" and score in the red zone but he doesn't have much help.

You must have misread. I said " yes he has few weapons ". I would say that Reggie Bush is a weapon and maybe Bess. What part of that is inaccurate?

The selective reading is frustrating. They get their backs up at the slightest sign of criticism, no matter how constructive it is. There are legitimate concerns and areas he needs to work on, no matter how much they want to deny it or place the blame entirely on others. Thankfully, I think both Tannehill and the coaching staff understand that he has areas that he needs to work on, because if they take the same approach as some on here and apply teflon to Tannehill, we're in trouble.

Texans and Jets are hardly mediocre defences. Both are top 10 and you are concerned that our rookie QB with less than 30 career starts didnn't light them up. I have been nothing but impressed with Tannehill to date. Why are some fans so unwilling to give anyone the benefit of the doubt?

3 games and already this. Can we give him like at least a season before we break down where he is? And btw, you better show more patience than this cause Tannehill has potential but its gonna take a little time.

The selective reading is frustrating. They get their backs up at the slightest sign of criticism, no matter how constructive it is. There are legitimate concerns and areas he needs to work on, no matter how much they want to deny it or place the blame entirely on others. Thankfully, I think both Tannehill and the coaching staff understand that he has areas that he needs to work on, because if they take the same approach as some on here and apply teflon to Tannehill, we're in trouble.

WV has already called him a bust.. so there is that.

Has there been a defining moment where you watched any of the games and said "Thats my QB....thats EXACTLY what I have been waiting for!"?

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Every player has had just as much playing time as every other player. Saying its week 3 would be like saying its week 17 at the end of the season.

There is so much idiocracy in your statement I don't even know where to begin...

Anyone who buys into this and dooms the kid already after THREE games, note this...he can have one great game, and jump to the top 15 just like that...only 3 games have been played...chill...not to mention Matt Ryan is 1st no thanks to his all-pro receiving core, beef up our receivers for Tannehill and you would see an immediate impact.

There is so much idiocracy in your statement I don't even know where to begin...

Well I think you meant "Idiocy" there smart guy. Please enlighten me. All QBs have had 3 games to work with. Sample sizes are equal now, just as they will be at the end of the season. Saying we cant judge what he has done so far because its only 3 games is like saying you can not judge him based on a full season because its only 17 games.
3/3 = 1....17/17 = 1....simple math here people.
The sample size is different but it is still 1 whole sample size.

Plus FFS where did I say he was going to bust? or that he sucked? or any of that. I am DISSAPOINTED our #1 pick is the lowest rated QB in the league. WTF is wrong with that?

Well I think you meant "Idiocy" there smart guy. Please enlighten me. All QBs have had 3 games to work with. Sample sizes are equal now, just as they will be at the end of the season. Saying we cant judge what he has done so far because its only 3 games is like saying you can not judge him based on a full season because its only 17 games.
3/3 = 1....17/17 = 1....simple math here people.
The sample size is different but it is still 1 whole sample size.

Plus FFS where did I say he was going to bust? or that he sucked? or any of that. I am DISSAPOINTED our #1 pick is the lowest rated QB in the league. WTF is wrong with that?

Think big picture........Receivers brother, receivers!

Hes a rookie...he will learn and get better. i believe hes our guy

Well guys. After 3 weeks Tannehill is now the lowest rated QB in the league with a 58.2 QBR. :crazy:

Im not here to bash this kid. I think personally he has played pretty well at times. Plus we have to give him the benefit of the doubt considering he is a rookie with very limited weapons on offense.

I want to believe in him. I would love to think our QB situation has been resolved after all these painful years. But im sorry guys, it doesnt seem like it is the case. He is being outperformed by every rookie QB this year. Including the midget Russell Wilson (taken 2 rounds later).

I dont see special with him. I want to...my god I want to....I just dont.
To me he seems like he is scared to throw into the end-zone (Hartline open in week 2 and he hesitates too long before throwing it to hartline, eventually causing incompletion, also those overthrows to the endzone at the end of the game week 3.).
To me he has about 2-3 wtf passes a game.

I love that he is mobile, I love that he can make checks and audibles at the line and get everyone in the right place and right play at the right time. But can this kid be an elite passer? Does anyone see this kid progressing into an all-pro?

To me week 3 was his worst game by far of the 3. Im no "film guru" or anything. Just a humble fan who wants something to believe in, afraid he is putting his hopes into another turd.
I have seen signs that make me believe that he is special. I would already rather have him than the two opposing QBs we have seen in the past two weeks regardless of what the QB rating is. Another thing that shouldn't be overlooked is that his team already believes in him.

Back
Top Bottom