Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill dead last in QBR

Got to keep the faith! We as individuals don't always grow from success alone. Sometimes bad days make us a lot stronger for it. He is a rookie and there will be good and bad days, but we we want to see in the future is more good days then bad. I wish him and this team nothing but the best. We will find out a lot about this team this year. All I can say is I am excited about Dolphin football again. :brewskis:

There are 5 rookie QB starters and 5 2nd year QB starters. It would be nice if our QB wasn't the bottom of the list.

what would be nice is that if alot of fans would get off of irelands jock strap and let the FO know that we need to go out and get a couple legit WRs , even if we had to pickup TO and , or plax this year until we can get Tanny some more decent help at WR ,then maybe then Tanny wouldnt be at the bottom of the QB rating ,all of the other QBs have plenty of weapons around them ,while Tanny hasnt got ****.

Got to keep the faith! We as individuals don't always grow from success alone. Sometimes bad days make us a lot stronger for it. He is a rookie and there will be good and bad days, but we we want to see in the future is more good days then bad. I wish him and this team nothing but the best. We will find out a lot about this team this year. All I can say is I am excited about Dolphin football again. :brewskis:

bro its going to be very hard to find out what kind of team we really have when we dont have the weapons to PROVE how good we are and until wego out and pickup some weapons we will never know what might have been, or what could be.

bro its going to be very hard to find out what kind of team we really have when we dont have the weapons to PROVE how good we are and until wego out and pickup some weapons we will never know what might have been, or what could be.
agreed we can't past the jury on a ROOKIE QB with one of the worse if not the worst WR corp especially after it's only been 3 games.

If we don't have weapons, it says exactly what kind of team we are: a rebuilding one. I would say not a very good one, but we're heading in the right direction for the first time in well over a decade. Luckily, it doesn't take several years to turn things around in this league any more, only a couple when you start with the most important pieces: QB and coach. If Tannehill learns from his mistakes as the season progresses, hones his accuracy, stops staring down receivers, and begins scanning the whole field, and Philbin hones his game management, we could be playoff contenders next year. It all rides on their development. No amount of excuses could be made (though there will be attempts) for not bringing in more weapons next offseason. None. Zero. Obviously not every hole is going to be filled, and not every one needs to be. Every team in the NFL has holes. But there is more than enough leverage to bring in multiple playmakers through the draft and one or two through FA.

TANNEHILL is playing very solid football. He has done enough to be 2-1, for sure. CARPENTER cost us the JETS game, plain and simple...w/an assist from PHILBIN. It was sad to see, regarding PHILBIN, but that's life. "Icing" the K doesn't work: the stats are overwhelming. W/O "icing", Ks hit c. 75% from outside 40 Yards. WITH "icing" it's over 80%. So, "icing" was NOT the way to go: PHILBIN should've just let his team play, and let STARKS block the FG attempt.

As to our own final FG attempt, if PHILBIN had just pounded the ball, we could've had 5 or so more yards. That miss by CARPENTER was not by much AT ALL. I think that if the attempt came from just 5 yards closer, it's a MIAMI win.

But...so what? It would've been nice to win, but showing a lot of progress in a number of areas (including the QB position) is more significant.

TANNEHILL is playing very solid football. He has done enough to be 2-1, for sure. CARPENTER cost us the JETS game, plain and simple...w/an assist from PHILBIN. It was sad to see, regarding PHILBIN, but that's life. "Icing" the K doesn't work: the stats are overwhelming. W/O "icing", Ks hit c. 75% from outside 40 Yards. WITH "icing" it's over 80%. So, "icing" was NOT the way to go: PHILBIN should've just let his team play, and let STARKS block the FG attempt.

As to our own final FG attempt, if PHILBIN had just pounded the ball, we could've had 5 or so more yards. That miss by CARPENTER was not by much AT ALL. I think that if the attempt came from just 5 yards closer, it's a MIAMI win.

But...so what? It would've been nice to win, but showing a lot of progress in a number of areas (including the QB position) is more significant.

Pounding the ball? Playing not to lose when the Jets were expecting that? I would have liked to see them encourage some runs with the QB on a bootleg with option to pass - Come on play to win not to lose - and use your Qbs best assets

Stop posting . Its embarrassing.

My opinion is neither embarassing, nor illegitimate. Clearly, you haven't seen Joey Harrington play football, otherwise you would have to admit the myriad similarities to RT. I am a skeptical person. I am from Missouri when it comes to my Dolphins and the QB position. Excuses aside, he has shown me ALMOST NOTHING to believe he will ever be anything more than (at best) a bottom half QB in the NFL...of course, to do that, he will have to vastly improve since he is currently THE WORST STARTING QB in the league!

agreed we can't past the jury on a ROOKIE QB with one of the worse if not the worst WR corp especially after it's only been 3 games.

Rookie or not, we should still have high expectations, and not make excuses for poor performance.

He gets s e leeway, but at the end of the day, he better start making better decisions, and throwing a more accurate ball sooner than later. I'm not saying bench him, but lets not lower our standards because he's a rookie. He's an NFL starting QB. we should expect the nothing but the best.

Anyone who buys into this and dooms the kid already after THREE games, note this...he can have one great game, and jump to the top 15 just like that...only 3 games have been played...chill...not to mention Matt Ryan is 1st no thanks to his all-pro receiving core, beef up our receivers for Tannehill and you would see an immediate impact.

It is ridiculous to judge his career after three games. He is doing a good job controlling the offense, but he is not doing a good job on other QB skills.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

My opinion is neither embarassing, nor illegitimate. Clearly, you haven't seen Joey Harrington play football, otherwise you would have to admit the myriad similarities to RT. I am a skeptical person. I am from Missouri when it comes to my Dolphins and the QB position. Excuses aside, he has shown me ALMOST NOTHING to believe he will ever be anything more than (at best) a bottom half QB in the NFL...of course, to do that, he will have to vastly improve since he is currently THE WORST STARTING QB in the league!

While he is inconsistent and lacks some skills, his ability to control the offense and check to good plays will make him a solid starter for his entire career. The only question is can he get to consistency.

I'm not worried at all about Tanne.

Once he gets more weapons around him, and Sherman starts calling a better game, I think Tanne is going to be a top 15 QB by the end of next year, and only going up from there.

I guess Tanny putting the team in position to win the game in OT doesn't count as winning because of Tanny if Carpenter hits that kick. No one is going to see an elite QB in him yet. It's three games into his rookie season and he barely has a team around him. Dude has played in 26 games as a starting QB since college.

He has shown flashes but this team can't mask his deficiencies like the Seahawks can mask Wilson's deficiencies. Seahawks have a nasty nasty defense and serious weapons around him. Give it a few more games and don't be such a worrisome little bitch 3 games into the season. He has put us in a position to be 2-1 and because of poor execution by the special teams we aren't. If he is still making the same mistakes a few more games into the season then we should start to worry.

That is correct. He missed two opportunities to win the game when he failed to deliver the ball accurately to Hartline. You do not get to ignore the two mistakes and praise the good things. Please be consistent with your evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom