Ryan Tannehill Nfl Deep Throws

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Tannehill can make all the trows and for some reason that bothers some people here

The Goat

Escape Goat
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
The hater video seems like it's all from early in his career
Most of it is. Which is fine. He definitely needed work on the deep ball early on. He fixed a lot of things in the first four years of his career, with an absolute **** job of setting him up for success, and a worse job of protecting him. It's commendable that he's done as well as he has for that alone; he was abused nearly as bad as David Carr, and has had a better career by far.

The Goat

Escape Goat
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
This reminds me of the lion king except its the circle of Ryan...god I hope he either sucks and we replace him or he play excellent so the ryan haters and reran riders can call a cease fire.
It'll never happen. The only way this argument ends is for Tannehill to lead the team deep into the playoffs over the next few years. Otherwise the debate of "Can the Fins do it with Tannehill as the QB" will turn into a debate of "Why didn't the Fins do it with Tannehill as the QB." And that argument will never end.

The Goat

Escape Goat
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Most of these are passes that were being thrown away, or a defender got a piece of, you can easily create a video of these types of from any QB.

On the other hand, the 1st video that showed how good Tannehill can throw deep when given time (even when not given enough time with a few of them), it show ridiculously perfectly placed passes, that you can't create a video with just any QB.
To your point, that video was a "compilation" of 2015.

Here's a deep throw chart and grading of NFL QB for 2015.

Last edited:

zach attach

Starter
Reaction score
These videos are history, Ryan's past performances. One is nice to watch, the other is cringe worthy. What really matters is how he does it this year. Will he have touch on the ball after so long off? The answer will made clear after we start playing other team's defenses.

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
To your point, that video was a "compilation" of 2015.

Here's a deep throw chart and grading of NFL QB for 2015.

It should be noted that the QB's are ranked in terms of accuracy and NOT results in this picture. By accuracy 9th, By results 17th (TD Passes)

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Read the thread and quit over reacting. I did praise Ryan for his improvement. Geese.

illscriptures

We need better LB's
Reaction score
Notes that became evident from the video:

Brian Hartline was good for us
Mike Wallace is a scrub
DeVante Parker is going to ball this season
Kenny Stills is our most consistent deep threat

Ryan Tannehill looked impressive in an area he was deficient in early in his career. I disliked RT17 early on but he won me over his last season where he led us to the playoffs, playing with accuracy and poise in the pocket, while being attacked from all angles due to our horrid o-line. To me, the only remaining deficiency in his game is his pocket awareness and escapability. If he can improve in this area, he could very well become a very good quarterback.

Last edited:

39wildman

Starter
Reaction score
Notes that became evident from the video:

Brian Hartline was good for us
Mike Wallace was good w pitt and was all right w dolphins. thill17 and Wallace miss on lot td.. I blame both player.
DeVante Parker is scrub
Kenny Stills is our most consistent deep threat
Ryan Tannehill looked impressive

Last edited:

Blake the great

Starter
Reaction score
its only fair...
I have been Critical of Tannehill but a lot of those passes were merely throw aways, a handful were missed throws but the rest never had a chance to be completed. The WRs were blanketed on a lot of those.

Top Bottom