Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins

Why would we move a $$$ friendly starting qb, one that is the best we have had since Marino, playing better each year, for a draft pick where we have failed so often?

Unless we move him for a boatload, not going to happen, we would then have to spend a fortune on a FA. Now if we had a back up we were comfortable with it would be intriguing assuming Gase wants a change but we all know we have zilch.

And regarding the mental issue if it's such a tragic ,dire, thing with some people who would trade anything for him? I don't know him personally but from what I see he's pretty strong-minded and I think I'll be fine mentally.

"best since Marino.."?!?! says all we need to know about the last 20ys don't it.

Knock it off! You'd EASILY get a 3rd for a proven starting QB in the NFL that can come in and win you games. Outside of playing behind an elite QB there wouldn't be that much of a drop if Tannehill came off the bench for a starting QB.
Who will give us a 3rd for a damaged QB?

With our line Bradford wouldn't make it through pre season.

Well if I was running the team the only starter from 2017 that would start in 2018 would be Tunsil. I'm cutting the dead weight in James, Pouncey, J Thomas, and Timmons and spend the money saved their to improve Center or Guard and signing a RT and taking a guard within the first 3 rounds. The OL needs to be fixed, without a doubt, it's been a joke since 2009.

and they way it sounds, he's is trading RT before the draft, so you would trade away the only QB you have for a chance at someone who might not work out or even be available. I know many want to move on from Ryan but this is a terrible idea
Actually not even close to that "many".. just the loudest/most OCD about it
#EmptyBarrelSyndrome
tannehill level of confidence poll.jpg

Again a bunch of drama queens in a Tannehill thread. Who woulda thought...

Philadelphia wouldn’t trade Foles for Tannehill straight up? LOL. Of course they would. In a heartbeat.
A 3rd round pick at best for Tannehill? LOL. He’d get you a 1st even with his medical condition.
Tannehill not being a social media guy is an indication that he’s either not committed to come back or he knows he’s going to be traded? LOL. Social media...enough said.

I think I have never used more than one LOL in the same year. 2018 already breaking some records.

If RT would get us a 1st coming off an injury what is his value after a healthy year? 2 1sts?

Yes dude, and Foles won the SB....but Wentz did all the hard work as did Tannehill.

Wentz clinched a playoff spot before he got hurt, Tannehill didn't. We don't know if Tannehill would've won those games late in the year against the Jets and Bills to secure a playoff spot, especially Buffalo considering he's 0-4 in his career at Orchard Park

the only team in love w thill17 is dolphins.
who in their right mind would give dolphins first rd pick for thill17

Again a bunch of drama queens in a Tannehill thread. Who woulda thought...

Philadelphia wouldn’t trade Foles for Tannehill straight up? LOL. Of course they would. In a heartbeat.
A 3rd round pick at best for Tannehill? LOL. He’d get you a 1st even with his medical condition.
Tannehill not being a social media guy is an indication that he’s either not committed to come back or he knows he’s going to be traded? LOL. Social media...enough said.

I think I have never used more than one LOL in the same year. 2018 already breaking some records.

You sure? Tannehill obviously wouldn't start in Philly so why would they do that deal? To maybe upgrade their backup QB situation? They might not look at it as an upgrade, considering what Foles did for the team after Wentz went down. Even if they did feel that Tannehill was better, you think they'd rather pay Tannehill that $20 mil next year rather than Foles and his $7.5 mil?

Who will give us a 3rd for a damaged QB?

I'm not even going to answer this silly question. The premise supposes no QB that has ever suffered an injury and recovered has trade value.

How many knee injuries did Sam Bradford suffer? How much did he fetch in his trades? Minnesota gave up a 1st and a 4th for him for one year under contract. Rams also traded him for Nick Foles and a bunch of picks.

Bradford’s has had a series of major injuries — the last being a season-ending torn left ACL he suffered in the 2014 preseason. He missed 9 games in 2013 with the same injury to the same knee. And in 2011 he missed 6 games with a severe ankle sprain.

Please stop with this Foles BS. Foles won't do nothing without a great OL. So in other words. He is useless in Miami.

I suspect that after we win a Superbowl with Tanny under center, there will be some forum fans screaming "We should trade him now while he has his highest trade value". Basically they don't care who or what we get or already have as long as Tannehill is gone. I don't give those posters don't get much credit for pragmatism; crapmatisim maybe, but not pragmatism.

Back
Top Bottom