Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins

the only team in love w thill17 is dolphins and Gase. keep thill17 until 2024
the dolphins is not trying win sb.. they are happy to win 6 to 8 game yr.
That should be good keep fan coming to game.
every 8 to 10 yr make it to wildcard. then start all over again.
who in their right mind would give dolphins first rd pick for thill17 I would give 4 or 5 rd.

Wentz clinched a playoff spot before he got hurt, Tannehill didn't. We don't know if Tannehill would've won those games late in the year against the Jets and Bills to secure a playoff spot, especially Buffalo considering he's 0-4 in his career at Orchard Park
The fact that Wentz made the playoffs and Tannehill didn't is just about timing really. Yes we don't know if Tannehill would have made the playoffs but we don't know that he wouldn't have either. My response was to the fact that Tannehill needed elite talent surrounding him to be good which was unfair given the fact that before getting hurt he was playing well. If a career backup could win two games to make the playoffs, why couldn't Tannehill even with all his faults. Tannehill did most of the hard work to get this team into the playoffs and that can't be taken away from him, being 0-4 in his career at Orchard Park still doesn't negate his accomplishments for that season.

Again a bunch of drama queens in a Tannehill thread. Who woulda thought...

Philadelphia wouldn’t trade Foles for Tannehill straight up? LOL. Of course they would. In a heartbeat.
A 3rd round pick at best for Tannehill? LOL. He’d get you a 1st even with his medical condition.
Tannehill not being a social media guy is an indication that he’s either not committed to come back or he knows he’s going to be traded? LOL. Social media...enough said.

I think I have never used more than one LOL in the same year. 2018 already breaking some records.
Tannehill has a losing career W-L record (37-40), has never started a playoff game, has never been selected to a probowl, has been sacked over 200 times, is coming off 2 ACL injuries and hasn't played a snap in 20+ months and is coming up on the wrong side of 30. On Philly Tannehill is a backup to Wentz and not for $20M/yr. I would not trade Tannehill I don't think Miami can get much value for him given the stats above.

I firmly believe we could not get a first rounder for him from any team so we are stuck with him.

I highly doubt we could even get a Kevin Kolb type trade for Tannehill.

I firmly believe we could not get a first rounder for him from any team so we are stuck with him.

I highly doubt we could even get a Kevin Kolb type trade for Tannehill.
I agree with the first part of this but the second part is just stupid,trolling or whatever you want to call it.

I agree with the first part of this but the second part is just stupid,trolling or whatever you want to call it.

How is it stupid and/or trolling? Kolb was traded for a 2nd rounder and very good CB in Rodgers-Cromartie. It's very unlikely that a team would offer that right now for Tannehill because he's been injured, deep QB draft class, and solid free agent QB market.

How is it stupid and/or trolling? Kolb was traded for a 2nd rounder and very good CB in Rodgers-Cromartie. It's very unlikely that a team would offer that right now for Tannehill because he's been injured, deep QB draft class, and solid free agent QB market.
For one he never amounted to anything, and secondly, just because Arizona made a stupid trade doesn't he was worth it.

How many years is it gonna take to groom Tannehill?
Four. He was very good in 2016. I think you missed it. Buy Game Pass and watch the games.

Nobody missed it. He had a 5 of 6 game stretch, where he beat up on mediocre to bad defenses. And this is what qualifies as groomed? Took him 4 years to get to that stretch, and hasn't played a game since. Awesome.

Last edited:
Nobody missed it. He had a 5 of 6 game stretch, where he beat up on mediocre to bad defenses. And this is what qualifies as groomed? Took him 4 years to get to that stretch, and hasn't played a game since. Awesome.

Or an 8 game stretch with a 7-1 record to go along with a 6-1 record over the 2014 and 2015 seasons when the starting OL was intact. In those 15 games, his QB rating is well above 100. I'm sorry you cannot see the correlation between decent OL play on the Dolphins and exceptional QB play by Tannehill. Open your eyes. It's plain as day to see.

Or an 8 game stretch with a 7-1 record to go along with a 6-1 record over the 2014 and 2015 seasons when the starting OL was intact. In those 15 games, his QB rating is well above 100. I'm sorry you cannot see the correlation between decent OL play on the Dolphins and exceptional QB play by Tannehill. Open your eyes. It's plain as day to see.

I think everyone sees that, seriously. You could say that about any NFL QB. If the OL dominates how can the QB fail? I want a QB that can make a play on his own and knows when that play is at hand. Maybe a more mentally aggressive quarterback.

I think everyone sees that, seriously. You could say that about any NFL QB. If the OL dominates how can the QB fail? I want a QB that can make a play on his own and knows when that play is at hand. Maybe a more aggressive quarterback.
Yet Nick Foles is hailed as the next best thing since sliced bread in another thread. The guy who had the best line in football. Tannehill can only be good if he is successful with crap in front him?

Back
Top Bottom